VN Ren'Py Far Beyond the World [Chapter 17] [Echoes of Arcane]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Zihuy

Dec 9, 2020
When was the last actual update? At this point I honestly forgot this project was a thing

LeperDrag

Jul 10, 2019
1 year ago. It better to forget about this project since the creator will make you depressed with his shit
Wait what "shit" are you referring to? Because if your referring to a family member passing not long ago and now his mother....but then you scroll down a bit in his Twitter and find out he's part of a generational traumal/abuse and says that's love and then you wonder....Anyways he did post wip chapter 16, its on kemono party, and by his own words don't except any progress till next year. I mean I feel for him but at the same time I can't feel empathy for abusive people and those who were abused and say that's "love"

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
Wait what "shit" are you referring to? Because if your referring to a family member passing not long ago and now his mother....but then you scroll down a bit in his Twitter and find out he's part of a generational traumal/abuse and says that's love and then you wonder....Anyways he did post wip chapter 16, its on kemono party, and by his own words don't except any progress till next year. I mean I feel for him but at the same time I can't feel empathy for abusive people and those who were abused and say that's "love"
No, the "shit" was about the conflict with another furry vn dev team, from which Kael, assumingly, stole the plot for Far Beyond the World, plus there was a lot of drama talk with itch.io residents, where Kael, by their words, "wasn't acting very nicely on accusations". And it was around 2-3 years ago. After that updates for this game became rare, until we only get script releases as of now.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LeperDrag

Wolfboy32

Apr 27, 2017
1 year ago. It better to forget about this project since the creator will make you depressed with his shit
Honestly there are a lot of VNs that i decided to not invest myself into as much any more cuase they fall inot dev hell and / or only update 3-4x a year with little to no communication with supporters unless they are trying to push merch to sell you.

People also need to know when it time to stop sending money to some of these devs who haven't updated their projects in months... some even years.... crazy lol

LeperDrag

Jul 10, 2019
Honestly there are a lot of VNs that i decided to not invest myself into as much any more cuase they fall inot dev hell and / or only update 3-4x a year with little to no communication with supporters unless they are trying to push merch to sell you.

People also need to know when it time to stop sending money to some of these devs who haven't updated their projects in months... some even years.... crazy lol
Yeah that's why I don't play any unless they're at least either half way done or a year old. That's usually a good indicator on what's going on, with the exception of Repeat and Temptation's Ballad. Repeat is actually going to finish it's first route of 3 in like probably 2 or 3 updates and Temptation's Ballad will resume once that route is done next year. The creator went mia during the initial Repeat development and returned and changed to Temptation's Ballad and finally after getting his shit together is actually finishing it.

The other 2 note worthy are Remember the Flower and Soul Creek, the first has an entire team and the second while only 1 person is incredibly active and post updates regularly and if I remember correctly it's half way done in just 1 year. Can't recommend those 2 enough

Reactions: Wolfboy32

Wolfboy32

Apr 27, 2017
Yeah that's why I don't play any unless they're at least either half way done or a year old. That's usually a good indicator on what's going on, with the exception of Repeat and Temptation's Ballad. Repeat is actually going to finish it's first route of 3 in like probably 2 or 3 updates and Temptation's Ballad will resume once that route is done next year. The creator went mia during the initial Repeat development and returned and changed to Temptation's Ballad and finally after getting his shit together is actually finishing it.

The other 2 note worthy are Remember the Flower and Soul Creek, the first has an entire team and the second while only 1 person is incredibly active and post updates regularly and if I remember correctly it's half way done in just 1 year. Can't recommend those 2 enough
The only one you mentioned that I read was RTF, which is great but they kinda fell into the habbit of only updating 3-4x a year and pushing merch more than updates (like you said they have a whole team.... I guess a lot of moving parts can take just as much time as little to none.) . I still a fan but had to stop being as invested.

I want to get inot soul creek... I may start it this weekend.
Im gonna look into the other 2 as well.

Last edited:

Crocsito

Sep 7, 2022
The only one you mentioned that I read was RTF, which is great but they kinda fell into the habbit of only updating 3-4x a year and pushing merch more than updates (like you said they have a whole team.... I guess a lot of moving parts can take just as much time as little to none.) . I still a fan but had to stop being as invested.

I want to get inot soul creek... I may start it this weekend.
Im gonna look into the other 2 as well.
Ye, I remember when RTF used to update every month, now they are taking much longer.

LeperDrag

Jul 10, 2019
Ye, I remember when RTF used to update every month, now they are taking much longer.
I can't remember exactly why but, now correct me if I'm wrong here it's been awhile, it had something to do with both writer burnout and health reasons both physical and mental.

Wolfboy32

Apr 27, 2017
I can't remember exactly why but, now correct me if I'm wrong here it's been awhile, it had something to do with both writer burnout and health reasons both physical and mental.
It might be all of the above. but they do ahve a pretty large team. 3-4 months between releases, idk feel a bit much for me so I pulled back from supporting on patreon. especially when they find plenty of time to push merch.

Jun 5, 2019
Finally found update 17
I have no change log sadly and Karel is MIA as we have no update from anything going on but apparently something happened in real life with no update on that. Even though I'm not a fan of the direction this VN is going, still want to see it through and wish them the best in real life.
Android:
PC:

fieryfiesta

Nov 27, 2023
Finally found update 17
I have no change log sadly and Karel is MIA as we have no update from anything going on but apparently something happened in real life with no update on that. Even though I'm not a fan of the direction this VN is going, still want to see it through and wish them the best in real life.
Android: Mega
PC: Mega
Is that an alpha of the chapter that was on patreon, or is it the finalized version?

LeperDrag

Jul 10, 2019
Finally found update 17
Android: Mega
PC: Mega
Honestly this update was just terrible and all over the place, not only does it bring unnecessary conflict and a new and totally unnecessary "bad guy", it also doesn't do what it set out to do and that is have the MC show he can understand them and all his accomplishments. Hell even in this very chapter it was played out the banquet completely different as if he wrote it months after. Like one of the worst part is how Ranok and the MC relationship is now "just a summer fling" and apparently next update it'll focus on a rapist. I fucking kid you not I feel like dropping this game all together

• Angry
Reactions: baraenjoyer

Omega Deose

Dec 24, 2018
do i have to downlaod every single chapter? i downloaded chapter 17 adn it start at chapter 14, why cnat you make all chapters inot 1 download and the best is in some scenes the furries donw have bodies, you only see the head

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
do i have to downlaod every single chapter? i downloaded chapter 17 adn it start at chapter 14, why cnat you make all chapters inot 1 download and the best is in some scenes the furries donw have bodies, you only see the head
You need to download every single one from the OP.
This VN is kinda a mess TBH - both the story and the gamefiles
There's nothing Mods / uploaders can do.
I would steer away from it (until the dev sort himself out) unless you really don't have any other game to play.

Reactions: partanen
4.30 star(s) 4 Votes