Mar 29, 2021
It sucks that its for sure dead now, but I really still would like to see Ancho put the game on steam or something. I'd really hate to see the work he put in go completely to waste or be lost forever. Everyone who agrees should go let him know over on his patreon while the chance still remains that he'll check it. We can't let him waste this. Its too good for that.
I wish I had more knowledge of game platforms to pitch him about Steam. I am sure he could have made enough impact there to keep his enthusiasm for the game. Alas, I was clued into that platform after Ancho disappeared.
i think this one and ecchi sensei were the top notch of fantazy and hs back in the days,im pretty sure the dev will do good in steam ,bcs well this game is a rare gem and have it all,good story good progressionn the sandbox is easy ,quest are easy alot to do before next ,all in all a true master piece ,and the art is simple but amazing
It seems a bit strange after all this time, and yet, despite everything, the game's Steam page recently appeared: (y)

peter358

Jan 28, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It is unexpected thats for sure, and also ancho says Season 2 will be released and sold separately as DLC. It appears he wants to continue to this journey. But I noticed something you guys can remember, he was remaking first chapter when he stopped the developing the game. In "about this game" section, episode 1 images are old images instead of the remaked ones

Last edited:

etarg

Oct 11, 2017
I don't know if this is him, guys. I think it might be someone trying to mooch off of his work.

1718975571213.png

Read these two paragraphs. It's the same thing slightly altered. Also, the first two paragraphs have just been lifted from this page.

It's not looking good.

• Hey there
Reactions: CUNTBLAZER420
Mar 29, 2021
I don't know, now that I look more closely, there are quite a few similarities with the AOA Academy Steam page (which wasn't supposedly created by the dev himself, but by another one who allegedly stolen his work), starting with the presence of an unusual , plus the adult content described for both games is identical, even the little title at the bottom "Fantasy Valley - Season 1 Includes:" is strangely similar to the one found in the other game, that is "AOA Academy Includes"... it's all very strange when you think about it, but maybe it's just a little paranoia, who knows, maybe everything is fine, or at least I hope so, after all, other titles have similar things in common, even if I still find third-party EULAs strange :unsure:

Last edited:

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
Honestly, looking more closely, I'm kinda buying into this scammer theory. For one, the grammar is really off in places in the description. Then there's the aforementioned repeated paragraph, lack of remastered art in the screenshots, the content warning is identical to that AOA Academy game and the page formatting is very similar as well. Might even be the same dude doing it. Not to mention Ancho hasn't started his Patreon back up or notified anyone of his return in any capacity.

Mar 29, 2021
Yep, the lack of the remastered art is very strange indeed, additionally, this "Season 1" will feature the first 5 chapters of the game, the ones that can be separately downloaded in the first page here, however the whole Book 1 should feature all the 10 chapters, am I right?
Why should a dev publish an incomplete and unupdated version of a game when at least he should sell all the first Book as a "Season 1"? :unsure:

There are too many similarities with the A.O.A. Academy Steam scam, but without a word from Ancho who can really tell the truth?
Furthermore, the AOA Academy (note that the title is mispelled without the dots on the store) page is still up, so the dev didn't take action against the fraud or he couldn't demonstrate of being the legit developer of the game (I don't know how it works, I guess you should maybe register the trademark or something) and so the scam continued up to this day.
The more I think about it, the more the scam thing is convincing me, and I wouldn't even rule out that it's done by the same individual as AOA Academy.
Too bad that either Ancho's and TLG Game's patreons pages are longer gone and neither of them is active here on the forum, well TLG used to, but didn't share any details of anything after his last appearance.

Last edited:

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
Yep, the lack of the remastered art is very strange indeed, additionally, this "Season 1" will feature the first 5 chapters of the game, the ones that can be separately downloaded in the first page here, however the whole Book 1 should feature all the 10 chapters, am I right?
Why should a dev publish an incomplete and unupdated version of a game when at least he should sell all the first Book as a "Season 1"? :unsure:

There are too many similarities with the A.O.A. Academy Steam scam, but without a word from Ancho who can really tell the truth?
Furthermore, the AOA Academy (note that the title is mispelled without the dots on the store) page is still up, so the dev didn't take action against the fraud or he couldn't demonstrate of being the legit developer of the game (I don't know how it works, I guess you should maybe register the trademark or something) and so the scam continued up to this day.
The more I think about it, the more the scam thing is convincing me, and I wouldn't even rule out that it's done by the same individual as AOA. Academy.
Too bad that either Ancho's and TLG Game's patreons pages are longer gone and neither of them is active here on the forum, well TLG used to, but didn't share any details of anything after his last appearance.
If it is the same guy these are likely not the only 2 games he's done this to. If any one knows of any others or is good at deep dives, let us know. This is why you don't quit your game and drop off the face of the earth.

Mar 29, 2021
If it is the same guy these are likely not the only 2 games he's done this to. If any one knows of any others or is good at deep dives, let us know. This is why you don't quit your game and drop off the face of the earth.
Who knows, maybe, especially if he has seen that the scam worked at least once.

Anyway, for AOA, when users started posting in the Steam forum threads about the game being stolen, the scammer started systematically deleting all the messages and threads that mentioned that thing, even going as far as subtly making fun of it with the announcement , which brings us back to the beginning, even with a confirmation from the actual dev, without concrete evidence it doesn't seem that one can take action against these scams.
Aside from that, the only thing that the two situations might have in common and that could be searched for to verify other possible victims is this third-party EULA which, while not identical in our two cases, is still something quite unusual in this field, even if not completely never seen before (Suvberse for example has one, but it is a different category as StudioFOW isn't a real small indie dev after all), however I do not think it is possible to filter searches on Steam for titles with a third-party EULA within the categories for "adults only" and/or with "sexual content", not even on steamdb.info I believe it is possible to do so.
The only reasonable option would be to find someone who mentions the thing here on the forum among the discussions of other games and who fortuitously is aware of both the situation of AOA Academy and Fantasy Valley.

4.60 star(s) 73 Votes