MercuryDev

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2020
How do I make money? So far I only have expanses and no income...
So far? Man, the webcam scene appears right after you reach the second week, in the morning of the first weekday. After this scene you get an ability to gain money by launching webcam shows with your girls. I don't think you could spend $1000 in 7 days, but if you did, you probably shouldn't, knowing that you can't gain money yet.

Of course I could give player a hint, showing him a message like "HEY wait wait wait don't you rate my game with 1 star you can gain money but pls wait!!!". But wouldn't it be... dumb? I wanted to player worry about the money during the first week, I wanted the main character worry about it. And I find my decision good enough. Maybe I'm not the best game designer, but leading a player by hand thru the game isn't right. For me it's kind of a disrespect towards a player.

Sorry if that was offensive, I know you just asked. Maybe I'm too emotional and nervous about the new project.

MercuryDev

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2020
Nice, my kind of game!

BUT! This needs Sound: what is a proper gagging sloppy throaty facefuck without the GLUGH GLUGH GLUGH GWA GWA GWA sound?!
(But please IF you implement sounds, include a sound/audio level setting lol)
You're goddamn right! I’ve seen such a feature in My Demon Friend (I guess?), and it was cool. I was thinking about it during the development, to be honest, but for some reason didn't implement this feature. Maybe that's because of Twine (SugarCube) sucks at sound mechanics, I’ve realised that since I firstly tried to add music to Manreign. Well, that’s a work to do and a problem to solve, but I think it’s more than just possible.

Reactions: hp_surfer

IcedQuinn

Feb 17, 2020
I got to the part where I was expected to pay for chances of getting skill ups while also tracking that i can only work every third day and then lose skill points to keep the grind going and just closed the game.

that's more grind than i care to do.

Synizer

Dec 12, 2019
Could be a decent little game but the grind is absolutely the worst I've seen in a H-game in years. Money you only get every three days and that's only somewhere between $69 and $119, may be lower or higher but those are the opposite ends I've seen. Game then demands you pay $200 a week in rent, which goes up $100 per girl you have, then you also lose 2 off each stat each week which is roughly $60 in money lost via them. Then the only activities you can do all cost $15 at a 'chance' to raise a stat, so you will end up spending money on basically nothing more times than not.

So yeah if you take the top value I got of $119 times that by 3 because that's how many times you can do it you get roughly $360, so yeah you're always going to be losing money.

Honestly dude, you seriously need to ditch the grind.

MercuryDev

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2020
I got to the part where I was expected to pay for chances of getting skill ups while also tracking that i can only work every third day and then lose skill points to keep the grind going and just closed the game.

that's more grind than i care to do.
Could be a decent little game but the grind is absolutely the worst I've seen in a H-game in years. Money you only get every three days and that's only somewhere between $69 and $119, may be lower or higher but those are the opposite ends I've seen. Game then demands you pay $200 a week in rent, which goes up $100 per girl you have, then you also lose 2 off each stat each week which is roughly $60 in money lost via them. Then the only activities you can do all cost $15 at a 'chance' to raise a stat, so you will end up spending money on basically nothing more times than not.

So yeah if you take the top value I got of $119 times that by 3 because that's how many times you can do it you get roughly $360, so yeah you're always going to be losing money.

Honestly dude, you seriously need to ditch the grind.
Guys, you can launch a webcam show with EACH ONE of your captured gals. That means that once per 3 days you get an opportunity to make up to 800 dollars. And I believe I changed the minimum value of gaining money to $100, so you gain enough money to pay rent for the girl in 3 days, and you have extra 4 days to gain money for yourself.

Tell me honestly, were you really in need of money during the game? Did you end up broke or maybe didn’t have enough money to train? Or you’re just upset that your savings don’t increase as fast as you want? What’s the whole point of getting money if you don’t even in need of them at all?

I can’t say I have a paywall in the game. Skillchecks were made easier than they look like for the first build (cause actually your chances are not skill/100, they’re skill/40), cause I understood people could be worried by grinding. But people still saying my game is grind is hell. Shit, guys, I played it myself and had no troubles. Maybe it looks like a grindy one, but I don’t think it is.

Anyway, the whole mechanic with skillchecks works the best only when the game is full of content. Right now it’s just 0.1, even tho I tried to make it complete enough with 17 scenes. All I’m asking for is… dunno, give it a chance, if you liked the concept. Maybe come check it at the 0.3-0.5 period. I hope at that moment I’ll make the game work as it meant to.

3.20 star(s) 13 Votes