2.70 star(s) 11 Votes

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
spectre1viper Mod Version 23 has been released

• Updated the mod with the latest version of the game - Family Life 1.8.5

I believe this is the last version of this game from the original author (could be wrong, don't quote me on it)

Players will need to download the new version of the original game on the opening post (on my mod page) and then install all the parts of my mod (7 currently).

I currently don't have any plans on adding new content, however I wanted to update my mod to the latest and possibly last version of Family Life.

I had to merge in a lot of code to update my mod since I've been away and haven't updated for several versions. I believe everything works but I haven't tested it fully (takes weeks).

The Mega links have been removed since the person hosting them is no longer doing so. I don't have a paid Mega account to host them, sorry. Currently, Google Drive is the only download option. Downloading from Google Drive should work for 99.9% of players. They are also high speed downloads. A Google or Gmail account is not required to download. I will not be adding more download options (so don't ask).

There is a walkthrough folder included with Part 1 of the mod that will help players get started with the game. Except for the two new paths that I added, the walkthroughs are badly outdated and only cover about 60% of the current game content.

Make sure you download and install the latest version of the original game (currently 1.8.5) before installing my mod (7 parts). All the download links are on the opening post of my mod page.

Enjoy!

LordDair

Dec 31, 2017

I believe this is the last version of this game from the original author (could be wrong, don't quote me on it)

Players will need to download the new version of the original game on the opening post (on my mod page) and then install all the parts of my mod (7 currently).

I currently don't have any plans on adding new content, however I wanted to update my mod to the latest and possibly last version of Family Life.

I had to merge in a lot of code to update my mod since I've been away and haven't updated for several versions. I believe everything works but I haven't tested it fully (takes weeks).

The Mega links have been removed since the person hosting them is no longer doing so. I don't have a paid Mega account to host them, sorry. Currently, Google Drive is the only download option. Downloading from Google Drive should work for 99.9% of players. They are also high speed downloads. A Google or Gmail account is not required to download. I will not be adding more download options (so don't ask).

There is a walkthrough folder included with Part 1 of the mod that will help players get started with the game. Except for the two new paths that I added, the walkthroughs are badly outdated and only cover about 60% of the current game content.

Make sure you download and install the latest version of the original game (currently 1.8.5) before installing my mod (7 parts). All the download links are on the opening post of my mod page.

Enjoy!
would love to be able to download the mod to play 1.8.5 how ever we only have 1.6.5 on here.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
would love to be able to download the mod to play 1.8.5 how ever we only have 1.6.5 on here.
Read my post again. I tell you where to get the new version, on my mod page.
I think it's a typo? @spectre1viper Right? AfaIk latest version is 1.7.5 and I haven't seen that version translated yet.
I believe 1.8.5 is the latest version. I got it from a player who has been supplying me with the latest versions of the game for my mod. I doubt he would have purposely changed the version number manually on the download he gave me.

The way to tell is the download size of the file. Version 1.8.5 that he gave me is 7.7 GB. I took the file and re-compressed it with 7zip and shrunk it down to 7.5 GB and uploaded it to my Google Drive. The download link is on my mod page. Another player gave me Version 1.7.5 and it was 5.5 GB so I don't believe 1.7.5 is the latest version as you suggest.

ZeroKing21

Aug 23, 2017
On the mod by @spectre1viper, he has a link to the 1.8.5 version of the game. It's through google and 7.2 GB. So unless he splits it into parts as well or puts it on the other link sites like workupload I wish you Good Luck!

Jack-O

Oct 20, 2016
On the mod by @spectre1viper, he has a link to the 1.8.5 version of the game. It's through google and 7.2 GB. So unless he splits it into parts as well or puts it on the other link sites like workupload I wish you Good Luck!
Already done and playing, with his mod. Gotta love optical fiber connection! :FuckYea:

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
I've never played this game before. Any indications that v. 1.8.5 is any less buggy than previous versions?

Jack-O

Oct 20, 2016
I wait for a modded version.
It was posted on the very same page you asked! :rolleyes:

Enjoy!
And don't forget to READ mod's install instructions!!!

2.70 star(s) 11 Votes