Unity Family Guy Series of Unfortunate Events [v0.0.3 Alpha] [Crooked Mind Games]

1.60 star(s) 5 Votes

ILW

Game Developer
May 26, 2017
Not only is he using the name, setting and the characters, visually it's imperceptible from the TV-series. It's so good that you could probably send screenshots of it to Kotaku and they'd think it's the official Family Guy game which means it has the potential to cause tangible damage to the image of the series and just the possibility of that will come with lawyery hellfire unseen by any coomer ever before.
Only thing that could save the dev from being doomed to an oubliette is if he renames the game, swaps the family being followed to some other before unseen family (like a spinoff) and prays to all the deities every night.
From what I see, it looks like he didn't make any art for the background. He just straight up took it from the actual IP. Also using the name of the show is a big no no. Stealing assets & thinking it is okay to do it is also a big no no. You should make your own art.

Rando Civ

LMFAO.
Game Developer
Jul 31, 2017
I fucking love the fact that Meg is the MC. Makes a shitload of sense.
Can't wait to play this!

Reactions: affen123
Jan 23, 2019
From what I see, it looks like he didn't make any art for the background. He just straight up took it from the actual IP. Also using the name of the show is a big no no. Stealing assets & thinking it is okay to do it is also a big no no. You should make your own art.
I have not finished illustrating my own backgrounds this release is a proof of concept release. Next release will include all self illustrated backgrounds to eliminate any copyright issues.

Reactions: sparton297

sparton297

Oct 24, 2017
I downloaded and played it with no problem. Don't know what AV you guys are using, but if they're along the lines of Avast or Norton then you're just asking for everything to be a Trojan.

Jan 30, 2019
I see a lot of people complaining about the mc being meg. How about if we can choose the mc from the characters instead. The development will take longer, but that way everyone is happy.

totes19999

Jul 11, 2020
Meg is that cute kind of chubby. gonna follow but at the moment this is very very basic. but it is .0.1 so fair

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
I see a lot of people complaining about the mc being meg. How about if we can choose the mc from the characters instead. The development will take longer, but that way everyone is happy.
And write a story for each of them? That would go nowhere and believe me none will be happy because your character will only have a fraction of the scenes.

Of course I'm completely bias on what I usually suggest since I like incest:p, but no other character would get more incest relationship than Chris. If you play as Peter, Lois is your wife so right there is a huge blow where as Chris she's his freaking mom, with Quagmire is a lot worse since he is not related to the family.

Jan 23, 2019
And write a story for each of them? That would go nowhere and believe me none will be happy because your character will only have a fraction of the scenes.

Of course I'm completely bias on what I usually suggest since I like incest:p, but no other character would get more incest relationship than Chris. If you play as Peter, Lois is your wife so right there is a huge blow where as Chris she's his freaking mom, with Quagmire is a lot worse since he is not related to the family.
No worries the way I'm developing this and handling animation theoretically once I have all of a characters hand poses and other bodypart poses it should be relatively easy to make an animation will also be having open work allowing the community to help animate scenes using assets I provide as well as fair compensation for the work.

jasonqsmith

Jun 14, 2017
I'm going to toss this out there for the Dev.

As long as you plan on some Chris + Lois, Meg + Peter, 3 ways, and 4 ways this game will do great.

On a side note watch the Intellectual Property violations here. All it takes is a report from the wrong person or enough people to get your page under review or terminated on Patreon.

I would recommend removing anything that's easy to reverse google image search an exact copy of any asses copyrighted elsewhere. Probably gonna need a name change to something parody-ish too :/

Other then that I'm looking forward to see how you polish out the controls and the quality of the animated scenes.

1.60 star(s) 5 Votes