VN Ren'Py Fairwood Retreat 87 [v0.2 Ch.1] [Sakura Blossom Games]

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
damnedfrog has unintentionally summoned me!!! Or perhaps intentionally.

I'm so happy to see more female protagonist games popping up! Your renders already look fantastic!
Thank you, I greatly appreciate the kind words! And yes, I do wonder if it was an intentional summon or not? :D
Yes, it was intentional :).
I don't know Nine of Swords if you are in slasher movies, but I have guessed this game can interested you.

Reactions: sagerock820

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Yes, it was intentional :).
I don't know Nine of Swords if you are in slasher movies, but I have guessed this game can interested you.
I used to be big into slasher movies, oddly enough. The problem with me now is that it's hard to get into horror because a lot of horror films go primarily for cheap jump scares, which are just bad for my health. :(

Being as this is an AVN, and it's female protagonist, I may try to find time to actually play a game...

SakuraBlossomGames

AVN Game Developer
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2021
I used to be big into slasher movies, oddly enough. The problem with me now is that it's hard to get into horror because a lot of horror films go primarily for cheap jump scares, which are just bad for my health. :(

Being as this is an AVN, and it's female protagonist, I may try to find time to actually play a game...
I am a massive horror fan. Grew up with the slashers of the 80s, even some horrors from the 60s and 70s. Too many movies to name, especially slashers that I love, I imagine a lot of them you know, especially if you used to be a big fan of them? Scream is of course, my all time favourite, especially for it's nods of homage towards other classics. Some of those older movies, especially when I was growing up scared the shite out of me...:p They have the rare good taste and timed jump scare here and there, but nothing overdramatic... so yes, I may have one or two jump scares where appropriate for atmosphere, but no, not like the newer movies and be overkill (20-30 jump scares in a 80-90 minute movie).

The problem with newer horror movies, is that by doing quick jump scares one after another it ruins the "tension". If you've never seen a horror movie before, or are a novice at the genre then a movie like Insidious or the Conjuring will be pure nightmare fuel... the key to a horror, especially a psychological one is to play on your emotions and like a rollercoaster slowly build up that anticipation, slowly get your skin crawling in goosebumps, have you on the edge of your seat, concerned for the protag, as well as the surrounding cast. Then let the rollercoaster fall, before slowly building that tension up again (not quickly having the drop one after another). In the case of a slasher movie it's a given what happens in that genre, one way or another, but you want to be on the edge of your seat, because you're tensed for their survival... that is fear, vs constant jump scares.

The traditional and classic horror movies, and the 80s slashers were more about suspense, vs screams.

Without going into spoilers, I want the player to be in the shoes of the protag .. they're no super human, they're human, a normal young women, who if it came to a life and death situation is equally vulnerable just like everyone else at camp. I want the player to enjoy the innocent nature, as well as the dramas of being at an all-girl summer camp (as you'd expect in a slasher movie), before the clock chimes for the death happy hour. At that point, the gloves come off and you'd be in for the ride or more appropriately the run of your life? At that point I'd want you to feel tense, because it really will be the question of... will you survive and will anyone else?

So, those 80s slasher and psychological movies whilst I do my own thing, are and will be a huge influence on how I shape my game as a horror. And the upcoming chapter 2 that I'm working on (the third release) I have two nice horror themed scenes in, so perhaps give it a try then?. ;)

Also, sorry for the passionate "geeky" rant. Had a moment there.:ROFLMAO:

1725308290350.png 1725308306348.png
Two already public teasers of of a scene in my upcoming chapter 2.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 4 Votes