Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
just came across this tool and sounded awesome then read about the login issues due to the anti-bot and willjl & sam's comment about copying the cookies over. so I tried it and it worked.
its not "user friendly" but certainly quick and easy to do and the few seconds it takes to do it will definitely save you the time it would need to check the games manually.

Thought id share with everyone incase it helps.
This will work for edge, chrome and brave

1. locate your settings file. I'm assuming your on windows
C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\f95checker
replace <USER> with your windows username. the AppData folder might be hidden so you wont find it in file explorer, so just replace <USER> then copy paste the location into your file explorer directly

2. create a shortcut of f95checker.json to your desktop or wherever so you can easily access it so you don't have to do step 1 again

3. log into f95zone using your preferred browser. then open devtools. (as a side note, Do Not Trust anyone that tells you to type stuff into devtools or share any info from there unless you want to be compromised!)
to open devtools, press F12 or ctrl+shift+i or click the 3 dots/settings icon > More tools > Developer tools

4. Go to the Application tab in devtools, if its not visible, click the >> at the top near Elements and console etc.. to find it.

5. in the side menu under Application, you'll fine Storage, under it you'll find Cookies, click the arrow next to it to expand it. you should find f95zone.to under cookies. click that to open f95zone's cookies

6. in f95zone's cookies, you should find xf_csrf and some random letters next to it, which is the "value" of the xf_csrf cookie. copy the value of that cookie

7. open the settings file f95checker.json you made a shortcut for earlier in step 2

8. look for "advanced": you should find "cookies": under it, then "xf_csrf": "<random letters>" under that

9. replace the text after xf_csrf with the cookie value you got from step 6. Keep the quotation marks!

10. save the file and you should be ready to go! if you had f95checker open id recommend restarting it so it can load your new cookies.
If it stops working just repeat these steps.

hope this helps as I really like this tool! and just to reiterate, dont share your cookies or anything in devtools and dont type anything anyone tells you to type in devtools unless you know what you are doing!
thats a great tutorial you made there, thanks, ill link it in the original post. however, there are some things you should point out (just edit the comment to add these): its not just better to close the tool when you do this, you need to have it closed or your changes to the config file will be lost. probably put it as step 1 to close the tool first. then, your method should work fine for regular users, but ones that have 2 factor authentication might need to copy a few other cookies. im currently experimenting myself to see which ones are needed.

Reactions: ascsd

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
This is the first time installing the tool, installation worked ,but i cant login, after putting in the credentials, the dialog box disappears for a while then comes again empty,
The settings I am using are:
1.Installed exe on Windows 10
2.Using Brave Browser
3.NOT using open in Private Mode
4.NOT using open pages as saved HTML
5.CHECKED refresh list at start
6.CHECKED refresh completed games
7.Auto sort-Alphabetical
8.Max retries 3
9.Max threads for refresh 100
10.BG Delay 15

I tried login out of browser then retrying ,doesn't work, tried switching to private mode (as mentioned in 3.)

Any help is appreciated ,this is the first time I am using this and was really looking forward to it
the original post clearly tells you to "PLEASE READ THIS" in a rather big font, so please do that.

after you have read that, you can try this solution. the tool itself works, just logging in is not possible to do automatically so if you want to use the tool, you need to follow that tutorial. if you use 2 factor authentication, you will need to copy over more cookies than that, and im currently trying to figure out which ones are needed.

Reactions: forgetmaster

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
ascsd ok so for 2 factor authentication the cookies needed are: xf_csrf, xf_tfa_trust, xf_user.
To make things easier, here are the lines that need to be replaced:
JSON:
        "cookies": {
            "xf_csrf": "value",
            "xf_tfa_trust": "value",
            "xf_user": "value"
        }

also, add that for linux the path is ~/.f95checker/, which is usually /home/<USER>/.f95checker/

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
WillyJL sweet. all done.
thinking about it now, it shouldnt be too hard to add a qt popup to ask for the cookies if it fails to login, possibly with the steps needed to get the cookies written. but i understand thats still time needed to sink into it

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
WillyJL sweet. all done.
thinking about it now, it shouldnt be too hard to add a qt popup to ask for the cookies if it fails to login, possibly with the steps needed to get the cookies written. but i understand thats still time needed to sink into it
perfect, thanks again!

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
WillyJL
another idea that might actually make this work and be user friendly!
theres a github repo called browser_cookie3 by borisbabic. dont want to link incase external links arent allowed.
apparently it lets you get cookies for a website from your browser. havent tested it myself and knowing how strict chrome is im not sure if it will but seems promising
so if it fails to log in, you just show a popup asking the user to log in using their browser, then specify which browser then fetch the cookies.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
WillyJL
another idea that might actually make this work and be user friendly!
theres a github repo called browser_cookie3 by borisbabic. dont want to link incase external links arent allowed.
apparently it lets you get cookies for a website from your browser. havent tested it myself and knowing how strict chrome is im not sure if it will but seems promising
so if it fails to log in, you just show a popup asking the user to log in using their browser, then specify which browser then fetch the cookies.
yes, that is how i would do it if i was going to fix it (not necessarily with that github project, but there are some easy ways to get a browser on screen and ask users to login and then grab cookies afterwards) but thing is i dont have time right now and i cant afford to waste time when it would be a temporary solution anyway. if when ill be less busy the situation will still be the same, i might look into it but for now its gonna stay like this unfortunately

ascsd

Jul 26, 2021
yes, that is how i would do it if i was going to fix it (not necessarily with that github project, but there are some easy ways to get a browser on screen and ask users to login and then grab cookies afterwards) but thing is i dont have time right now and i cant afford to waste time when it would be a temporary solution anyway. if when ill be less busy the situation will still be the same, i might look into it but for now its gonna stay like this unfortunately
yea fair enough, just looking at the code its seems you've already sunk a fair few hours into this.
since a workaround exists for a temp fix i guess that good enough for now!

forgetmaster

Oct 14, 2020
the original post clearly tells you to "PLEASE READ THIS" in a rather big font, so please do that.

after you have read that, you can try this solution. the tool itself works, just logging in is not possible to do automatically so if you want to use the tool, you need to follow that tutorial. if you use 2 factor authentication, you will need to copy over more cookies than that, and im currently trying to figure out which ones are needed.
Thank you for replying man, I tried all the steps mentioned by the post and even tried with different browsers and then also tried relogging and copying the new cookie value, still the same error, the checker asks for credentials and the disappears and returns empty, all tried redownloading the same version, then downloaded the previous version of the checker, I am hoping for a miracle at this point, please explain to me if I am doing anything wrong. Thank You

Edit: Also tried putting in username and password in the JSON file itself thinking maybe it may work, still no good

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Thank you for replying man, I tried all the steps mentioned by the post and even tried with different browsers and then also tried relogging and copying the new cookie value, still the same error, the checker asks for credentials and the disappears and returns empty, all tried redownloading the same version, then downloaded the previous version of the checker, I am hoping for a miracle at this point, please explain to me if I am doing anything wrong. Thank You

Edit: Also tried putting in username and password in the JSON file itself thinking maybe it may work, still no good
You need to modify the file while the tool is closed, and then reopen it. Do not modify anything while the tool is open. If you have 2 factor authentication you will need 2 more cookies, for a total of 3. They are in the instructions now, try redoing it.

sekt

Nov 14, 2016
Just an fyi, I dont have 2fa, and xf_csrf by itself didnt work for me. I had to add the xf_user as well. Otherwise it just wouldnt work, and i'd still get the login prompt over and over.

Thanks for the workaround guys :)

forgetmaster

Oct 14, 2020
You need to modify the file while the tool is closed, and then reopen it. Do not modify anything while the tool is open. If you have 2 factor authentication you will need 2 more cookies, for a total of 3. They are in the instructions now, try redoing it.
I have been editing JSON in notepad only when the checker is closed, still tried and nothing
I don't have 2 factor,
Just an fyi, I dont have 2fa, and xf_csrf by itself didnt work for me. I had to add the xf_user as well. Otherwise it just wouldnt work, and i'd still get the login prompt over and over.

also tried this but the dialog box says the file got corrupted and press OK to generate new file

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019

ascsd i swear this is the last thing xD

Reactions: ascsd

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
also tried this but the dialog box says the file got corrupted and press OK to generate new file
that is because you messed up the formatting. at the end of the line for every cookie you need a comma, apart from the last line:
JSON:
        }

Last edited:

forgetmaster

Oct 14, 2020
that is because you messed up the formatting. at the end of the line for every cookie you need a comma, apart from the last line:
JSON:
        }
Nope I copy pasted from here removing the 2 Factor lines
JSON:
Code:
            "xf_tfa_trust": "value",
        }
Then tried this
Then i decided to do a fresh Install of Checker, but there was still no luck,
Then I thought about the browser, decided to do a fresh start there too, then I logged out and cleared cache and the browser cookies and tried with new values, And VOILA finally it worked.

WillyJL Thank you for being so patient and understanding:
Also sekt and ascsd thank you for your inputs,

And WillyJL as also mentioned by sekt in his previous post, even if a user is not using 2 factor authentication,

JSON:
Code:
        }
Both the csrf and user values are required, also its best to clear cache and cookies from the browser, Please reflect this changes in your first post, so more people don't get the same issue.

Thanks again guys, looking forward for more features in the next updates.

Reactions: ascsd and WillyJL

forgetmaster

Oct 14, 2020
WillyJL I just checked your planned features
Soon:
  • Personal rating system
And I thought this is great, and i membered that i used to keep track of steam ratings and personal ratings, It would be great to see the Site ratings for the game with the personal ratings, What do you think?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
WillyJL I just checked your planned features

And I thought this is great, and i membered that i used to keep track of steam ratings and personal ratings, It would be great to see the Site ratings for the game with the personal ratings, What do you think?
someone asked for a way to put a personal rating for the games, so that they could keep some games in the list so they could remember that they were bad or something like that, and it makes sense. so when ill implement it ill just add some star widgets (1-5 stars) but those will be personal only, to avoid confusion. because i mean showing website ratings and personal ratings at the same time would just be a recipe for disaster. also, these personal ratings will be local only, as in when you change the rating, it does not create a rating on the website, but rather just saves your choice in the config file

PS: should also note that with the current situation of things im not gonna be able to work on the tool for quite another while, both because of the uncertainty of the api, and because i simply dont have time right now

forgetmaster

Oct 14, 2020
someone asked for a way to put a personal rating for the games, so that they could keep some games in the list so they could remember that they were bad or something like that, and it makes sense. so when ill implement it ill just add some star widgets (1-5 stars) but those will be personal only, to avoid confusion. because i mean showing website ratings and personal ratings at the same time would just be a recipe for disaster. also, these personal ratings will be local only, as in when you change the rating, it does not create a rating on the website, but rather just saves your choice in the config file

PS: should also note that with the current situation of things im not gonna be able to work on the tool for quite another while, both because of the uncertainty of the api, and because i simply dont have time right now
Totally understand your situation WillyJL ,and mate we greatly appreciate you for doing this on your own time, just to improve the quality of life of the community,

I am just putting out my ideas and just wanted to see what other people think about it.

so that they could keep some games in the list so they could remember
By the way, this gives me the idea of some type of progress bar of some sort to help the user see on what update they are playing or have played before and are currently on hold, This comes from the Anime tracking sites in which it allows you to see your current progress, What do you think about this feature, let us know.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
By the way, this gives me the idea of some type of progress bar of some sort to help the user see on what update they are playing or have played before and are currently on hold, This comes from the Anime tracking sites in which it allows you to see your current progress, What do you think about this feature, let us know.
overly complex for the usage of this tool in my opinion. however, versions will change at somepoint in the next updates: the tool will keep tracked of the last version that you marked as installed, and when there is an update it will show the latest available version, as in they will be both shown to help you remember what you havent played and how much you are behind. also, the installed version will only show if the installed and latest versions don't match

Reactions: forgetmaster
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes