Mod QSP Completed Family Life: Spectre1viper Mod version 26

5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

HB38

Oct 3, 2017
Windows movie maker supported formats are avi and wmv. Probably encodes those mp4 files as wmv for editting.

Any Video Converter has also editing features such as Trim video clips, crop video, rotate video, join videos into one. Adding subtitles, audio tracks, watermark, special effects etc.

You can give it a try.

This - any sort of file conversion tool after you're done (Handbrake is free and amazing) should help a lot here.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
Windows movie maker supported formats are avi and wmv. Probably encodes those mp4 files as wmv for editting.

Any Video Converter has also editing features such as Trim video clips, crop video, rotate video, join videos into one. Adding subtitles, audio tracks, watermark, special effects etc.

You can give it a try.
Thank you for all the tips and information! It looks like a high bitrate is one of the largest factors in file size. I don't see any options in Movie Maker to adjust this so I'll probably either switch to different video editing software or use Any Video Converter as you suggested to make them smaller.

Eventually, I may do this to all the videos but for now at least, I'm still working hard on version 14 of the mod. :)

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
Version 14 of the mod is coming together nicely. I'm hoping to release it this Wednesday. There will be two new paths to follow, one for Foxy, and one for Pedro which involves a new character I added to the game (they don't have a home that you can visit though).

There is quite a bit of storytelling between the two paths. I know some players don't like to read but it will help develop the characters in the game more fully and help you understand what is going on. I just finished coding the longest single event in the game. It was fun but I'm glad to be done with it. There should be a surprise plot twist at the end of one of the paths.

I reduced the size of the videos for version 14 so there will be less to download. There were going to be three new parts and now it has been reduced to two at the most.

The reason version 14 is taking a bit longer than normal is because it contains triple the amount of new content of a standard release. I don't plan on doing this again anytime soon because it wore me out. All my free time lately has been on this mod. As long as players enjoy it the time will have been well spent.

Kara Zor-El

Engaged Member
Oct 3, 2017
I reduced the size of the videos for version 14 so there will be less to download. There were going to be three new parts and now it has been reduced to two at the most.
Did you reduce the size for all videos or just the new videos related your 2 new path?
Not easy job to reduce for all.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
Did you reduce the size for all videos or just the new videos related your 2 new path?
Not easy job to reduce for all.
Just the videos for version 14. I don't have time to convert all of them right now or version 14 will be delayed. I want to get version 14 out so players can experience the new content.

Version 14 is my test to see if players like my new paths and storytelling. In the past, I've just added standalone content that compliments and goes along with the existing story. Version 14 is my first attempt at adding new paths to the game. Most of my content will continue to be standalone content that adds to what is already there.

Reactions: Kara Zor-El

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
Version 14

• Made some adjustments to Foxy’s sex events triggering frequency and requirements added in version 13
  • Achievement progress and pics added for the following events: Johnny, beach models, Foxy’s sex events, Foxy’s group sex events, Foxy’s new path, Pedro’s new path
  • Added a new path for Foxy. I’m calling it the Foxy “nymphomaniac” path. It does not interfere with any other path. You have to be at least 90% of the way through Foxy’s path in order to start her new one added by this mod. You also have to have completed Laura’s path. I wrote the path so that it should be fairly straightforward and not require a walkthrough in order to complete it. There are several events that won’t trigger unless a certain amount of time goes by. It usually ranges from two days up to seven days. This was done for realism. If you think you may be stuck and have tried everything, try advancing the time several days, up to a week if needed. Lots of new events were created for this path.
  • Added a new path for Pedro. I’m calling this path the Pedro “Fuck Toy” path. I added a new character to the game which is what the path and story are built off of. Completing Foxy’s new path is a requirement to start this new path. Lots of new events were created. There should be an interesting plot twist towards the end. Lots of good storytelling in both paths.
Downloads updated in the opening post.

This version is roughly three times as large as a regular version. I hope you enjoy the new content! I will be taking a short break from adding new content for a week or two. I need some rest. Lots of long hours and work went into this release. Let me know if you find any bugs.

If you are unable to start Foxy's new path then you either haven't gone far enough in Foxy's path from the original author or haven't completed Laura's path. It is best to fully complete Foxy's and Laura's path before attempting this one.

There were a few things I had to leave out due to time that I will probably add in future releases. The paths are not set in stone by any means and may be improved on over time.

Approximately six videos added in this version are low quality. If you happen to have a high quality version of the same video clip I would be very interested in getting it. I had to include some low quality videos because they were the only ones that contained the content that I needed for the mod. It is pretty obvious which video clips are low quality as they are somewhat blurry and without detail.

#NomeD

Apr 30, 2017
if im starting from a unmodded game which ones do i need to download from the op post
Note: If you have already downloaded Parts 2 - 6 you do not need to download them again. Parts 2 - 6 shouldn't change. If you have never downloaded this mod before then you need to download all eight parts. Ignore the version numbers on Parts 2 - 6, you need all eight parts for the mod to work correctly. The version number listed for Part 1 will reflect the latest version of the mod and is the only version number you should care about in the downloads section.

All the info you need is on the OP.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
Tips for the two new paths added in version 14:

• Some events only occur during weekdays
  • Some events only occur on the weekend
  • Most events trigger somewhere in your home, and often in Foxy's room for her new path
  • Try exploring the different rooms of your home at different times of the day
  • Some time has to pass for the next stage of a few events to trigger. This should be fairly obvious for the majority of these types of events. With some events you are told a specific day that it will be occurring (pay attention)
  • Some events require a certain relationship score, so if your relationship score drops below a certain level you may not be able to progress further in the story
  • Don't overuse the cheat menu. You need to sleep at least two days a week in order for some events to trigger. A couple events trigger during sleep
  • Read all the text and dialog! This is important! You may miss critical information if you don't and just fast click through the dialog. Neither of these paths work well for fast clickers who ignore the dialog
  • If you follow all of the above suggestions you should be able to complete both paths without having to revert to a walkthrough. I specifically wrote these two paths so they would be intuitive and player friendly

Kara Zor-El

Engaged Member
Oct 3, 2017
Tips for the two new paths added in version 14:

• Some events only occur during weekdays
  • Some events only occur on the weekend
  • Most events trigger somewhere in your home, and often in Foxy's room for her new path
  • Try exploring the different rooms of your home at different times of the day
  • Some time has to pass for the next stage of a few events to trigger. This should be fairly obvious for the majority of these types of events. With some events you are told a specific day that it will be occurring (pay attention)
  • Some events require a certain relationship score, so if your relationship score drops below a certain level you may not be able to progress further in the story
  • Don't overuse the cheat menu. You need to sleep at least two days a week in order for some events to trigger. A couple events trigger during sleep
  • Read all the text and dialog! This is important! You may miss critical information if you don't and just fast click through the dialog. Neither of these paths work well for fast clickers who ignore the dialog
  • If you follow all of the above suggestions you should be able to complete both paths without having to revert to a walkthrough. I specifically wrote these two paths so they would be intuitive and player friendly
"Foxy is your number one fan" is your achievement?

I could find two FFMM (weekend) scene at lounge till now.
Foxy scolded me cause Maya. :p should i apologize? (saved game here just in case)
if i don't apologize, lowers Foxy love point to 200. Trying her path choosing "apologize sincerely".

Kara Zor-El

Engaged Member
Oct 3, 2017
Tamara path is awesome. Maybe you should do your own games.

There is a mini bug i guess. I just finished Tamara Phone sex events but i can see also "Tamara`s party event" picture in achievements. The one says "Congratulations! You've completed Tamara's Bachelorette Party Event!"

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
"Foxy is your number one fan" is your achievement?

I could find two FFMM (weekend) scene at lounge till now.
Foxy scolded me cause Maya. :p should i apologize? (saved game here just in case)
if i don't apologize, lowers Foxy love point to 200. Trying her path choosing "apologize sincerely".
The two new achievements for Foxy are for completing all of her new sex events with Pedro (added in version 13) and the other is for completing all of her group sex events with Pedro (Foxy's new path added in version 14).

Yes, you have to apologize to Foxy about being too rough with Maya. You see, part of the struggle with Pedro in the two new paths is with his sex addiction. He gets carried away and loses rational thinking sometimes. Pedro's sex addiction eventually catches up with him.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
Tamara path is awesome. Maybe you should do your own games.

There is a mini bug i guess. I just finished Tamara Phone sex events but i can see also "Tamara`s party event" picture in achievements. The one says "Congratulations! You've completed Tamara's Bachelorette Party Event!"
I'm glad you liked Tamara's new path! That is the path I spent the most time on. I wanted to make it different and special since it was all my own with a new character I introduced named Tamara. I did fit in a few of your content requests in Tamara's path. I hope the ending event in the city was a surprise.

I had tons of things I wanted to do in Tamara's path but had to drop a few of the least important ones. I also had to put in a minimal amount of text in some of the party sex events due to time. The events that were important to the story I finished. I was actually up for 48 hours straight before releasing version 14 trying to finish it. I try to make it a point of releasing new versions on time.

Thanks to your help with the video size issue, players only had to download 2 new files instead of 5! Lowering the bitrate of the videos reduces their file size substantially with only a barely noticeable reduction in visual quality.

Thank you for the bug report! Fixed in the next release.

Kara Zor-El

Engaged Member
Oct 3, 2017
Thanks to your help with the video size issue, players only had to download 2 new files instead of 5! Lowering the bitrate of the videos reduces their file size substantially with only a barely noticeable reduction in visual quality.
I didn`t suggest lowering bitrate tho. I suggested HEVC/h265 also for not to lower quality. For 720p videos 2000-2500 bitrate good enough for mp4 h265.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
I didn`t suggest lowering bitrate tho. I suggested HEVC/h265 also for not to lower quality. For 720p videos 2000-2500 bitrate good enough for mp4 h265.
I know. Most of your video conversion examples were done with a 2000-2500 bitrate. All of my videos were done with a bitrate of 8000. So your suggestions indirectly pointed me to the answer. Lowering the bitrate reduced the file size much more than going from h264 to h265. I didn't lower the bitrate below 2000 on any of the videos.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
@ - I was hoping that you would enjoy the ending! You may want to update your post with spoiler tags for those who haven't gotten that far yet (if you know how to use spoiler tags).

The second bug I coded that way for now at least. I crashed the game on purpose. I'll probably change that to a more graceful exit at some point.

Thank you for your feedback and support! :)

ZeroKing21

Aug 23, 2017
I have recently & accidentally deleted both my original and (your) modded version of this game. Since I'm starting from scratch- Am I to download All 8 parts, certain parts or what?? Please, help me out when you can and thank you very much.

Deleted member 23006

May 3, 2017
I have recently & accidentally deleted both my original and (your) modded version of this game. Since I'm starting from scratch- Am I to download All 8 parts, certain parts or what?? Please, help me out when you can and thank you very much.
You need to download the main game and then all the parts.

Reactions: ZeroKing21
5.00 star(s) 9 Votes