Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

streetmedic

Jul 15, 2017
Hey maybe you can use winautomation to make a automated temp fix
Wait for Web Page Content Action
DESCRIPTION:

Waits until a specific text or Element appears or disappears from a Web Page.

This action operates on a Web Page that has been previously opened by a " " action. The latter stores the Web browser instance into a variable. This action accepts this variable and waits until the page is currently displayed in that Web Browser Instance contains or does not contain a specific element or text.

Option 1: Wait for Web Element (Contained/Not Contained in Page)

waitforwebcontent.png

Option 2: Wait for Text (Exists/Does not Exist)

waitforwebcontent2.png

This option waits until the specifies text appears or disappears from the Web page.

PROPERTIES:
Web Browser Instance:

Enter the variable that contains the Web Browser Instance you want to work with. This must be a variable defined by a preceding "Launch New Internet Explorer" action.

Wait for Web Page to:

Specify whether you want to wait for an HTML element or a specific text.

Text to Wait for:

Enter text you want to wait for.

Fail On Timeout:

Choose whether the action will throw an exception after a set timeout of waiting. Then go to the Exception Handling tab to specify how the Exception will be handled, otherwise the Process will stop and issue an error message.

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
Just restarted the tool after let it run a few days without visible problems.
I clicked Refresh and the UI looks how it should be, but the terminal (i start it via terminal to find possible problems) sees other things too:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
tried the Refresh again: the SSL-things seems to appear after i closed the window for new notification (so login still works here) (maybe i did close it too fast?) (KRB5_S_INIT sounds like it belongs to a Kerberos5 instance?)
tried Refresh again: no new line in terminal (had the notification again as i didn't read it) (and that killed the theory about refresh)

the previous run had only those:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So i can say: runs for a longer time, the cookie-data still works after that

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
This action operates on a Web Page that has been previously opened by a " " action.
that sounds just wrong. IE was never good for anything and if it really requires IE it would be deadlocked into a Microsoft OS (I'm just happy F95Checker runs on Linux, many thanks to WillyJL for doing it that way)

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Wait for Web Page Content Action
DESCRIPTION:

Waits until a specific text or Element appears or disappears from a Web Page.

This action operates on a Web Page that has been previously opened by a " " action. The latter stores the Web browser instance into a variable. This action accepts this variable and waits until the page is currently displayed in that Web Browser Instance contains or does not contain a specific element or text.

Option 1: Wait for Web Element (Contained/Not Contained in Page)

waitforwebcontent.png

Option 2: Wait for Text (Exists/Does not Exist)

waitforwebcontent2.png

This option waits until the specifies text appears or disappears from the Web page.

PROPERTIES:
Web Browser Instance:

Enter the variable that contains the Web Browser Instance you want to work with. This must be a variable defined by a preceding "Launch New Internet Explorer" action.

Wait for Web Page to:

Specify whether you want to wait for an HTML element or a specific text.

Text to Wait for:

Enter text you want to wait for.

Fail On Timeout:

Choose whether the action will throw an exception after a set timeout of waiting. Then go to the Exception Handling tab to specify how the Exception will be handled, otherwise the Process will stop and issue an error message.
If he wants to be done today he already has something in mind. Dealing with this at all instead of waiting for the new F95 site was not the original intention so we're lucky that he's looking into it.

streetmedic

Jul 15, 2017
try this solution

then search this file name to automate what ya need

Automation360-Web_Automation_Package_404.zip

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I don't want to be rude streetmedic but that looks unnecessarily complex, twisted and simply wrong. Not even to mention that your "solution" is Windows only in principle, while this app works on Linux too and I myself run Linux only on both my desktop and laptop. What you're suggesting might be *maybe* remotely useful if we didn't have access to the source code for the tool and couldn't modify it, but considering that I am the main develoer of it and the code is freely available on GitHub this is not the case.

I made this app using PyQt5, which is a python wrapper for the very popular and flexible . One of the very many things it features is a quite handy , which allows me to embed a webpage inside my app and gather the cookies after the fact. If I do something, no matter ho temporary it may be, I'll do it right.

AtotehZ Don't worry, what this will do is fetch the required cookies as if you did it yourself via browser, but in a sleek way. It will last just as long as it would have before all this mess.

unroot Huh, that looks quite odd. My best guess is that keeping the same HTTP session alive for that long and trying to use it aftwerwards might have made something invalid, like a certificate or something. I didn't quite understand if it managed to work despite the errors though. Also, don't worry I won't drop Linux support since I switched to it myself ;)

Reactions: unroot

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
Login fix update is up!
It's up and running (my SSL-errors still ghosting the terminal, but as they don't break things i ignore them :D)
This fix for Linux is still working fine, so i say it's a fine tool
(I will test the login-function shortly and update here...)

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
It's up and running (my SSL-errors still ghosting the terminal, but as they don't break things i ignore them :D)
This fix for Linux is still working fine, so i say it's a fine tool
(I will test the login-function shortly and update here...)
just a warning, you will need to install requirements again since webengine requires other dependencies. thats also why the zip is like 110 mb now instead of 40 previously
also about that fix, good keeping it there (might link it in the linux install instructions) but ive never encountered it, probably because i run garuda, which is based on arch and has a bleeding edge update system

EDIT: also i just remembered. that libpng warning you get is completely normal and not due to your system, it happens on windows too. its because of the system that downloads images, for compatibility it has to convert all the images to the same format and sometimes the rgb profile is weird and it prints that, couldn't find a way to silence it

Last edited:

unroot

Aug 14, 2019
just a warning, you will need to install requirements again since webengine requires other dependencies. thats also why the zip is like 110 mb now instead of 40 previously
also about that fix, good keeping it there (might link it in the linux install instructions) but ive never encountered it, probably because i run garuda, which is based on arch and has a bleeding edge update system
well, the new requirements plopped up a window that was clear enough what to do, so i didn't mention it.

That libxcb-issue happens on Debian 10 buster (Debian is known for slow slower slowest repo updates) and can happen on systems that are based on it as that PyQt5-15.5 build is flawed. (I tried to mention it again as i know it was hard to find on the web)
(Debian stable is now 11 bullseye, no clue if it still happens there as my Devuan stable is still equivalent to 10 buster)

110 mb for a good multi-system-tool is almost nothing nowadays, so no problem here.

Reactions: WillyJL

evilution382

Oct 17, 2018
I don't know how much is being looked into this program currently, but recently I've started getting this error when I launch the program or use the refresh button

As far as I can tell it happens to every game on my list, but it doesn't happen everytime i launch the program and I can't figure out what could be causing it

1633858415275.png

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
I don't know how much is being looked into this program currently, but recently I've started getting this error when I launch the program or use the refresh button

As far as I can tell it happens to every game on my list, but it doesn't happen everytime i launch the program and I can't figure out what could be causing it

View attachment 1445626
Just tested it on my pc, no errors here.

Are you running v8.4?

Willy will see this at some point and he'll probably be able to tell you what's wrong.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019

View attachment 1445626
i mean thats a timeout error, meaning that the connection to f95 took too long and so it was terminated, resulting in that error. either something changed with your internet connection (could very well not be your fault but your ISP) or f95 itself is struggling... not much i can do about a timeout error

evilution382

Oct 17, 2018
i mean thats a timeout error, meaning that the connection to f95 took too long and so it was terminated, resulting in that error. either something changed with your internet connection (could very well not be your fault but your ISP) or f95 itself is struggling... not much i can do about a timeout error
Alright that's fair, just wanted to check

ErmilokSs

Nov 1, 2018
Hello. Can i move app database from windows to linux?
I have 200+ following titles and its will take really long time to add them.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Hello. Can i move app database from windows to linux?
I have 200+ following titles and its will take really long time to add them.
of course. on windows the file you want is at %appdata%\f95checker\f95checker.json, and on linux you need to put it at ~/.f95checker/f95checker.json. just copy it from windows and put it in the right place on linux.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
what's your opinion on this software and do you think you could implement some functions of it to the checker?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
what's your opinion on this software and do you think you could implement some functions of it to the checker?
i thinks that is a great piece of software, even though using html + js for a desktop application is not my cup of tea.
what features exactly from there would you like to see in my tool?

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
i thinks that is a great piece of software, even though using html + js for a desktop application is not my cup of tea.
what features exactly from there would you like to see in my tool?
Some stuff in the FUNCTIONALITY paragraph that are unique and hope to see (if not already added:

• Game information overview
  • Ability to play/delete the game directly from the application
  • Support for the following languages:
  • It is possible to save/export game saves
    • Beta: only works for games tagged Ren'Py and RPGM
A function that I presented to your "co-worker" Atotehz, mass importing of games
Adding a game is possible via the button at the bottom right. When pressed it will present two choices:

You will be presented with a directory selection screen. Select one or more directories containing the game directly and press OK.

A directory selection screen will be presented. Select a single directory containing the game directly and press OK. A further screen will then appear asking for the main URL (post # 1) of the thread on F95Zone that contains the game information.
I just started using your software recently and was a bit exasperated when I discovered that it could only have new game (games only or comic thread too?) manually added one by one. I shared with ato an idea to allow mass adding links, like by having a separator between links (links#1, links#2) and the software I linked before allows selecting multiple folders to add. I didn't understand any other way of adding games except by posting one by one on the search bar on the bottom of f95checker

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Some stuff in the FUNCTIONALITY paragraph that are unique and hope to see (if not already added:

• Game information overview
  • Ability to play/delete the game directly from the application
  • Support for the following languages:
  • It is possible to save/export game saves
    • Beta: only works for games tagged Ren'Py and RPGM
A function that I presented to your "co-worker" Atotehz, mass importing of games

I just started using your software recently and was a bit exasperated when I discovered that it could only have new game (games only or comic thread too?) manually added one by one. I shared with ato an idea to allow mass adding links, like by having a separator between links (links#1, links#2) and the software I linked before allows selecting multiple folders to add. I didn't understand any other way of adding games except by posting one by one on the search bar on the bottom of f95checker
I'm just a betatester, but yea, we talked about that ;)

• Red Heart
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes