VN Ren'Py Abandoned Family Matters Remastered [v0.2] [Pingpanda]

2.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Am I blind or have no "load" button in the save menu?
Have to close game just to load a save file as all you can do is save or delete save.
Press ESC - it the same with his DD. ^^

I think it his own fault when ppl get confused and imho he should focus on one game and put the other one on hold. He says that time management is (still) a problem, so I cant see the benefit of 2 games. Just deliver 1 game with good update and a nice amount of content ... not that difficult. His idea of "mini-updates" is even worse. No one enjoys these small junks of 5-10min updates.

But all you time, sweat and skill in one game at a time - when you can handle that with ease, you might be in the position to have 2 projects at the same time - but not a single second earlier than that.

And - he doesnt even have the time or skill to proofread and check his game ... and no "you was" is not correct ^^

Edit: That sounds a bit to harsh - the game is fine, like DD, but I will just ignore this and wait for maybe a 0.5 ... or so ... :)

Bluballz

Jun 10, 2018
I'm just gonna wait until this remake is remastered or until someone rehashes the same story line again maybe with different characters .. The renders look pretty good but I'm still gonna wait until the nest remake

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Okay, I liked the original and so far I like this remake, but some things just plain sock now.

The menu. You can't load a game or return to the main screen. you can't choose preferences like fe. skipping unseen content or not.
That sucks. The only way to reload a save and try a different route is by closing the game completely? That's worse than even RGPmaker games are.
The spelling is horrile, absolutely horrible. I don't mind a few mistakes here and there, but there's barely a sentence without one or two.

What's it with those stupid boxes you have to click, telling me how much time has passed in minutes?
Those feel unnecessary and you can't even just use spacebar or whatever to remove them, absolutely inconvenient.

Also, allow rollback.

This might sound terrible, but that's not the case. Like I wrote, I like it, but if you worked on the shit I've mentioned, this could become quite good quite fast.

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
Aah a repeat of a repeat of a repeat of a repeat
yeah, I didn't read through before posting... definitely redundant... but I feel it's much like the question "how much content" and the ever popular "first post" post lol

D

Deleted member 1050319

yeah, I didn't read through before posting... definitely redundant... but I feel it's much like the question "how much content" and the ever popular "first post" post lol
Pretty much the same as Family maters 3a but not bad for a first release and Ping has promised regular updates

Reactions: DavidTurner

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
The menu. You can't load a game or return to the main screen. you can't choose preferences like fe. skipping unseen content or not.
That sucks. The only way to reload a save and try a different route is by closing the game completely? That's worse than even RGPmaker games are.

Also, allow rollback.
Press "Esc" to see "load". I learned to do that in this dev's games from Deviant Desires i think.
And rollback is working for me.
I sorta agree with spelling, but it's not nearly as terrible or annoying as you and some others claim, and i have some pretty big experience in dealing with this.
But those "time passed" and "x gained" is kinda annoying, yeah. I also think they just shouldn't be clickable.

Overall i think the renders are better than in previous games (at least a little), and this demo is a bit longer than when original started.
Content pretty much the same. Models are a bit different, and i'm not sure if i like the aunt just yet. She's milfy enough and beautiful, but still. I kinda used to her being pretty much mom's twin. Also, just going to say that i much prefer visual novel style before "sandbox", so i liked FM more than DD and will follow this remake for sure.

mariaeliza

May 17, 2017
I just want to say 1 thing...

THIS IS THE LAST REMAKE!

So you can all stop your snarky little comments about it.

I'll sooner quit the game all together than do another remake.

So stop, it's over, it's done, you can go home now.

Unless you make a remake of this post too XD

ps:From family masters remastered would be easier just to call remastered matters.

Reactions: botc76

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
Go back to patron and smear honey on their faces, thats what u do best.

Edit: i probably get a warning again, sry mods ;)
I appreciate your input but my patrons support me for a reason, as you have said I have have 80ish patrons that support me for the game that I have shown so far, after weighing up the pros and cons for DD I did a poll for my patrons and they voted for the remake ( FMR ).

This remake is simply down to my patrons decision and I have gone with there wishes.

I understand it won't be to everyone's taste but as long as my patrons are happy, I'm happy.

Reactions: MG_ and botc76

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
I appreciate your input but my patrons support me for a reason, as you have said I have have 80ish patrons that support me for the game that I have shown so far, after weighing up the pros and cons for DD I did a poll for my patrons and they voted for the remake ( FMR ).

This remake is simply down to my patrons decision and I have gone with there wishes.

I understand it won't be to everyone's taste but as long as my patrons are happy, I'm happy.
Its not that i hate ur game...
Im just pissed, yes im a fuckin pirate, and i dont have any right to complain , but i still do.

Dont you want to go further with your game?

Get more "story" in it and get a v3 v4 out?

Edit: i realy think i should stop coming online after a few beers ...fml :)

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
Its not that i hate ur game...
Im just pissed, yes im a fuckin pirate, and i dont have any right to complain , but i still do.

Dont you want to go further with your game?

Get more "story" in it and get a v3 v4 out?
You're right, the game is something I'm very focused on hence the original remake, I wanted to get it right and felt at the time a change of concept for the game was the right move of which I still agree, however DD can no longer be classed as a remake of FM because the story and characters have changed so much.

However I do want to listen to my patreons, so due to considering their views and my own, I believe remaking the first game in the best way I can is a much better place to then start the franchise.

Which is why there will be no more remakes of any kind, this is it, so buckle in!

Reactions: ju1zzed

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
You're right, the game is something I'm very focused on hence the original remake, I wanted to get it right and felt at the time a change of concept for the game was the right move of which I still agree, however DD can no longer be classed as a remake of FM because the story and characters have changed so much.

However I do want to listen to my patreons, so due to considering their views and my own, I believe remaking the first game in the best way I can is a much better place to then start the franchise.

Which is why there will be no more remakes of any kind, this is it, so buckle in!
I will buckle in, i dont have any choice in the matter anyway.
I realy hope you get this done, cuz like i said, i dont hate your game, i enjoyed it.
I will bookmark this thread and watch it, if you keep your word, and work on it you get another patron here/me sooner or later.
Just no more remakes .... -.-

-cheers-

PingPanda

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
@PingPanda

Ditch the "Remastered" or just change the name alltogether and you will save yourself a lot of hate. ;)
Changing the name and release it as it was before will surely get you even more hate ;D
To be fair I've never liked the name of the game, I'd never heard of the TV show of the same name and didn't know about it until version of of the original game but I agree with Ju1zzed, I think it'll just cause more heat.

Reactions: ju1zzed

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
To be fair I've never liked the name of the game, I'd never heard of the TV show of the same name and didn't know about it until version of of the original game but I agree with Ju1zzed, I think it'll just cause more heat.
Well, you should name the game to what you want it to be.
Heck, just change stuff if ur not okay with it, its your game. ;)

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
I once played a game called "Family Matters". I liked it, it was easy but had different options. Some nice teasing and good UI. And so I decided to support the dev on Patreon. Then he said he wanted to restructure his game, make it open world. I was against that decision, why change a game that is already good? But PingPanda was thrilled and made a lot of posts during that time, things he wanted to include and program.

I gave him some months but there was very little progress so I canceled my subscription.

Now he is back, kinda did the right thing: Continuing his old game. But he remade all the renders (why?) and the UI (Why the hell do I have to click on that little button after some passage of time? That was not necessary before and it still isn't.) and changed some interactions. Now we have less content than we had with the old game, with practically the same quality. I'm gonna play his games but I'm not gonna support him again.

BTW: The aunt changed from looking different but okay to mom's twin sister to an uglier version of MC's boss in DD. Mom and sis only changed a little. Why? Who knows.
Aunty.jpg

2.50 star(s) 4 Votes