Deleted member 1688249

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2019
OOo great. Is there a chance to give us a release date ?
Unknown at this point. Depends on how much time I get to work on it. I'm pretty hesitant to throw a date out there and then disappoint by missing it. Just need to do the fourth day of the chapter. But it's also the climax of the chapter so alot of art and writing need to go into it. Fingers crossed.

potatoman398

Aug 3, 2019
Unknown at this point. Depends on how much time I get to work on it. I'm pretty hesitant to throw a date out there and then disappoint by missing it. Just need to do the fourth day of the chapter. But it's also the climax of the chapter so alot of art and writing need to go into it. Fingers crossed.
Totally understand the date thing. Speaking as someone in quarantine, I'm not going anywhere any time soon. But man, speaking as someone in quarantine, some new distractions would be super welcome.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

I hope you are all doing as well as the environment and economy can permit at this crazy time.
I am well and continuing to chip away at Ch 7! Wrapping up the final scene on day 3 of 4. (There is significantly more fun to be had in this chapter, so it's been taking more time to get drawn.)
Hopefully you'll agree that it's worth the wait!
Thanks again to those that voted in the favorite characters poll! If you haven't yet, scroll down and vote on your faves! It should be the previous post.
Who'd have thunk it. Yvette the landlady. Priftathi the history professor. And Sasha the farmer's wife. Jeez do y'all get down with the thiccness or what?
Followed closely by Morgan, your best friend's love interest... Guys, guys, guys. What are we gonna do about that?! All these questions and more answered in chapter 14 of Fantasy Valley stay tuned folks!
Just kidding. We'll get there sooner than all that.
I'm rambling.
Thanks to all of you for your continued interest and support! Please keep spreading the word about this project in relevant areas. I'm not sure if we're still undiscovered or just very, very niche. But either way it'd be good to get those rookie patron numbers rising.
Stay safe out there.
-Ancho

potatoman398

Aug 3, 2019
for all the vibe it was created, damn mc needs really to fuck dayna this is the scene i really want a lot.
This game is killing me with some of these relationships. Vera, Dayna, Sasha, Yvette...so close, so unattainable. The dev's really, really good at making a character desirable and then finding a way to blue ball the MC.

I can't even get too irritated about it because the writing makes it feel not-cheap. Like with Vera - that feels like a realistic dynamic, a platonic friendship where you each start feeling attraction but try to play it cool. It doesn't feel like the dev is dragging things out for the sake of Patreon dollars (cough Foot of the Mountain cough), it feels like there's a good in-game reason.

But MC needs to pursue Sam already holy shit.

kirbydancer

May 30, 2019
Really love the art. Reminds a bit to Summertime Vacation. I love the MILFs in this game. Keep up the awesome work.

I am really confused how some low lvl devs get so much support/money via Patreon while games like this gets so less even though this is propably way more difficult. As my preposter said: Storyline is awesome I am really enjoying it.

Only point of improvement in my opinion: The choices are not really relevant in dialouges imo. The good part is that no grinding is needed :) Would also love to see some intense kissing (maybe with tongue). Otherwise top game. Keep up the good work mate.

Deleted member 1688249

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2019
This game is killing me with some of these relationships. Vera, Dayna, Sasha, Yvette...so close, so unattainable. The dev's really, really good at making a character desirable and then finding a way to blue ball the MC.

I can't even get too irritated about it because the writing makes it feel not-cheap. Like with Vera - that feels like a realistic dynamic, a platonic friendship where you each start feeling attraction but try to play it cool. It doesn't feel like the dev is dragging things out for the sake of Patreon dollars (cough Foot of the Mountain cough), it feels like there's a good in-game reason.

But MC needs to pursue Sam already holy shit.
Sam fans for the winnn! Appreciate the feedback. I'll be honest the pacing of getting laid with each character is hard to manage alongside the story telling. I guess I wonder how the appeal of a character will change once David lands them? Trying to develop such a large cast while slowly revealing the larger story of the town itself has been hard to manage. But I'm relieved to hear the dynamics are somewhat convincing!

Reactions: Highland_Hunter

Deleted member 1688249

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2019
Really love the art. Reminds a bit to Summertime Vacation. I love the MILFs in this game. Keep up the awesome work.

I am really confused how some low lvl devs get so much support/money via Patreon while games like this gets so less even though this is propably way more difficult. As my preposter said: Storyline is awesome I am really enjoying it.

Only point of improvement in my opinion: The choices are not really relevant in dialouges imo. The good part is that no grinding is needed :) Would also love to see some intense kissing (maybe with tongue). Otherwise top game. Keep up the good work mate.
Haha! I'm confused by Patreon support levels too! Chuck me a buck if you can folks!

And yea, the story is basically linear. I have a very hard time remembering to give the reader some agency without breaking the plotting/rhythm of the chapter. Also, every choice I introduce means alternate art and work and blah blah I just end up talking myself out of it. But I'll try to do better. Even if each major interaction has to lead to the same point for the story to work, I could definitely introduce more discoverable type moments where choices could lead to different outcomes. Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: kirbydancer

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Hope you and everyone you care for is well in this crazy time!
Work continues on Chapter 7! Specifically working through day 4 (the last day) of the chapter!
Day 4 is basically a long string of scenes that require a bunchhhh of drawings and then some... animation *wink*. Because don't you all hate those projects that just turn into text games when the action hits? It drives me nuts. So I spend hours and hours drawing new illustrations for every couple lines of narration because I can't manage my time effectively or remember that some of you will click through this stuff at the speed of light just looking for a freaking aldnfsdhogahsdng... sorry.
But I'm making good progress! Bear with me, it will get there.
Hope everyone is ok out there! And thanks as always for your support.
-Ancho
Oh snap boi, whose donk izzat?

And ye old progress bar

mahmouedsamy

Feb 16, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
error: Error -3 while decompressing data: incorrect header check

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "F:\Drives\rope\Fantasy Valley Ch1-5\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "F:\Drives\rope\Fantasy Valley Ch1-5\renpy\main.py", line 304, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "F:\Drives\rope\Fantasy Valley Ch1-5\renpy\loader.py", line 136, in index_archives
index = loads(f.read().decode("zlib"))
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/encodings/zlib_codec.py", line 43, in zlib_decode
error: Error -3 while decompressing data: incorrect header check

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491

Mon Mar 30 19:36:14 2020

4.60 star(s) 73 Votes