VN Ren'Py Far-Off Friends [v0.6] [FFCreations]

2.90 star(s) 33 Votes

rKnight

Devoted Member
Jun 12, 2017
There are some interesting characters, and top-notch graphics, but this game is neither good nor bad, the whole premise is kinda boring and forgettable, MC decisions does not make any sense, He just let his DICK do the THINKING stuff, taking away from the realism that the dev wants to bring into the game. It would be better if the MC was smarter.

Most of the dialogues don't build any suspense, but nothing that cannot be improved in future updates. (y)

MC: "Now I understand, why dad always told me to let the ladies go first." :sneaky:

screenshot0009.jpg

FFCreations

Creator of Freeloading Family
Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
I know that only mods can delete posts. No, my post wasn't misinformation maybe a bit off-topic, it was about the endings of your other game and that I'm not going to play this one because of it. After reading the other posts in this thread my opinion didn't change the writing for the MC seems terrible.
Then I probably understand why it was deleted. It's off-topic. Not constructive to this game. Also as I've already explained several times in previous posts: The writer for this game is not the same as the writer for the other game. And basing writing on other people's comments instead of playing it yourself is also not constructive.

You are free to voice your opinions about my other game in that game's thread. But simply coming here just to say that because of the other game you won't be playing this one is really not helpful to anyone.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Then I probably understand why it was deleted. It's off-topic. Not constructive to this game. Also as I've already explained several times in previous posts: The writer for this game is not the same as the writer for the other game. And basing writing on other people's comments instead of playing it yourself is also not constructive.

You are free to voice your opinions about my other game in that game's thread. But simply coming here just to say that because of the other game you won't be playing this one is really not helpful to anyone.
FFCreations, I suggest you ask for control of the OP as the Dev and maybe update the post with comment about it being a different writer, maybe also some of the planned kinks after you've discussed it with the writer.

Many people like to know what's coming in terms of kinks and if they are optional avoidable (don't happen) or skippable (happen by have choice to skip seeing them) as they don't want to invest time in playing something if it's going to be ruined from their perspective later by a kink or two they don't like.

Once you've posted the note about the different writer it should hopefully cut down and the comments but not matter what you'll still get them.

With that, I wish you luck as I did really enjoy FF till the endings, but will also wait for this to be a bit more fleshed out and hopefully some planned tags before trying it. Good luck.

Reactions: MrBenny

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
I just finished playing it, I didn't really get the "spineless MC" vibe but he does act peculiar in a couple instances. I personally found it odd that he shows up to the home he just inherited knowing someone already lives there with his luggage. I don't recall and scene in the game specifying he would be staying at the home until that scene. I'll throw some other things that stood out to me in spoilers but I'd say overall I am curious about where it's going.

Melissa is very pretty and comes off as a caring woman. I really liked her up until she slapped Stacy in the face twice, personally she lost quite a few points for that. Stacy was drunk and being an asshole, yes but that doesn't excuse her mother's behavior.

Erika is very pretty, I'm almost convinced she's the MCs sister and that's the reason for her "father's" actions. I kind of dislike how quickly things are going with her and the MC, I mean she met him once and then basically sends him a pic of her asshole then the next day they cuddle in the park like lovers. Not to mention she's bi because of course she is. Hopefully we won't be forced to share her with another woman. While I doubt it I'll hold out hope she's at least a dick virgin.

Stacy typically bitchy character complete with blackmail story line, nothing too interesting here to be perfectly honest. Not a huge fan right out the gate.

Mariya is fine though I hope we get to the point where she stops using honorifics because it's kinda cringe.

Tiffany again is fine. Not much really to say about her as we don't know her.

The recaps when the player leaves the home in the morning should probably be kept to just recent developments. It's tedious to click through everything we already know plus the new stuff because we read it the day before. There's also several times that the MC is tagged as the one speaking when it's another character which made things difficult to follow at points.

Hopefully the harem tag will get added as I kind of don't want to choose but if that isn't the direction the game will go I'll understand too.

I'll watch the thread, and wish you luck with development.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
I just played and it wasn't bad, I actually like it. Aside from the usual personalities, including the resident bitch it was pretty decent. I was confused as to why the MC didn't kick everyone tf out of his house but as the story went on everything was revealed. It was the right choice, Melissa seems cool as hell and easy on the eyes. I got triggered by the familiar song for FF, please delete that. There's not much to say other than that, Stacy getting her ass whooped by her mom was funny, she changed her tune the next day.

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
Despite my various issues with the endings of Freeloading Family, I'd say leave that stuff over there. Is this game actually good and worth checking out is what I wanna know? But of course, some of the resentment from FF is being carried over here and it's not helping this game get a fair shake.
Fair enough, it's not even the same writer anyways.

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
I just finished playing it, I didn't really get the "spineless MC" vibe but he does act peculiar in a couple instances. I personally found it odd that he shows up to the home he just inherited knowing someone already lives there with his luggage. I don't recall and scene in the game specifying he would be staying at the home until that scene. I'll throw some other things that stood out to me in spoilers but I'd say overall I am curious about where it's going.

Melissa is very pretty and comes off as a caring woman. I really liked her up until she slapped Stacy in the face twice, personally she lost quite a few points for that. Stacy was drunk and being an asshole, yes but that doesn't excuse her mother's behavior.

Erika is very pretty, I'm almost convinced she's the MCs sister and that's the reason for her "father's" actions. I kind of dislike how quickly things are going with her and the MC, I mean she met him once and then basically sends him a pic of her asshole then the next day they cuddle in the park like lovers. Not to mention she's bi because of course she is. Hopefully we won't be forced to share her with another woman. While I doubt it I'll hold out hope she's at least a dick virgin.

Stacy typically bitchy character complete with blackmail story line, nothing too interesting here to be perfectly honest. Not a huge fan right out the gate.

Mariya is fine though I hope we get to the point where she stops using honorifics because it's kinda cringe.

Tiffany again is fine. Not much really to say about her as we don't know her.

The recaps when the player leaves the home in the morning should probably be kept to just recent developments. It's tedious to click through everything we already know plus the new stuff because we read it the day before. There's also several times that the MC is tagged as the one speaking when it's another character which made things difficult to follow at points.

Hopefully the harem tag will get added as I kind of don't want to choose but if that isn't the direction the game will go I'll understand too.

I'll watch the thread, and wish you luck with development.
Mariya was too much of a cliché to enjoy even Tiffany ironically brought it up.

Oct 16, 2021
Read back, and was disappointed at how unnecessarily harsh the criticisms were here. Far-off Friends is decent for a first release. The renders are great, and the writing, while stiff, could easily be improved. Most of the vitriol in the thread was reserved for lamenting over Freeloading Family's (lack of) endings, as if developers can't try their hand at new projects with different writers.
Agreed

sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
It's ok I guess for an intro. Some confusing dialogue where the names are mixed up and it's confusing trying to figure out who is actually talking because it only shows one character. Like others have said the MC needs to tone it down on his thoughts on every girl he sees. He can make a comment on her appearance but don't go all perv on them like he's just hit puberty.

A personal preference here, but if I own a house I don't need rules laid down on me on like I'm a kid. Never been a fan of being treated as a kid when we're playing as adults. A simple be respectful of the house should suffice not do chores, here's your curfew, no overnight guests etc.

Some character traits seem to be recycled from the previous game so we sort of know what to expect. Not sure yet about this one, but I wish the dev and writer luck on this one and will await the next chapter to see where it goes.

Reactions: Valeck

Plaguerave

Sep 15, 2020
So far I enjoyed this only a minor thing I could point out I don't know if someone else did or not buuuut some times when transitioning from text of one character to another it keeps mc's name I don't know if that's due to custom name and not default?

But over all I enjoyed this and look forward to more.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Is that a case of SURPRISE incest and that's why it's not tagged? The game should have incest though based on creator's pre-dev polls

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bloodguard
2.90 star(s) 33 Votes