Ren'Py Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes

Guru1987

Feb 13, 2018
Is there any need to start a new game by chance? Because if I load the save it ends here and no chapter 11 starts

Cattura.JPG

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Yeah ,, gamers need to read a couple a pages and wise up before gaming it seems.
Yes because update say 11B! So why you except to continue it from 10A? There is no any file for A route! I really "love" those peoples...
It work's fine. But it's a half update, so it's a different path in Chapter 9 choice.

1) ch9 -> choose "I'm in!" -> ch10a -> Same as version 10.0
2) ch9 -> choose "Fuck You!" -> ch10b -> ch11b

Newly updated gallery has bugs with incorrect scenes.
Is there any need to start a new game by chance? Because if I load the save it ends here and no chapter 11 starts

View attachment 1390438

Reactions: Shika102

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
here is my unofficial android port of Family, Friends And Strangers v11.0-path-b.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 05.09.2021 (v11.0-path-b)
The port is good, but the touch gestures leave a bit to be desired.

After hiding the quick menu by accident I actually had to reinstall the entire game to make it come back. I couldn't make the game menu or quick menu gesture work.

The 'game menu' gesture didn't work for me either as mentioned. If the command was changed to 'swipe up' it would be easier.

Thank you regardless. It worked well when I avoided the hide 'hide ui' gesture.

Last edited:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Latest version of the game ends at chapter 10a, like the previous one. How to unlock new chapters?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You have to select "Fuck No" in chapter 9. Literally the only choice in the game - I made a save point - and then went back to that and tried the other route.

randomguy26

Apr 23, 2018
I am wondering why path A didn't get updated though?
Dude. Please use common sense. It just means that one path was all he could cramp up with the time he had. And 11a is probably the one he focuses on in the next update.
Even tho i don't like the long time between updates. I really believe quality > faster update. Then again we can't complain much as free downloaders.

randomguy26

Apr 23, 2018
ok i will give it a shot
Also the OP mentions its a kinetic novel with no choices but reading a few post above there seems to be a path A and B.
Is the choice clear enough or is the path decided on some hidden and not so obvious choices?
The two branches are clear enough. You agree to work with the cops or you say fuck you to branch away from them.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I think initially I felt that way too, but think about it this way.

Parker told the cops to f-off and he was willing to suffer the consequences. Becky went off and had the photos taken despite the warnings from Carl. Carl, on the other hand, is no better as he should have not taken the photos to begin with. He would know Parker would not want Becky to do this and despite her insistences, he should have been the friend and said no and tried harder to convince her not to do it.

At the very least, they should have told Parker what was going on. Parker even said, they will make some excuse like the cops made them do it and he's right. They should not have done it. He is going to suffer the consequences and take what the cops are dealing and that was his decision. Having Becky do that totally negates the sacrifice he is making. He should not have even bothered.
To be fair, it's not just Parker. Carl is also pretty stupid by now. The fact that Becky, Carl and Parker did not concoct something together, blows my mind. They just had to start telling each other some shit.

Darting run

Jan 11, 2018
FYI, somebody tacked on the "Incest" tag early on because JohnCBB's Literotica story (on which this is based) had incest in it. There's been no serious incest in the story to date, which is why we removed the tag - don't want to "false advertise" for the folks that look for that. No guarantees on where we go in the future...
I love that. Some devs add tags for future content. Being future content means: it's not in the game.

MayJames

Aug 22, 2018
i like almost everthing about this game.
yes the visuals are ok , but not top.
yes the updates take quite some time.
but !
- i get it for free, so in my book i will and cant complain about updates or anything else.
- it has ntr and is unapologetic about it.... not all games can be the same guys, it would be boring. i love many genre as long as they are well made.
- and the most importand thing for me the way it is told it not always but at least sometimes create a loaded atmosphere.

Reactions: Kire4th

sphynks80

Dec 9, 2017
to be honest the story line of this game is still a bit obscure to me. There is undoubtedly a strong bond between mother and child but it is not clear where it leads. Trying to guess where this is headed, could it be that the two teaming up to get out of the trouble they are in develop a strong attraction that leads them to bed ...?

Reactions: Randeep44 and tan55

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
to be honest the story line of this game is still a bit obscure to me. There is undoubtedly a strong bond between mother and child but it is not clear where it leads. Trying to guess where this is headed, could it be that the two teaming up to get out of the trouble they are in develop a strong attraction that leads them to bed ...?
John wrote the original story and it was about mom and son incest via blackmail. But he's no longer calling the shots (so I've gathered) so who knows? Either way, I understand why Rich wouldn't want to give away such a major spoiler.
With that said, I would love to see your scenario play out. :)

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
is NTR optional?
and if not then the what is the content of NTR
No it's not optional, and it's pretty much the main theme of the game.

People being blackmailed, manipulated, forced into situations etc. is pretty par for the course in this game.

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes