Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
About colors
ive looked into it a bit and it seems that my only options are: making a few preset themes OR making an input box and generating the colored images from the hex code you put in the input box... what should i do?

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
ive looked into it a bit and it seems that my only options are: making a few preset themes OR making an input box and generating the colored images from the hex code you put in the input box... what should i do?
Definitely presets.

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Definitely presets.
im sorry for pinging you so much but turns out there is a color chooser, but the best it can do is invoke the after clicking a button idk what to choose though :/

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
im sorry for pinging you so much but turns out there is a color chooser, but the best it can do is invoke the after clicking a button idk what to choose though :/
Fell free to ping, no problem :)

Do you mean you don't know what color to choose? If yes, red is pretty good as default.

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
nope, i mean idk what to choose between the presets and the basic windows color picker
Well, honestly i am not sure as well :D I mean, it depends on how it looks on the UI, and how annoying to choose a color. Its your call :D

Dec 11, 2019
1599264847725.png How does (Open Pages as Saved HTML) work as when I have it checked and click open on one of the games, it will open 4 tabs on my Brave browser?

Also it would be neat if I don't have to delete all my files whenever there is a new update.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
How does (Open Pages as Saved HTML) work as when I have it checked and click open on one of the games, it will open 4 tabs on my Brave browser?
hm, thats weird... it works just fine for me, i always use open saved html... where is the program (F95Checker) located? EDIT: also, does at least one of those 5 tabs open the working page?
Also it would be neat if I don't have to delete all my files whenever there is a new update.
look at the changelog :D

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
If i own it i will tick it and it will stay ticked. If they release an update, it will look red and not ticked, AND IT WILL STAY LIKE THAT UNTIL I TICK IT AGAIN.
I hope this is what you meant, please tell me if it doesn't work as intended!

Reactions: abada25
Dec 11, 2019
hm, thats weird... it works just fine for me, i always use open saved html... where is the program (F95Checker) located? EDIT: also, does at least one of those 5 tabs open the working page?
1599267563273.png
The program is in my D drive and Brave is in my C drive, and no the 5 tabs all don't work

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
I hope this is what you meant, please tell me if it doesn't work as intended!
Well, looks like it is working, but i think the game name should be highlighted until i click installed. The app is already LOT more useful tho. (I am not sure if you need "Export updated to a file" anymore)

One problem i find is, if i change color (interesting way to change color btw : D ) i can't use "Open" button before refreshing it again. Same for extra size thing and sort. I am not sure if it is a bug or not tho.

Lastly, a small improvement. Changelog window is pretty useful, but it can be better if it can open links as well (on browser). For example latest update's changelog is just a link for this game --> https://f95zone.to/threads/a-town-uncovered-v0-29a-geeseki.1433/

edit. I am just curious about this : D Why don't you pack all game data in to a file instead of separating them to config and .txt files per game? Would be lot easier to carry games to a new version of the app, or save them if some bug happens etc.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Well, looks like it is working, but i think the game name should be highlighted until i click installed.
will do!
(I am not sure if you need "Export updated to a file" anymore)
idk, might make a poll to see if i should remove it... i remember yohudood asked for it at the very beginning (props on being with me since day one if youre reading this :D ) so idk we'll see what the poll says
One problem i find is, if i change color (interesting way to change color btw : D ) i can't use "Open" button before refreshing it again. Same for extra size thing and sort. I am not sure if it is a bug or not tho.
eh, kinda bug kinda not... the theme is loaded at program start and afaik there is no way to reload themes, so the only way to reload the theme is reloading the program (same for resizing, i currently set window and frame sizes at startup), and that disables the open buttons as the links are stored in ram only... there is no way to change theme without reloading but i might change how data saving works (look at last question) and add link saving so that they can be enabled after a program restart. for the resizing now that i think about it i might be able to resize the frames without restarting the program, its just that it seemed the easiest way as i was doing it in a rush
Lastly, a small improvement. Changelog window is pretty useful, but it can be better if it can open links as well (on browser). For example latest update's changelog is just a link for this game
well making it detect links and open them and then open spoilers to check the changelog would be really hard to implement, but i could make it so that the changelog window has an open webpage? yes / no at the bottom... should i add this? (btw this wouldnt be compatible with open saved html as links dont work properly as its a local html)
edit. I am just curious about this : D Why don't you pack all game data in to a file instead of separating them to config and .txt files per game? Would be lot easier to carry games to a new version of the app, or save them if some bug happens etc.
meh thats because at the start (if youre curious the first versions are still downloadable) there were no options and when the topic of options came up i thought of adding a config and didnt think of changing how game data gets stored, but thinking about it actually it could be quite easy to implement with the normal configparser im already using... hold my beer ima add this soon :D

Reactions: yohudood

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
> i remember yohudood asked for it at the very beginning

I am almost sure he asked it because there was no "installed" function before :D

> well making it detect links and open them and then...

You did misunderstood, i wasn't asking for something that complicated :D I just hope it to be a clickable link, just like in the webpage. As i said, this is a small improvement. If it is more complicated than i thought, you shouldn't bother.

> hold my beer ima add this soon :D

I am holding :D

While you are doing it, think some sort options as well for the future. For example

Game Name / Link (for "Open" button) / Date you add it to the program / Date of it's last update / (i am not sure about this but) Completed or Not. Those are what comes to my mind right now.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I just hope it to be a clickable link, just like in the webpage. As i said, this is a small improvement.
ah ok now i get what you mean. still, making a clickable string of text in an info box like that isnt really possible, but i could add a "Open Webpage?" "yes / no" instead of just "ok" to dismiss the window... should i do it?

Reactions: abada25

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
ah ok now i get what you mean. still, making a clickable string of text in an info box like that isnt really possible, but i could add a "Open Webpage?" "yes / no" instead of just "ok" to dismiss the window... should i do it?
Nah, "Open" button near the game is already enough. No need to bloat the page. Wasn't that big issue anyway.

Reactions: WillyJL
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes