Unity Far East [v0.54a] [Beetle Roid]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

xorger

Donor
Mar 16, 2018
Yeah cheats would be nice, cheat engine won't work for me and by doing things 'legally' you can only get max 35$ daily (hiring only a cook and a waitress, don't know what the manager is for). Assuming you manage to sell everyhing, coz the orders usually don't add up and waiting for that special customer to buy the last 2 dishes isn't worth it. But i know, game is in really early development and when it's properly ironed i think it'll be really fun to play. By the end of day 3 i managed to be 19$ over the initial 300. Yeah too bad for lack of lingerie in 0.46a, but who needs fancy pants in a soup kitchen anyway.

Edit: does the rating do anything? I think it's just my imagination, but with high rating customers come faster.

Last edited:

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Yeah cheats would be nice, cheat engine won't work for me and by doing things 'legally' you can only get max 35$ daily (hiring only a cook and a waitress, don't know what the manager is for). Assuming you manage to sell everyhing, coz the orders usually don't add up and waiting for that special customer to buy the last 2 dishes isn't worth it. But i know, game is in really early development and when it's properly ironed i think it'll be really fun to play. By the end of day 3 i managed to be 19$ over the initial 300. Yeah too bad for lack of lingerie in 0.46a, but who needs fancy pants in a soup kitchen anyway.

Edit: does the rating do anything? I think it's just my imagination, but with high rating customers come faster.
Manager will attend to "take away" customers so player dont have to. and new content (rooms) will need manager's involvement.
Rating doesn't do anything atm. but it will be used to unlock 2nd floor (to build rooms), garden (for upcoming ingredient based crafting) and to unlock new areas (maps). And they will pay more based on that.
soup is not profitable. you will have to buy new recipes to make money.
clothing and other actions will be available based on affection/lust. and you have to purchase cloths.

Thanks for your review. currently working on 0.48 which has the second floor.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017

I had no issues with Cheat Engine, did you search for floats? People using Unity often use floats when Int would've done fine.

I do remember cheating in the food, so it might be that I couldnt find the money either, but you can just cheat in a bunch of food

xorger

Donor
Mar 16, 2018
Yeah, money is float type, but i found the save files and editing them is super easy, barely an inconvenience. They're in AppData\LocalLow\BeetleRoid\FarEast. Everything is neatly described: money, energy, outfits but all save slots are in one file so you have to check which one you save to and edit that one for example:
"Money3" : {
"__type" : "float",
"value" : 214578

"3LustSarah" : {
"__type" : "int",
"value" : 1
},
"3AffectionSarah" : {
},
"3LevelSarah" : {

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Yeah, money is float type, but i found the save files and editing them is super easy, barely an inconvenience. They're in AppData\LocalLow\BeetleRoid\FarEast. Everything is neatly described: money, energy, outfits but all save slots are in one file so you have to check which one you save to and edit that one for example:
"Money3" : {
"__type" : "float",
"value" : 214578

"3LustSarah" : {
},
"3AffectionSarah" : {
},
"3LevelSarah" : {
yeah. im working hard on a major content so releases are delayed a bit.
what to expect on new version - "quests", renting rooms, ingredient based crafting and small story.
animations and 2d artwork takes lot of time. :D

cyrix22

Jun 10, 2017
I can't seem to restore my chefs' energy no matter what i do. Game advises in the beginning to go to bed which will replenish both your and your employees energy, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Another thing to fix is changing the pages of any category with more than 4 items in the computer. Currently, clicking the category button should change the page but that doesn't work properly at all. Sometimes it goes to blank page for 2 clicks and then the page might change or it does not (Cloths) & sometimes clicking doesn't change the page at all (Recipies & Upgrades). Maybe a scroll would be better but that is just a suggestion...
Oh yeah, and does the manager attend to both dine in (sit down) customers and take away (counter) customers? Mine only attends to dine in (sit down) customers and i have to take care of the take away (counter) ones.

Reactions: New-01

Rengod_

Aug 20, 2018
Just a recommendation since this is your first game, i would suggest maybe giving up on the mobile version, it is slowing you down quite a bit from what i can tell, getting to know the pc platform first would make it easier to then adapt it to mobile but that's just my opinion, i'm a fan of the concept of an actual "minigame" but if focusing on the "minigame" in this type of game means you have to cut back on how much you progress the content people come on this site to see it defeats the purpose of even making this type of game, also would suggest actually updating this thread so it can pop up on the latest updates whenever you have an update rather than just commenting about the update, that only makes people who have this thread on watch get notified

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
I can't seem to restore my chefs' energy no matter what i do. Game advises in the beginning to go to bed which will replenish both your and your employees energy, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Another thing to fix is changing the pages of any category with more than 4 items in the computer. Currently, clicking the category button should change the page but that doesn't work properly at all. Sometimes it goes to blank page for 2 clicks and then the page might change or it does not (Cloths) & sometimes clicking doesn't change the page at all (Recipies & Upgrades). Maybe a scroll would be better but that is just a suggestion...
Oh yeah, and does the manager attend to both dine in (sit down) customers and take away (counter) customers? Mine only attends to dine in (sit down) customers and i have to take care of the take away (counter) ones.
player's computer seems to be buggy. im fixing it. but cashier computer interface works fine.
regarding chef's energy, it may be due to conflict with shower animation / scene trigger. will check that out.

Last edited:

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
Just a recommendation since this is your first game, i would suggest maybe giving up on the mobile version, it is slowing you down quite a bit from what i can tell, getting to know the pc platform first would make it easier to then adapt it to mobile but that's just my opinion, i'm a fan of the concept of an actual "minigame" but if focusing on the "minigame" in this type of game means you have to cut back on how much you progress the content people come on this site to see it defeats the purpose of even making this type of game, also would suggest actually updating this thread so it can pop up on the latest updates whenever you have an update rather than just commenting about the update, that only makes people who have this thread on watch get notified
about minigames, i actually had something on my mind but haven't materialized yet. maybe near future. im currently working on expansion of the game map which includes a small "town". this is just a stepping stone for the major plot unavailing. :p

regarding the thread, im not the owner of this thread even though im the dev (and i am working solo). have requested the mod to update this, but seems like they are busy. :)

thanks for the input. checkout 0.5 version when it releases next week. town map uses baked light maps, so environment looks nice.

cyrix22

Jun 10, 2017
New-01 Love the images in your patreon on the progress to . I had thought you stopped working on the game after a couple of weeks hiatus but the images are stunning. I really dig the medieval vibe due to the lighting and stalls. Great work!

New-01

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2018
New-01 Love the images in your patreon on the progress to . I had thought you stopped working on the game after a couple of weeks hiatus but the images are stunning. I really dig the medieval vibe due to the lighting and stalls. Great work!
Stop? hell no :) . 0.49 will have daily fixes and improvements.
sadly, i cant update links on this post.

cyrix22

Jun 10, 2017
Stop? hell no :) . 0.49 will have daily fixes and improvements.
sadly, i cant update links on this post.
Yes, i have reported the main post as having a newer version of the game and being outdated and also requested the moderators to set you up as a main poster, but i honestly don't know how they will go about it or if it is even possible, but hope it works...

Last edited:

puente grande

Sep 17, 2017
You should be made the thread owner soon, there's quite a few active developer-held threads. It's always great to see. Game looks interesting, I'll try it soon

Reactions: cyrix22
2.50 star(s) 2 Votes