3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Shadowclonezero

Sep 21, 2017
No they didn't. They rig their own models.
Honestly you should be able to see the difference. It's not that hard to differentiate Honey Select models from others
well actually, one thing I've learned, from years of lurking on hongfire in the past, is that with mods illusion models can be changed to fit your needs.. so I definitely can't tell the difference. Also each illusion game has updated models that don't look that similar to the ones in the games before.. they use lighting and texture changes combined with actual mesh changes..

..so, I'm not meaning is it just visually the same, I'm only asking if someone knows 100% if they are or they aren't illusion models in some new form.. (visually they are similar, but they aren't exact of course.. )

drebin

May 1, 2017
well actually, one thing I've learned, from years of lurking on hongfire in the past, is that with mods illusion models can be changed to fit your needs.. so I definitely can't tell the difference. Also each illusion game has updated models that don't look that similar to the ones in the games before.. they use lighting and texture changes combined with actual mesh changes..

..so, I'm not meaning is it just visually the same, I'm only asking if someone knows 100% if they are or they aren't illusion models in some new form.. (visually they are similar, but they aren't exact of course.. )
Let's be fair, the modding community basically rebuilt everything about the models, so it's pretty far from the actual game assets. Only saying it's from Honey Studio, doesn't include all the modding with it.

Still the answer is the same for Operation Lovecraft. They built their own models, they are not modified illusion assets.

Reactions: Shadowclonezero

Red_7285

Nov 23, 2019

Ah, so you meant the models and not the animations. I guess at first glance you could think that the models look similar to something from Honey Select/Play Home. But if you actually try out this game you'll see quite the difference. Illusion's models don't even have proper genitals. That being said in terms of quality, Alet's model is superior to the others (IMHO). And that's not because she's my favorite of the three, but she got the most amount of time dedicated to her so far from the artists.

Do I know they're 100% not Illusion models in some form? Nope, I'm not experienced in modeling/haven't checked the models. But I'm 99% sure they aren't. And I'm also 99% sure if there's someone here that has compared them, that person will confirm that they're different.

Reactions: Shadowclonezero

Goshtic

Oct 22, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You can probably get similar results from Honey Select characters to look like Fallen Doll/Paralogue; aka the models. Since you can customize their parameters quite well. Of course the vanilla base look of the game is quite dated, but there are people that still enjoy this style preference (2D Cel-shading look) over the hyper-realistic modifications available. There are other (different game with) improved looking options for the Cel-Shading effect.

Even with modification use of Linear Rendering Experiment and Image Based Lighting techniques, without the proper filters, it'll never look exactly the same to what Project Helius are doing. Especially, when they're not the same game engine (Unreal vs Unity [very old ver]).

It's also different artistic styles used. Which is a night and day difference.

You have to remember that since the "user" are doing the mods, they tend to borrow models from all over the place, so you would see Honey Select using model assets similar from users that made them for modded Skyrim. These models are usually borne from DAZ Studio or Poser. Whereas PH's characters are borne from their own in-house creations; my educated guess is Blender and then imported to UE4. They've done a good job hiding the UI from their model previews, but Blender being open source... it's something they would most likely use.

Last edited:

Hissatsu69

Dec 24, 2019
Someone showed the difference in models between Alet and Erika, from different angles, and Erika's model couldn't hold up. Alet is unquestionably better. Dr. Anya doesn't sit right with me, either. I don't feel like she is proportional. Like, her head seems a little small for her body (just barely). Her upper arms are too skinny for her physique. Her boobs look like cheap implants. Her waist / upper thigh protrudes out too far from the sides.

NopLesT

Sep 24, 2017
Changing IP with a VPN seems to be a bypass for the MEGA quota, or so I heard.

Here is a for both versions on fapforfun, a blog that seems to reupload F95 content as torrents.
You might want to play the games you get from there through a virtual machine...idk, just whispers in the wind.
Many thanks for this, i appreciate the effort.

alkt

Nov 23, 2018
Is there a way to pullout after a creampie in the game? i cant seem to find the button o_O

projectheliu

Sep 23, 2019
My old account got deleted for some reason so I did not come back here to check things up for like two years. Still no idea why the moderator would ban a dev's account but oh well.
With the covid locking everyone down at home I can finally have some time to collect feedback from other sources in preparation for the steam release. I'm not staying long here on the forum but glad to see the game well received.

It's still uncertain how the pandemic would affect the development (ubisoft is forcing their employees into crunch mode with a ton of remote work so our environment team is not functioning as efficiently as usual), but hopefully we can still handle it. maybe.

Last edited:

projectheliu

Sep 23, 2019
Edit: Bonus
Brilliant job Goskic. Gonna post this on twitter. Are you using Reshade with this one? If so, mind sharing the settings so I can improve the lighting in the scenes?
If you would like to share pls make a post on Patreon as I won't visit here frequently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goshtic
D

Deleted member 373045

My old account got deleted for some reason so I did not come back here to check things up for like two years. Still no idea why the moderator would ban a dev's account but oh well.
With the covid locking everyone down at home I can finally have some time to collect feedback from other sources in preparation for the steam release. I'm not staying long here on the forum but glad to see the game well received.

It's still uncertain how the pandemic would affect the development (ubisoft is forcing their employees into crunch mode with a ton of remote work so our environment team is not functioning as efficiently as usual), but hopefully we can still handle it. maybe.
The game desperately needs creampies and more bestiality/monsters. I'm tired of dreamer scenes which I don't even touch and ignore. It's sad they have the most scenes too.

projectheliu

Sep 23, 2019
The game desperately needs creampies and more bestiality/monsters. I'm tired of dreamer scenes which I don't even touch and ignore. It's sad they have the most scenes too.
It is not me to decide which one is prioritized - most of the stuff added is dependent on the polls.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes