• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool Others F95Checker [WillyJL]

5.00 star(s) 21 Votes

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
adjustable window size
hey umm... i managed to make it work... but it's weird... because of how the scrolling part works it doesnt resize dynamically so what i had to do to make it fully work is that whenever you are changing the size by dragging on the window edge it has to continuosly calculate all the sizings... so the result is that it works perfectly as intended but while you are resizing the window the cpu usage jumps to 20-30%... yeah... i did make it so that window sizing saves so you wont have to go through that each time tho... do you think it would be acceptable? i mean its a minor inconvenience but im only 75% positive that its acceptable

Last edited:

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
hey umm...
Well, as long as it is not hard enough to shutter the pc it should be ok. But i believe there is probably a way to make it without the cpu usage, since both scrolling and resizing are both fundamental features.

Reactions: WillyJL

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Yeah I’ll fix the issues later today, am busy in the morning. I have 2 questions about F95Zone tho:

1: how do I delete a poll? I managed to close it but I can’t remove it... or at least I can’t seem to find the button to do so...
2: is there a way to see how many times an attachment has been downloaded? Was just curious about how many people use my checker :D

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
Yeah I’ll fix the issues later today, am busy in the morning. I have 2 questions about F95Zone tho:

1: how do I delete a poll? I managed to close it but I can’t remove it... or at least I can’t seem to find the button to do so...
2: is there a way to see how many times an attachment has been downloaded? Was just curious about how many people use my checker :D
Sadly i have no idea :/

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Since unchecked installed games are highlighted, can you make it show the changelog aswell then thanks.
that will need me to change how game information gets stored, but I am already working on that... will see what I can do :)

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016

1. Poll removed for you.
2. It's just added as an attachment - so not sure about that - sorry.

Cheers

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Guessing based on several other titles that work the ":" is causing an issue with "Bones' Tales: The Manor" adding to the list. I've tried escaping it, the application then opens but doesn't list it.
hm thats strange... i'll see what i can do but i dont promise anything as this is quite unusual and might be out of my reach
I love the tool, thanks for all the work
no problem, im glad you guys find it useful :D

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Guessing based on several other titles that work the ":" is causing an issue with "Bones' Tales: The Manor" adding to the list. I've tried escaping it, the application then opens but doesn't list it.
try with this latest update... what i believe is the issue is that before the info got stored as .txt files with the game's name, and files cant have ":" in their name

EDIT: also i suggest that you paste the game links in the add input box, since that way the tool itself gets the exact name and there's less chance of some character errors

Microsafe

Apr 22, 2018
try with this latest update... what i believe is the issue is that before the info got stored as .txt files with the game's name, and files cant have ":" in their name

EDIT: also i suggest that you paste the game links in the add input box, since that way the tool itself gets the exact name and there's less chance of some character errors
Sorry I did paste the link, it gave me an error fetching list, crashed and wouldn't open. The rest of the post was my troubleshooting steps.

Edit: Oops missed the update part, tested and it is working with the update. Thanks

Dec 11, 2019
Not gonna lie I thought the new update broke the GUI for me when it was just a blank GUI for a while, but it was just taking its time to load. Anyway thanks for the new updates all the time.

Edit: Looks like it's faster to load now after deleting the old txt files in the data folder :LOL:

Last edited:

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Not gonna lie I thought the new update broke the GUI for me when it was just a blank GUI for a while, but it was just taking its time to load. Anyway thanks for the new updates all the time.

Edit: Looks like it's faster to load now after deleting the old txt files in the data folder :LOL:
yea i forgot to mention that now when you open the gui if you have some games that have the installed checkbox unticked it will load their changelog before loading the gui, so thats why it takes longer to load... you can also notice this when you uncheck an installed checkbox that it lags a little bit before unticking because its loading the changelog... i might make an option to enable and disable the changelog fetching so that if you dont need it it doesnt slow you down

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
Please let me know if you have any issues with the background mode!

TheHolySin

Feb 20, 2018
I'm having a problem. When I run the install.bat it errors out really quickly. I managed to make a screenshot of the error message.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
I'm having a problem. When I run the install.bat it errors out really quickly. I managed to make a screenshot of the error message.
when did you install python? i.e. did you install it for this tool or you had it before?

EDIT: found the issue... pip 20.1 and newer broke the win10toast package installation... the dev doesn't seem that active so I don't think he will fix this soon... i'm working on a fix but for the time being you can downgrade pip with the command "pip install pip==20.0.2" and then install.bat will work fine

Last edited:

TheHolySin

Feb 20, 2018
when did you install python? i.e. did you install it for this tool or you had it before?

EDIT: found the issue... pip 20.1 and newer broke the win10toast package installation... the dev doesn't seem that active so I don't think he will fix this soon... i'm working on a fix but for the time being you can downgrade pip with the command "pip install pip==20.0.2" and then install.bat will work fine
Worked, thanks for the help.

WillyJL

Respected User
Mar 7, 2019
uploaded a fix for the broken install.bat on pip >= 20.1. if you had issues with installing 6.5 download again and they should be fixed!

Reactions: TheHolySin
5.00 star(s) 21 Votes