3.50 star(s) 68 Votes

BizeBire

Oct 23, 2017
OK, finished whatever there is available right now.

First things first - issues: the gym segment is probably the most ridiculously annoying pieces of "gameplay" I have ever encountered. There's a very small group of players, who might actually know what the equipment on the screen does, so they might have an easier time with that part. For the 99% of people playing the game, the whole thing will be just swiping the mouse around the screen until some random element gets highlighted.

What's worse is that it doesn't serve any purpose gameplay-wise. What's the point of it? Is it supposed to be an erotic VN or "Find Waldo" type of thing? If the latter, please get the mods to add an appropriate tag.

There's also the issue of "stutters" throughout the game. Every now and then, seemingly at random, left clicking won't advance the text or won't switch to the next screen. It's annoying. I also don't get why the constant ".." and "..." and why a single text-box needs to be clicked three-four times for us to get the whole text out. Punctuation definitely needs improvement and getting rid of the unnecessary clicking will also make the whole experience less tedious.

I mean, I get what you're probably trying to achieve here, but these things are NOT how you extend gameplay. Same goes to animations or "important scenes", if you ever want to include those - don't block people from skipping content if they want to, let people play at their own pace and just make the story compelling enough to read so that they won't want to.

As for the story itself - it's a bit rough around the edges. The whole meeting of "flatmate" and the MC is super awkward. I mean... They haven't seen each-other for five years and he goes "here's your room, gotta lift, kthxbye". The suspense at the end also makes Vicky look a little bit slow on the brain. "Do you really want to know"? Well, yes, she asked exactly that, so she does want to know.

I also just noticed that you're forcing the music volume to 50% on every restart of the game. Please stop. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants his erotic games just shut up and sit quiet.

Now, the good bits - I really like the intro, where you explain things and let us name some characters. Even though it's Ren'Py and probably everybody playing the game will know about how the engine behaves, it's a nice touch. The naming part, however, could do a little bit more tweaking, some more background about the character we're naming would be nice.

The renders are really, really good. Could use a bit more light, but otherwise the models, textures and overall quality is spot on.

I'll keep an eye out on this project, but so far it's a solid 2/5.

Reactions: filochard

Maestro91

Aug 2, 2017
Game freezes when I try to help the neighbor-lady instead of walking away.
Anyone else have this problem? And is there a fix?

Edit: Wow... Okay, apparantly I have to actually click them to pick them up in...
(I really should try to read the whole thread before asking):coldsweat:

rogosh

Jan 29, 2018
Update did not seem to add anything...ends with vicky meeting roomate(sis).

JR_001

Jul 1, 2017
Got no time to play this one. I'm too busy waiting for Lovely Guests to be completed... :oops:

NathanD7

Jun 30, 2018
Add more content please, took me about 15min to complete both episodes, which is very little compared to some other games with 2 episodes. Work on episode 3 as long as you like take your time, as long as we get a full episode I'm happy.

AGoodDay2Die

Feb 9, 2018
As others have mentioned, the whole thing of multiple clicks to advance a single line of dialogue - or to get past a black screen - is incredibly annoying. I've only done the hooker scene at the very beginning and I am close to sending this game into the digital afterlife.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
They really need to add "Broken English and Horribly Broken English" tags as this game suffers from broken English. It really throws you off when you read stuff like "My plans slightly have changed" and "Better not to make them wait".

Add that to what others have said with the multiple clicks, and I just can't get past the first scene. Which is a shame because the CG's are top notch.

3.50 star(s) 68 Votes