DarcWing55

Mar 30, 2021
So, Sydney makes a comment at one point about dressing you up like her and going out. Is that ever going to be a thing?

Dec 8, 2020
Did the game change with this update.. i seem to remember going to natasha's house to meet Eva or something and seeing her not through the text message, now I don't even get to see Eva in week 3. Or am i going crazy?

Edit: Yeah somethings definitely weird... I just started again to try and choose different options thinking i missed it.. and this time it completely skipped all the Hauser stuff as well as Eva stuff. Even after i had done the Hauser stuff the first time i played. Guess maybe i just re-download or something but still weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: LorikTheGreat

PandaLoverGames

A person who had nothing to "Family Affairs"
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2020
Did the game change with this update.. i seem to remember going to natasha's house to meet Eva or something and seeing her not through the text message, now I don't even get to see Eva in week 3. Or am i going crazy?

Edit: Yeah somethings definitely weird... I just started again to try and choose different options thinking i missed it.. and this time it completely skipped all the Hauser stuff as well as Eva stuff. Even after i had done the Hauser stuff the first time i played. Guess maybe i just re-download or something but still weird.
No, you're not crazy))) Just a couple of small bugs that are fixed in the latest version))

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
Downloaded the new "Fixed" version
but it keeps crashing

EDIT: found I had to delete the entire content of the folder before replacing it, for the game to start working
unfortunately it looks like I'll have to start a new game

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

PandaLoverGames

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2020
Downloaded the new "Fixed" version
but it keeps crashing

EDIT: found I had to delete the entire content of the folder before replacing it, for the game to start working
unfortunately it looks like I'll have to start a new game

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes, you have to start the game again.

Dec 8, 2020
Just incase anyone has the same problems as me with it skipping the Eva and Hauser scenes.. it seems to be the GoFile link because it works fine with the Mega link. :D <3

pfifi

Feb 7, 2021
If someone has issue loading save game from 'v0.105 fix2' to 'v0.106' add this line "size = None" after the line "maxsize = None" in file 'transform.py' in directory 'FamilyAffairWeek3-0.106-pc\renpy\display', which file you may open and edit with Notepad for example.

Reactions: Ammoman

PandaLoverGames

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2020
If someone has issue loading save game from 'v0.105 fix2' to 'v0.106' add this line "size = None" after the line "maxsize = None" in file 'transform.py' in directory 'FamilyAffairWeek3-0.106-pc\renpy\display', which file you may open and edit with Notepad for example.
Or just start a new game with Ctrl pressed

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Verified that this worked. Now the question becomes whether this will be necessary in future updates since we just hacked a renpy system source. Will save games from this release avoid the transform parameter problem or will you have to tweak the renpy you deliver from now on?

Or just start a new game with Ctrl pressed

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Also did you miss adding this in the previous update? Because it's blowing up now:

Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/StoryLines/0.105/0.105.rpy", line 407, in script
    if d15daychoicer[1] or d15daychoicer[2]:
  File "game/StoryLines/0.105/0.105.rpy", line 407, in <module>
    if d15daychoicer[1] or d15daychoicer[2]:
NameError: name 'd15daychoicer' is not defined

FamilyAffairWeek3-0.106-pc/game $ find . -name "*.rpy" -exec grep -iH "d15daychoicer" {} \;
./StoryLines/0.105/0.105.rpy:    $ d15daychoicer = {1 : True, 2 : True}
./StoryLines/0.105/0.105.rpy:        $ d15daychoicer[1] = False
./StoryLines/0.105/0.105.rpy:    if d15daychoicer[1] or d15daychoicer[2]:
./StoryLines/0.105/0.105.rpy:            "{color=#ffffff}Сходить к Еве{/color}" if d15daychoicer[1] and transcontent:
./StoryLines/0.105/0.105.rpy:                $ d15daychoicer[1] = False
./StoryLines/0.105/0.105.rpy:            "{color=#ffffff}Сходить к семейству Хаузер{/color}" if d15daychoicer[2]:
./StoryLines/0.105/0.105.rpy:                $ d15daychoicer[2] = False
How far back do we need to go with saves without having to cheese this in the console?

PandaLoverGames

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2020
Verified that this worked. Now the question becomes whether this will be necessary in future updates since we just hacked a renpy system source. Will save games from this release avoid the transform parameter problem or will you have to tweak the renpy you deliver from now on?
Now the game will be built only on this version of the engine, I think the problems in the future should not be. Just need to start over once and that's it

Reactions: MyNameIsWan
3.50 star(s) 111 Votes