Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Probably something to do with the fact that the game's UI doesn't resize to fit your resolution preferences. There's probably a button below what's shown on the screen or something, just like how most of the button in the bottom left is cut off. You pretty much have to set your resolution to 1920x1080 if you want to play.

Codit

Jul 15, 2021
Where is the save data for the game? I'd like to be able to transfer my progress to a new computer. So far I've checked in the extracted folder and it isn't there. I did a search online, and according to I should check the registry at HKCU\Software , after deleting anything that resembled Failed Adventurer to try to figure out which one was the save file the game still had its save data when I restarted it. The other weblink in the Reddit thread said to check , but I can't figure that out.

Last edited:

VaughnXX

May 30, 2020
Probably something to do with the fact that the game's UI doesn't resize to fit your resolution preferences. There's probably a button below what's shown on the screen or something, just like how most of the button in the bottom left is cut off. You pretty much have to set your resolution to 1920x1080 if you want to play.
is there any way to change resolution?

WellIGuess

Jan 23, 2019
Incredible. Every chapter has a completely different issue with the text. In one, the translation is even worse than usual. In another, the text continually runs off screen. In another, every apostrophe is replaced by ASCII. And in the last chapter, every piece of dialogue cuts off after the first line.

Also, unless I missed something very important in the dialogue, there's no mind control in this game at all. Dude just weakens his enemies in a fight and rapes them.
While I get what you're trying to say, the pedant in me requires that I comment that apostrophes are alsoa part of ASCII. I assume what you mean is that you get the ASCII code instead of the symbol (which is what usually happens when you break the encoding).

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
While I get what you're trying to say, the pedant in me requires that I comment that apostrophes are alsoa part of ASCII. I assume what you mean is that you get the ASCII code instead of the symbol (which is what usually happens when you break the encoding).
Yeah, I was thinking of exactly that technicality while typing it, and sat there for five minutes trying to figure out a different way to phrase it. But I couldn't. I considered saying "random ASCII text", but that's also technically inaccurate because it isn't random.

Joga

Sep 9, 2018
Man, I hope an update to resize UI comes out. Stuck on 1366x768 and it's being a pain in the ass.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
How do I change the resolution of the game in order to y'know, be able to play the game?
You can't. You need to change the resolution on your computer, then change it back when you're done playing. It's... not a very well-put-together game.

Reactions: DaBoiii

Feddy

Dec 29, 2017
When every single one of your scenes is set so that the dialogue box covers the *ahem* parts of the scene, you KNOW you have an obvious design issue.

mtt94

Apr 21, 2020
When I open the game most of the option are just question marks and none of them works. Someone know what should I do?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
is there a way to adjust the resolution ? all the words are not fitting on the screen ive tried both full and window mode still happens i was browsing through a few files like browscap.ini and config in here FailedAdventure\MonoBleedingEdge\etc\mono and the eng files and files with in eng folder here FailedAdventure\FailedAdventurer_Data\StreamingAssets\Lang
looked around a few other places too and couldnt find anywhere to add in manually my own screen size preferences
bit of annoying not being to read all the txt on screen in game BECAUSE of this issue ive mentioned thanks in advance

UPDATE: gonna delete the game for now BUT ill grab it again if the UI gets fixed so i can see all the txt in game properly
came back and read some comments and seems as it stands for now theres absolutely no fix for it
You can, but it's an absurd solution that requires you to change *your computer's* resolution. Trying to do anything to the game directly won't work.

3.10 star(s) 8 Votes