3.90 star(s) 38 Votes

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
2 weeks and no posts? I hope no one is losing interest in this
Hmm well lets see, its 3 days to the supposed deadline, I'll repeat, deadline, and there hasn't been a single recent post saying they're on track. And this is all for a single, let me say it one more time, single update. I've almost clumped this game together with Monster Girl Island in my head, the only difference being they're Russian. Joking aside, Do I think that they'll make the deadline? Eh maybe. Do I think think the content released will be a whole years worth of development? Probably not. Although I guess none of this really matters considering I stopped pledging like 8 months ago.

suburbrocking

Feb 24, 2017
Hmm well lets see, its 3 days to the supposed deadline, I'll repeat, deadline, and there hasn't been a single recent post saying they're on track. And this is all for a single, let me say it one more time, single update. I've almost clumped this game together with Monster Girl Island in my head, the only difference being they're Russian. Joking aside, Do I think that they'll make the deadline? Eh maybe. Do I think think the content released will be a whole years worth of development? Probably not. Although I guess none of this really matters considering I stopped pledging like 8 months ago.
Two weeks? Their last was august 15th.... last Wednesday.
My bad. What I meant to say was "2 weeks here on f95"

I hadn't even looked at the patreon posts.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
I'm happy to wait so long as they stick to the rule for that deadline, if they don't change to per update pledges I'll be ending mine.

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Lets be real, how much hope did we have in the first place? These guys cant release a single update in 11 months while 9/10 other Devs can release an update monthly/bi-monthy. I wonder If they just keep finding themselves in some sort of loop. Like in the beginning the aimed for an update that caught up for them being gone for like 3 months, and failed. Then they set the goal for the 25th and once again realized they cant make up for them being dead. At this point they need to just drop what they have, this is pretty out of hand.

AnonF21

Aug 6, 2018
These Russian developers don't put as much effort as they did in ww2. Another example is Library Story that has been developed since 2016 but doesn't have that much content (no sexual intercourse).

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
Eh, I don't see why they should be putting 24/7 hours of effort in to the game.

There's 3 or 4 of them and that's not enough money to support them all, this is a tiny project right now it's a bit ridiculous to demand they put a shit ton of work in to it when they probably have jobs or study to do.

In any case, at least they're diligent about what they promised, they could easily have whored out that August revenue and been like "Uh...sorry guys...hehehe"
People expect a bit much, this isn't a huge team that's had hundreds of thousands of dollars to use. Some projects get over 10k a month and move as slow as this.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Lets be real, how much hope did we have in the first place? These guys cant release a single update in 11 months while 9/10 other Devs can release an update monthly/bi-monthy.
Maybe it has to do with the sort of games I follow, but most of the ones that I know of don't update that frequently. I'd say an update once or twice a year (or at least a substantial update) is almost becoming the norm. At least it has come to the point that I'm not surprised or disappointed by this news.

I would rather have very infrequent updates that are actually worth waiting for than monthly updates that don't really mean anything.

Reactions: surenvanfanel

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Maybe it has to do with the sort of games I follow, but most of the ones that I know of don't update that frequently. I'd say an update once or twice a year (or at least a substantial update) is almost becoming the norm. At least it has come to the point that I'm not surprised or disappointed by this news.
Yeah we must follow different games, because most of the games I follow that are similar it this (Static 2dcg CG) have a regular update schedule. I mean their are exceptions like Kingdom of Deception that I follow, but even then its not this long. The only ones that go over a year are animated games and people who flat out just don't release anything until its done. Maybe those games like Library story or Akbar games have a long release, but I absolutely hate those games. Either way none of this matters considering they've actually switched payment to per release; that gives me some confidence that their going to not sandbag their Patreons.

isony

Dec 12, 2017
I don't know how much they did get, but at ~1300$ per month is way too little to support more then 1 guy. Even with 1 guy it's not that much.

5000+$ and there should be regular updates.

Reactions: Gutsandguts

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
I don't know how much they did get, but at ~1300$ per month is way too little to support more then 1 guy. Even with 1 guy it's not that much.

5000+$ and there should be regular updates.
Yeah they're currently getting $1,315 per update which until a few days ago was per month.
For three people.
Not far over $400 a month for each person.

That's hardly a liveable amount of money I'm not sure what rent typically is where they live but here in the UK my rent for a 2 bedroom house is £525 a month.
If any of them have partners and/or children obviously their living costs are substantially increased.

Not really sure what people expect. They seem to see figures like $1315 and think that's a lot of money! But in the real world it really really isn't, split between three people, especially not.

BigBeef

Jan 4, 2018
Yeah they're currently getting $1,315 per update which until a few days ago was per month.
For three people.
Not far over $400 a month for each person.

That's hardly a liveable amount of money I'm not sure what rent typically is where they live but here in the UK my rent for a 2 bedroom house is £525 a month.
If any of them have partners and/or children obviously their living costs are substantially increased.

Not really sure what people expect. They seem to see figures like $1315 and think that's a lot of money! But in the real world it really really isn't, split between three people, especially not.
Isn't the dollar worth a whole lot more in Russia though? They'd be getting quite a lot going by the conversion rates.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
Isn't the dollar worth a whole lot more in Russia though? They'd be getting quite a lot going by the conversion rates.
After a quick search I found this site

No telling where they live but rent can be anywhere from like 11,000 roubles to 30,000+
$500 is 33,500.00 roubles.
So they're definitely not rolling in cash no matter where they live. If they have any disposable income at all it's not enough to warrant 24/7 work on the game anyway.

Reactions: TheDevian

BigBeef

Jan 4, 2018
After a quick search I found this site

No telling where they live but rent can be anywhere from like 11,000 roubles to 30,000+
$500 is 33,500.00 roubles.
So they're definitely not rolling in cash no matter where they live. If they have any disposable income at all it's not enough to warrant 24/7 work on the game anyway.
This is all just speculation though of course, none of us actually know for sure, for all we know they could be pretty well off. I don't think anyone is asking them to work 24/7, just enough to bring us an update with some decent content, even if it's just a few scenes, doesn't matter if the update itself isn't humongous, just them releasing an update every few months or so would be nice enough.

Making us Patrons wait almost an entire year for one content update just isn't good enough unfortunately, it's gotten to a point where I think they get super carried away with adding things to the game and they can't decide if they should stop and finalize it as an update or not.

Right now I think they should just focus this next month on finalizing what they currently have and release it. Because anyway you put it the chances of the content being worth the wait is very slim, taking into consideration that they're having a lot of trouble to meet multiple deadlines for a simple content update, something must be up.

Reactions: Mahgni Mada

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I don't think anyone is asking them to work 24/7, just enough to bring us an update with some decent content, even if it's just a few scenes, doesn't matter if the update itself isn't humongous, just them releasing an update every few months or so would be nice enough.
This. I, nor anyone else are asking for 24/7 development. I just feel that a year without content and only empty promises isn't ok. Even if they only worked 5 hours a week, their should be enough to bring us a build by now. It's not all bad though, at least they have made strides to actually update us on whats going on.

Reactions: Mahgni Mada

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
This is all just speculation though of course, none of us actually know for sure, for all we know they could be pretty well off. I don't think anyone is asking them to work 24/7, just enough to bring us an update with some decent content, even if it's just a few scenes, doesn't matter if the update itself isn't humongous, just them releasing an update every few months or so would be nice enough.
Making us Patrons wait almost an entire year for one content update just isn't good enough unfortunately, it's gotten to a point where I think they get super carried away with adding things to the game and they can't decide if they should stop and finalize it as an update or not.
Right now I think they should just focus this next month on finalizing what they currently have and release it. Because anyway you put it the chances of the content being worth the wait is very slim, taking into consideration that they're having a lot of trouble to meet multiple deadlines for a simple content update, something must be up.
I agree with most everything you've said there but I have faith in the devs simply because the first two updates were way better than what most games offer these days. Usually a game will mill around 0.1 versions for months adding barely anything to the point where you can only consider it an adult game because there's a single boob in it.
EDIT Also most of these games are VN's or near enough so they literally only have to add dialogue, CG's and the occasional minigame yet they take years to go anywhere, this is an actual RPG game, if small scale, with combat, choices etc etc

I'm satisfied with the 0.1 that had like half an hour to an hour of content and then the 0.2 that had much more than that over all the games I've played where I get like 5 minutes of new dialogue and one CG which sometimes is like pretty much a sketch.
I think you're right about them being unable to finalize it and adding more and more, hopefully they realize the error in that, the game doesn't need to be perfect every version, so long as it's actually functional I don't think many people would mind.
Considering all the sketches of future scenes they've done definitely adds to the idea that they've just got carried away and are now obligated to finish stuff they started.

3.90 star(s) 38 Votes