archedio

Modder
Apr 18, 2019
Guys, I'm confused, how come there's 2 downloads for ep 2?
is this --> Episode 2.1 v0.16 Extra 1080p a seperate game or what?

VoidSite

Jul 6, 2018
Guys, I'm confused, how come there's 2 downloads for ep 2?
is this --> Episode 2.1 v0.16 Extra 1080p a seperate game or what?
Nah, it is the same game but in FullHD.
Usually the Free Version is in low res.
2.1.16 is an older version, so someone was kind and gave the Update code to the Dude who postet the game here

Havent read the Patchnotes yet. But technically you could play the HD version until you reach the end of 2.1.16. And then continue with the low res version 2.2.03

This does not count for Episode 1.
Episode 1 is a game for itself. But you can load savegames from it into Episode 2

Last edited:

berny

Jun 8, 2017
Nah, it is the same game but in FullHD.
Usually the Free Version is in low res.
2.1.16 is an older version, so someone was kind and gave the Update code to the Dude who postet the game here

Havent read the Patchnotes yet. But technically you could play the HD version until you reach the end of 2.1.16. And then continue with the low res version 2.2.03

This does not count for Episode 1.
Episode 1 is a game for itself. But you can load savegames from it into Episode 2
Actually that's not true.
archedio Episode 2.1 016 is the first part of the second season. The dev calls them episodes not seasons though. It had 16 updates and and isn't updated anymore.
The dev decided to split Season 2 because the game was getting too big. The second part of season 2 has 3 updates so far (hence ep 2.2 v3). So you first have to play Episode 2.1 016 and then continue with the current build.
The comment above is correct about the two different versions. Each update has the standard version in 720p and the extra version in 1080p that also contains a couple of extra scenes. They are different patreon tiers. None of these versions are free though.
Yeah, it is kind of complicated and I'm not all all surprised that new players get confused.

Edit: Goobercreek No, Episode 1 is the intro.

To simplify: Episode 2.1 016 is part one of episode 2 and is getting no more updates. The second part of episode 2 is still ongoing and is currently named episode 2.2 v.3.

Last edited:

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
Be careful though - if I remember correctly you can't load saves made with 720p into the 1080p version.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Yeah, it is kind of complicated and I'm not all all surprised that new players get confused.
It seems to me that the entire topic of FB consists of (at least) 1/3 of such repetitive questions about the numbering of FB episodes. I don't know if there is such functionality on f95, but if so, then it would be correct to fix 1 special comment at the top of the page (so that when you turn over the pages of the topic, the comment is always at the top). And in it, write the numbering of FB episodes so that new players do not have problems. Or put this information on the first page of this topic. Otherwise, these questions will never end.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gerwazy and EraRamp

VoidSite

Jul 6, 2018
archedio Episode 2.1 016 is the first part of the second season. The dev calls them episodes not seasons though. It had 16 updates and and isn't updated anymore.
The dev decided to split Season 2 because the game was getting too big. The second part of season 2 has 3 updates so far (hence ep 2.2 v3). So you first have to play Episode 2.1 016 and then continue with the current build.
The comment above is correct about the two different versions. Each update has the standard version in 720p and the extra version in 1080p that also contains a couple of extra scenes. They are different patreon tiers. None of these versions are free though.

To simplify: Episode 2.1 016 is part one of episode 2 and is getting no more updates. The second part of episode 2 is still ongoing and is currently named episode 2.2 v.3.

Jep... I see that I am gone for too long. Last free Version was Episode 1 V0.4
Thank you for correct me here.

introvtx

May 6, 2017
Hope we get it. But it will probably take some time. Right now, the 1080p version is only available to Platinum Level 2 users ($ 30 per month). In 6-7 days for 1080p the version will be available to Platinum 1 level users ($ 20 per month). Of course, there can always be a "sudden 1080p Hero", but I'm a realist and I don't think the 1080p version will appear here until after a week. I downloaded 720p, but I won't play it yet, as all my saves since EP 1 were created in 1080p versions, and transferring 1080p ----> 720p saves in FB is a bad idea. So I will also wait for 1080p whenever it is posted here.
you can transfer 1080p saves to 720p? I thought it was the other way around?. Not that I will though. Just like before I will just wait for 1080p version or if it never comes wait for it to come on steam instead, which can be yeaaaarrrss :ROFLMAO: but thats okay

archedio

Modder
Apr 18, 2019
So uhh.. I have to play this first -> Episode 2.1 v0.16 Extra 1080p before playing the latest update?
also it's 10 Gb, my god.. is there a compressed version somewhere?

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018

Someone should post that into the first post to help ppl out to understand this complicated system ^^

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
you can transfer 1080p saves to 720p? I thought it was the other way around?. Not that I will though. Just like before I will just wait for 1080p version or if it never comes wait for it to come on steam instead, which can be yeaaaarrrss :ROFLMAO: but thats okay
Probably, I did not quite clearly expressed my thoughts and my previous comment requires clarification. In fact (if we leave aside the graphical bug of the game interface, namely, the mismatching icons with the saves), then yes, the procedure for transferring saves 1080p ----> 720p is possible (I don’t want to mislead those players who decide to do this ), but as I wrote above, I will not do this and will wait for the 1080p version. And it's not only and not so much about the saves, but about the low resolution of 720p renders and animations, which looks (to me) not very good on a large display. ( Well, and less content compared to the 1080p version, of course).

Last edited:
Reactions: introvtx
3.50 star(s) 220 Votes