Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

AmBush-UK

Aug 1, 2018
WillyJL Queston:
As it stands at the moment to add a game a person has to add checkmark then click PLAY BUTTON, Locate Shortcut or .exe
(Manually adding entries to f95checker.json doesn't seem to work),
I Have 80+ Games I'm sure there are people who may have more.

Is there a way of Importing game collection? maybe some way of Adding a folder? Or am I just having a Senior moment and there is a way :LOL:
F95 Games 09_07_2021 18_08_32.png

AmBush-UK

Aug 1, 2018
A Follow-on Question I See the App checks online Versions, would it be possible for it to check against the version a person already has?

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Is there a way of Importing game collection? maybe some way of Adding a folder?
not as of right now, and im not too keen on implementing one. as much as i understand you with the struggle, i dont want to bloat the tool more than necessary. its root purpose is checking updates, the rest is added functionality and the reason i started developing my own tool is because the game list manager was too complex and i didnt want anything that interacted with my filesystem, i wanted to do that myself.
what will come in the future is a way to add multiple links at the same time, and an easy way to export all the links currently in your list and also a way to export the full configuration file, including settings, notes etc... and also import one back.
also im guessing you crossed the line about editing f95checker.json manually because you figured it out, but yea as long as you know what you are doing you can surely edit the config file, just do it with the tool closed as it only reads from disk at startup and will overwrite your changes with the values in memory
A Follow-on Question I See the App checks online Versions, would it be possible for it to check against the version a person already has?
what do you mean? like show what version you have installed and what is the latest available? if thats what you mean im sorry but no, again id prefer to keep this from interacting with game folders and so on as much as possible

EDIT: though i might add an option to not reset the game path when you deselect the installed checkbox / when there is an update, so that if you always keep the files in the same folder and just overwrite them they will keep working without having to reselect the exe file. however to help with the struggle ill say what i do personally: i keep my F95Checker folder in the same place i keep my game folders, but keep it to the top by putting a ! in from of the folder name. having it in the same place means that when i go to select a game executable i just have to go up by one folder and then go into the right game folder, thats the least painful way to do it probably.
1625863839632.png

Last edited:

AmBush-UK

Aug 1, 2018
as much as i understand you with the struggle, i dont want to bloat the tool more than necessary.
Understood.
also im guessing you crossed the line about editing f95checker.json manually because you figured it out, but yea as long as you know what you are doing you can surely edit the config file, just do it with the tool closed as it only reads from disk at startup and will overwrite your changes with the values in memory
Yea i got that figured out when Notepad++ Kept saying file has been changed i realised its cos App was open (y)

what do you mean? like show what version you have installed and what is the latest available?
Yea thats Exactly what i meant, but didn't word it well enough ;)

I Never thought to put the App in the Game folder :oops: (I Put it with all my other 'Portable Apps' althou I may move it Cheers for that idea)

Cheers For the answers

Reactions: WillyJL

Iconick

Feb 18, 2021
I know I'm a fairly new member and don't have tons of posts out there yet. But I hope you don't mind that I took the text portion of your signature WillyJL (removing the "I made" part of it) and added it to my own Signature. I love what you've created and wanted to support you in some way (since $ is tight and I can't afford it rn). Just let me know if you don't like that I've copied that part of your signature to use on mine and I will remove it!

• Red Heart

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
what do you mean? like show what version you have installed and what is the latest available? if thats what you mean im sorry but no, again id prefer to keep this from interacting with game folders and so on as much as possible
What about if it doesn't interact with game folders but just "remembers" what the latest version you had installed was? Something like if I check the installed box it keeps track of that version number even if the game is updated until I uncheck the installed box rather than the current behaviour of unchecking the installed box automatically when there's an update. It could even be made into an optional feature as I'm sure only some people would want it this way.

ohcmonrest

Jul 22, 2017
I can't get the requirements installed on linux.
Code:
pip3 install --upgrade -r requirements_linux.txt
gives me this output:
Code:
ERROR: Could not open requirements file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'requirements_linux.txt'
I have python3.9.6 installed and pip3 should be fine. However, pip3 by default seems to point to python3.8, which is also installed on my system. I know that pip is also installed with the 3.9.6 successfully
Code:
python3.9 -m pip --version
pip 20.0.2 from /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip (python 3.9)
but I don't know how to use this version of pip instead of the older one. I mean, this might not even be the issue I am facing.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I mean, this might not even be the issue I am facing.
you are indeed correct :D
I take it you're new to the commandline, and that's completely fine, we all have/had to start somewhere. "requirements_linux.txt" is a file included inside the download package for this tool. Simply opening a terminal and executing that command is not enough. You need to execute the command from within the correct folder, where "requirements_linux.txt" is actually located. If it can help, this is a great video to learn about the commandline and get used to it :D
good luck!

ohcmonrest

Jul 22, 2017
you are indeed correct :D
I take it you're new to the commandline, and that's completely fine, we all have/had to start somewhere. "requirements_linux.txt" is a file included inside the download package for this tool. Simply opening a terminal and executing that command is not enough. You need to execute the command from within the correct folder, where "requirements_linux.txt" is actually located. If it can help, this is a great video to learn about the commandline and get used to it :D
good luck!
That was indeed the issue. Thanks. I am slowly getting there.

Hi, I have an issue when installing requirements for linux:

Bash:
$ pip install --upgrade -r requirements_linux.txt
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement fcntl
ERROR: No matching distribution found for fcntl

EDIT: removing the dependency works
I now have this same issue. What dependency should be removed? Thanks.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I now have this same issue. What dependency should be removed? Thanks.
just look at the error message :D it says that it can't find fcntl, so remove that line from the file. in the past it was not included by default with python but i guess it now is, will have to remove it in next update

Reactions: ohcmonrest

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Just wanna contribute with something that does work. I haven't had a single error no matter what I throw at it and it's been running for days. Current version is very stable in Win10.

I use your tool daily to see if there are any updates.

• Red Heart

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Doesnt work on Windows 7 because it doesn't support Python 3.9+
yea already heard someone else saying that it doesnt work anymore on win7, but thanks for clarifying why exactly. however, i cant do much about it (or well, i could but i wont) because youre the one still using win7. it has been unsupported by microsoft for quite a while now and reached end of life long ago, and if you consider that windows 11 is about to release and youre still on windows 7, im sure you can see that its not too much of a surprise that it doesnt work anymore. should probably look into updating your system, or better yet try giving linux a shot, ive switched to linux on my main machine and have been much happier with it than with windows.

Dementor_ene

Dec 6, 2020
The program generates errors and does not add new games. Does not show new notifications and game updates =(

Iconick

Feb 18, 2021
WillyJL , Been running fine for a few weeks...then when I open it up today and click "Refresh", I get the same exact error that ErmilokSs got a few posts above.

F95Checker-2021-08-20-17.png

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Something went wrong... probably bug idk.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Currently getting same error
WillyJL , Been running fine for a few weeks...then when I open it up today and click "Refresh", I get the same exact error that ErmilokSs got a few posts above.

View attachment 1362606
That looks like a change from F95's side. Can't say for sure as I don't code much more than some smaller scripts.
I'm getting it too.

Willy will have to look at how hard it is to fix.

I just hope it doesn't require an addition to the api.

Reactions: yohudood
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes