Ren'Py - Family, Friends and Strangers [v2024.01] [JohnAndRich]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Draakaap23

[v7.0]
    Although not really a game, since there are no choices in this, what is here, is a well told story about black mail and corruption.
    This means the story, of course, relies heavily on well crafted/developed characters and in this story they are all their own person and personality.
    There is some sexy content and some minor animations and they all look good even though they are short scenes.
    If you want to click through a black mail/corruption story, this is for you. It has above average writing compared too most things on F95 (not that that is hard tbh) Lets just say it is quite good! And the visuals have only improved with every, although sporadic, release!

And people giving this lower scores because they don't like the kinks or lack of choices in this need to learn to read a description! To me that is the same logic as giving 'Schindlers list' a 1 out of 5 stars because it was in black and white.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

ThorMcBalbo

IT's been a while since i made one of my famous reviews so, here it is

for version [v7.0]

Art: 7/10 Nothing extraordinary, but it works.
    Standar daz with some old models & some good improvement of them (the gf looks stunning). But the thing that make me rate it above 6 are the animations, those are really well made & you can see that there is some work behind it, you really should play the game at least one only to see those.

Story: 8/10 I though the game would have taken a different path.
    You read the title & you will start to think " OH Dear God!, another copy paste of those game that i call, one dick to rule them all!" Those dull & insipid harem game in which there is only one dick & all the women in a 10 miles radius gets wet just to think about it, doesn't matter if the MC is a little retarded criminal (the mc here has a brain!), but back to the game... It has all possible clichè immaginable, cute naive GF, pervert friend, slutty mom, evil sexy slutty girl, villan dilf, retarded biggus dickus jock etc etc... But the story is well written, not too slow not too fast, it is inted that anybody can fuck with everybody so you will keep hanging hoping that that scene will come, but it need more NTR, A LOT MORE NTR!! LOL

overall 7/10: The good: animations & story, the bad: art ( a little outdated) the ugly: realeased once every blue moon or as we say here in Italy once every pope death.

Panda of approval!

P.s. MORE NTR! :p
  3. 5.00 star(s)

DonoDaCasa

The graphics are very good, if you want reality the story is a little weak but in my opinion it is good because it is different. I'm tired of always seeing the same script "lucky guy who fucks everyone". Here the author tries to create a romance and a strong bond between the characters and then destroys everything with the corrupt policeman, this is interesting. I am particularly hot with sad stories that are not always happy.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

libertypics

If you're cool that it's less a game and more a way to use the Ren'Py engine (and use it well) to make an adult graphic comic play out, you're going to like it.

It's a story with renders and it does that well. The scenes are hot, especially the milf when she's arrested and at the station. The renders aren't great but they're good and their's some diversity in body type, characters redhead cheerleader girlfriend is skinny and tight and the mom is dark haired and thic in all the right ways. Not the best game out there but it's good and it knows what it is, a story to fap to, and it does that.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Thenutcracker222

Very well done game, the graphics are clearly rendered on low end hardware but the person/people who make it clearly have skill and use the hardware to its fullest extent, the characters are well fleshed out and the story feels real. 10/10
  6. 2.00 star(s)

fantom2u

The kinks are good, and the renders are decent, but the story is so contrived and thus predictable that it is almost laughable, if not so dark. I'm sure some folks will enjoy the story even if it is stupid ( a history teacher in the US should know their rights like getting a lawyer, search and seizure, etc.)... I mean if the story was based in a fictional land maybe belief could be suspended, but it is set in the US ( references to Ivy League Schools, and Amherst). Cops can be corrupt and bullying, but this is ridiculous. Or make the target less educated than a teacher... Anyway, a Kinetic Novel should be better written in my opinion, the only reason I give it two stars - the scenes are hot; just ignore the story.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Dirthead

Really good so far, looking forward to future updates! Writing is done well. The corruption is a bit far fetched, but as a whole games is definitely 5 Stars! I love the looks of the female characters, and glad to see the mom left some hair downstairs.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

KKona

One of the best in my opinion, a great, drama filled story. Not for people looking for a lighthearted story, this can be dark at times, and I love it. My only complaint (if you can call it that) is the long period of time between updates, but I'll take quality over quantity any day. Rushing never yields good results as many other games have shown. Probably one of my favorites.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

yihman1

This review is based on Chapters 1,2,3,4 and 5. I'm typically not a fan of Kinetic Novels not really my thing I like to have choices. That being said I gave it a shot anyways. The character development is nicely done, and characters are believable. The renders and animations were of good quality as well. The pacing is not too slow, nor too fast. Good pacing. I look forward to playing it again when additional content is released.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Darkmetal

Reviewed Version: C1-4 (Windows)

Whether you will enjoy this game or not will depend entirely on the specific fetish this game was designed to cater to.

Fetish emphasis: Voyeur NTR and Public Display (details further below)

On a technical level - renders, model design, chapter structure, lack of any bugs - this game is fine. Not the best, but far from being the worst. The story, however, is structured in an unbelievable way to cater to the kink, so if you don't care for the fetish one way or the other (and to keep my own bias out it) this game is around 3/5 stars.

If you hate the fetish this is a 0/5 as there is nothing but that plus groundwork for more of the same to come in the game thus far.

OTOH, if this is your thing, this game is likely to be a 5/5.

There are two major scenes thus far:

- A public molestation told from the viewpoint of the victim's watching son (MC) but with hundreds of other witnesses - and continued later at another location with MC and his "friend" as witness.

- A BJ involving 2 characters only but kinda narrated directly on a meta level to the player-voyeur.

Further, it is my impression that the game is likely to revolve around the titular "Family & Friends" getting abused by "Strangers." e.g. There are hints that somewhere down the line the MC's GF is going to get set-up by the head cheerleader to be abused by the football team. There is also forshadowing that the "friend" is going to exploit his info to "use" the MC's Mom too (which, incidentally, is also a JAV NTR sub-genre).

If what I described above is your thing, then go for it. If not, avoid.

Personally, I think this game would have been interesting to play if it had made the corrupt cop the MC, ever seeking to find more targets while trying to avoid exposure on the other. Would have at least forced the activities on the down low and avoid ridiculous contrivances like molesting a respected teacher in front of hundreds (of phone toting) students and half the faculty and not having anyone post a video or place a call to the Feds or IA right then and there as it was ongoing - doesn't matter how strong the cops' hold on the town is.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Hitman955

My rating after 4 chapters is 5 stars:

Good things:
    - Awesome renders
    - Great Animations
    - Interesting and great story
    - Well written
    - Facial expressions for the mother and other characters are superb
    - Many different genres

"Bad things":
    - Only bad thing is that this is a kinetic novel and not a game but i don't care too much about this because i like everything else and sometimes well written novel is much better than game.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating for Ch. 1-4 is:

Pros:
    + Nice Renders
    + Nice Story
    +Story in Chapters

Cons:
    -loses grip on reality

Conclusion:
    Like the Renders,they are Great,the Story is Interesting...
    The only thing that bothers me is that the story goes a little into fairy tales... When the Cops checked out the mother in front of the school and all the kids are watching while mom is having her tits fondled is a little on the wild side,or would that happen in reality?,damn the cops would be busted and locked up for years,otherwise everything is nice.
    but Dev...Please keep it Real....
    ----Still well worth the download----
  13. 4.00 star(s)

and 172 others

Very good graphics and a really exciting story so far. episodes 1-3. Really liking the Cops aspect of the story. They said its not a game, just a story but still very solid in my book. Im trying to figure out if we are going to watch everyone take advantage of this mom or watch the kid get messed up from it and start banging every other girl in the story...
  14. 1.00 star(s)

exxxe

When i see a Kinetic Visual Novel i expect a good thrilling story that is enjoyable

seeing this is an NTR game even made me happier as it is a kinetic novel so there is no way to avoid it

But then.... i played the game

- Unrealistic story that has no dynamic or character depth

- NO NTR the main scene involved is a forced blowjob bordering rape and there was no build up or excitement and even the MC does not get to see it in when it mattered ( NTR is different from rape like come on )

- lack of choices was fine with me but why build a game if all I'm gonna see is nothing but stupid characters and even stupider NTR situations like seriously

EVERY cop is corrupt and wants to fuck Really ?? is that the amazing story that we should be excited about so much that we even ignore lack of choices ?? if it is an apocalypse game i would say fine but it is a high school centered game wtf

the dev justification of what is going on as ( everyone is corrupt and there is no one resisting it as the cops rule ) is nothing but a proof the dev is really putting no effort in delivering an engaging, realistic story that pulls you in to see what happens next

and since it is a kinetic novel the story should be the strongest point unfortunately it was the weakest and dumpiest

- Renders are OK
    - sex so far NON-existent even tho it is Ch 4
    the rape is actually nothing but a forced BJ
    - when you build a world and neglect the effect of the NPC's in it ( like everyone took videos and pictures yet there was no consequence ) and the game is kinetic so you only depend on what NPC's are doing you do know you screwed up
    yea this game is going nowhere anytime soon
  15. 3.00 star(s)

fmanaway

I'm sort of torn on this one. As a visual novel it's pretty good. The animations aren't bad and it has a decent storyline. However the fact that you can't control your character or change the story is a big drawback for me. I really wish this game had the option to save your mother from abuse or things like that. So if you're looking for gameplay it's literally just reading text and pressing space.

TL;DR: Meh.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

VincentBlack

Chapter 3 Release

What a great start to a game. This has to be the best start to a new game I have seen in a while. A solid blackmail, none consent storyline. If you find that offensive then you shouldn't download.

PROs
    1. Well written.
    2. Realistic characters and clear motivations
    3. Interesting setup and story
    4. Solid renders,
    5. Excellent facial expressions for the mother character. Melissa's expressions in chapter 3 really sell the story.

CONs
    1. I am not a big fan of styling on the dialogue panels. I prefer a more minimalist design without character portraits.

This game has some serioues potential. Definitely worth checking out.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

XaGnard

After a good first chapter the the developers screwed up the story. Now, there is not a single character that acts realistic. Its all just a pure abuse fantasy without any value or real content.

The quality of the renderings is not good either. Once again, someone who found two or three good charater models somewhere, but doesn't have the skill to make something out of it.

In addition there is a permanent reference to the possibility to donate to the developers, while the whole game is just a annoyance. Really pity that after a good first chapter noting remains but only a big disappointment. Sure, there's worse, but this title doesn't deserve more than two points.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

kaizersoze27

Awesome! just Awesome!!! Truly a fantastic NTR based game. Whoever you are, I love youfor this <3 <3 <3

Having said that, this is a strong NTR game, those reading this review should know this. You will probably Love or Hate this game, rarely anything in between.

For NTR lovers like me, this is goldmine.
    Besides this, the story and graphics are topnotch.
    Looking forward to great updates in future <3 <3 <3
  19. 2.00 star(s)

gralthan

Oh yeah, always love me some dumb ridiculous story with a little bit of rape sprinkled all over it. Masterpiece right here.
    And as someone have already mentioned, not really a game, more of a slideshow really.
    Renders are okay though.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

John64

Don't understand why such high ratings. An ordinary generic story with police molesting a woman with mediocre renders (not bad, not top either). "Good story"?? Yeah, lol. Good story my ass. "Police detained a woman. And searched her. Hard." End of story. So far. Original and unexpected. Plus it's not a "game", but just a kinetic novel - i.e. book with pictures. So, not a bad thing in general, but far from the top projects out there.