agn25

Nov 20, 2017
If you had actual convincing examples you would bring them up. You don't because you know she is portrayed as a static character throughout the game. One off example vs consistent portrayal is very clear which is more substantial. You are also telling me she has changed, but have yet to verbalise what the change actually is.

When we look at Monica's characterization throughout the game, what has changed compared her ep 1 character?

She still does things out of desperation, she is just more desperate.
She has orgasms sometimes, but she still hates everything about sex
She still has the same dominant "I'm better then you" attitude

I played up to ep 3 and i can clearly remember for a fact that she is portrayed the same way she was in ep 1. "how dare you think I'll do that" followed by her doing that begrudgingly every scene on repeat for ever.'

Also think the corruption name doesn't change because it gives you the illusion of change in her character. Less people would be interested in they thought Monica was just getting more desperate instead of something as meaningful as "corrupted".
More than happy to give further examples however I feel you are moving the goal posts. Let's not forget I responded to your statement that " I'd expect some change in her mentality than when she was a billionaire. ". Now I gave you a good example of how her mentality has changed. That is some change right there. If you don't think that is enough then that is your issue. If you are not getting what you want from this game then again that is on you. But I did show her changing mentality, only for you to claim you want more examples.

So before I go and post some more examples of her changing mentality I'd like to know from you how many changes do I need to show in a post that would satisfy you. I'm willing to play but not until the goal posts are concreted in.

Reactions: Stan5851

Bleh21

Dec 4, 2018
More than happy to give further examples however I feel you are moving the goal posts. Let's not forget I responded to your statement that " I'd expect some change in her mentality than when she was a billionaire. ". Now I gave you a good example of how her mentality has changed. That is some change right there. If you don't think that is enough then that is your issue. If you are not getting what you want from this game then again that is on you. But I did show her changing mentality, only for you to claim you want more examples.

So before I go and post some more examples of her changing mentality I'd like to know from you how many changes do I need to show in a post that would satisfy you. I'm willing to play but not until the goal posts are concreted in.
You didn't show her change in mentality. Monica was never a nun, she never minded slightly sexy clothing. Didn't she love the red dress that she bought initially? I would just like to consistent portrayal. If she loves sexy clothing now, can I go back to her old shoots and have her like the more conservative clothing? is there anything else besides a one off statement that can taken many different ways that imply she likes wearing sexier clothing now?

Reactions: Vibesy

Bleh21

Dec 4, 2018
Well, while I certainly agree with you that there is a very slight change in Monica's character, I still think that the corruption is present in the game. It just depends on how you define it. If you think that corruption means that Monica is supposed to start liking doing sexual stuff, then there is nothing like that in the game, except in one branch with Fred that everyone hates here (not me).
But I see it differently, corruption is not about starting to enjoy being fucked or something, but about slowly accepting new reality where she is a whore, basically. Could Monica from the beginning of Ep.1 imagine that she would work on the street and be totally fine with? Could she imagine that she would fight for the role of the main stripper and enjoy that role (in Ep.5 clearly enjoys it)? Now in Ep.4 it is totally fine for Monica to be fucked by black guys for Cambell. Or to be in a cell like a dog for Philip (I mean she is barely protesting). Or to pay rent by fucking some kebab guy. Monica from Ep.1 would never do something like that, out of desperation or not. Never.
Monica in Ep. 1 is a confident respected business woman (or at least we are made to believe that). Monica in Ep.4 is just a stupid whore (who thinks she is smart) fucked by everyone, who is almost eager to sell her ass to make some money or get something she wants.
Desperation isn't characterization. She's still the same person. Imo corruption isn't about liking sex sure. Its about portraying how your experience is changing you as a person. Again people keep implying I want her to just start liking sex, its true but i never argued for that. I literally gave two alternates to the typical corruption route that would make perfect sense for her in my previous post. I just want some effect on her. As it stood, every single scene just felt pointless because none of it effected her at all. Yeah she's doing progressively more and more perverted stuff but none of it is effecting her in way. Well i guess she's getting richer so good for her.

She was deluded since the start. Its just the same dynamic playing over and over for all three episodes but now she makes more money for more perverted stuff. It just gets boring man lol

Reactions: Vibesy

agn25

Nov 20, 2017
You didn't show her change in mentality. Monica was never a nun, she never minded slightly sexy clothing. Didn't she love the red dress that she bought initially? I would just like to consistent portrayal. If she loves sexy clothing now, can I go back to her old shoots and have her like the more conservative clothing? is there anything else besides a one off statement that can taken many different ways that imply she likes wearing sexier clothing now?
I'm not saying Monica likes clothing that she thinks is slutty. The point is she didn't see that dress as slutty. She saw that grey dress as appropriate to wear to a business meeting when Monica wouldn't have touched that outfit in ep1 with a ten foot pole. Her change in mentality is what she sees as appropriate for her when in public. Don't forget she went to that meeting as Monica Buckfett. Not Ruby or pretending to be her own double.

She definitely didn't love that red dress when she got it.

Bleh21

Dec 4, 2018
I'm not saying Monica likes clothing that she thinks is slutty. The point is she didn't see that dress as slutty. She saw that grey dress as appropriate to wear to a business meeting when Monica wouldn't have touched that outfit in ep1 with a ten foot pole. Her change in mentality is what she sees as appropriate for her when in public. Don't forget she went to that meeting as Monica Buckfett. Not Ruby or pretending to be her own double.

She definitely didn't love that red dress when she got it.
She is literally doing photoshoots in slutty clothing as Monica since the start of the game. She got naked in front of investors. This is nothing new lol. She was still forced into all of it.

Nah I'm pretty sure she had a "good enough" mentality towards the red dress.

qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
Desperation isn't characterization. She's still the same person. Imo corruption isn't about liking sex sure. Its about portraying how your experience is changing you as a person. Again people keep implying I want her to just start liking sex, its true but i never argued for that. I literally gave two alternates to the typical corruption route that would make perfect sense for her in my previous post. I just want some effect on her. As it stood, every single scene just felt pointless because none of it effected her at all. Yeah she's doing progressively more and more perverted stuff but none of it is effecting her in way. Well i guess she's getting richer so good for her
No, she is not the same. If a person is ready to do things that she or he would have never done before, it certainly means that he or she has changed. Out of desperation, or out of something else doesn't make a difference.
If you think about it, she is not really forced to do anything in the game, maybe except very early (when Veronica forced her). She does what she does because she becomes ready to do it. It is about making choices. And she constantly makes choices to make naugtier and naugtier stuff (if the player chooces that for her). No one is forcing her do those photoshoots where she is completely naked or fucked by a bunch of black guys on a boat. She does it in the game, because her greed for money, status and so is more important to her than your dignity, self-respect and so. It is corruption. She still doesn't like, but further and further in the game she is doing more explicit things. Actually, after that time when Veronica stops asking her for money, Monica could just say fuck it and keep working as a waitress to make a living. But she doesn't stop. She does more and more.

Let's be frank here, you just don't like the way the game is being developed and progressed. You want Monica to become a some bimbo slut, who likes dicks. And nothing wrong with, but the developer has chosen a different course. There are such games, like The Promise Best Left Unkept. And I also think that one of the ending of Fashion Business will be like that.

Last edited:

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Do we know how many days there are going to be in the phillip route was it 7 days? How close am I to getting out of that route and playing all the other updates that have happened 2 more updates?

speedup

Jan 4, 2018
in
FashionBusiness-EP2-v16-Extra-pc\game\Quests
and the other 3 episodes
find the file Achievements.rpy
open it with a text editor like notepad or notepad++
in the last line change false to True

this is much easier than installing those gallery mods you can find here
and gallery are ingame in left upper corner and looks like a diploma

this is for eps1,1 and shall be extracted in the game folder
and only for vers 1,1
use extract here
not extract to
View attachment 2764716

there are changes from eps4 v5
it shall looks like this

def get_achievement(achLabel):
if (persistent.achievements.has_key(achLabel) and persistent.achievements[achLabel] == True) or debugMode == True:
return True
return True

def check_shake_achievement(video_filename):
shake_img = re.search(r'shake\_(\d+)', video_filename)
if shake_img != None:
check_achievement("img_" + shake_img.group(1))
return True
wen i do this in v4 6.0 the game crash

Reactions: maped

Bleh21

Dec 4, 2018
No, she is not the same. If a person is ready to do things that she or he would have never done before, it certainly means that he or she has changed. Out of desperation, or out of something else doesn't make a difference.
If you think about it, she is not really forced to do anything in the game, maybe except very early (when Veronica forced her). She does what she does because she becomes ready to do it. It is about making choices. And she constantly makes choices to make naugtier and naugtier stuff (if the player chooces that for her). No one is forcing her do those photoshoots where she is completely naked or fucked by a bunch of black guys on a boat. She does it in the game, because her greed for money, status and so is more important to her than your dignity, self-respect and so. It is corruption. She still doesn't like, but further and further in the game she is doing more explicit things. Actually, after that time when Veronica stops asking her for money, Monica could just say fuck it and keep working as a waitress to make a living. But she doesn't stop. She does more and more.

Let's be frank here, you just don't like the way the game is being developed and progressed. You want Monica to become a some bimbo slut, who likes dicks. And nothing wrong with, but the developer has chosen a different course. There are such games, like The Promise Best Left Unkept. And I also think that one of the ending of Fashion Business will be like that.
We're talking about her character, not her circumstances. She is still the same person, she is just more desperate. If I am not willing to do something and do become willing once I feel my life is closer to falling apart, i have not changed at all. The circumstances has convinced me that this is the best way to move forward.
Same thing with Monica, everytime she does something degenerate, its because she thinks its the best way to move forward. If she doesn't its because she wasn't desperate enough to think she needed to do it at that moment. And the same loop plays out over and over forever.

Again, would love to see a dominant Monica findom action or mindbroken Monica with self-esteem issues too. I just want some change to the rape groundhog day the game currently is. The Dev is apparently incapable of writing any character progression so yeah I'm pretty unhappy with how the game isn't really progressing at all. I also feel like I got baited with the corruption system and the perfect setup for a corruption game only to be met with an infinite loop of Monica being outraged at touching dick despite taking 500 dicks at that point

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunedosa and Vibesy

agn25

Nov 20, 2017
She is literally doing photoshoots in slutty clothing as Monica since the start of the game. She got naked in front of investors. This is nothing new lol. She was still forced into all of it.

Nah I'm pretty sure she had a "good enough" mentality towards the red dress.
Which red dress are you talking about? The one she or Dick buys for her date with him in ep1 or the red dress from ep2 she needs to work in Biffs office? If the first, yes she liked that dress enough. It was a one of a kind designer dress worth thousands. Much more modest than the grey dress she likes later that she picks up in the VIP which has been worn countless times before by countless other whores. That is a change of mentality.

The second was a cheap knock off that was the best she could afford at the time.

Reactions: Stan5851

Lycan73

Jun 5, 2017
What's the deal with these 'husbands' in these 'husband auditions'? Getting it on with your potential bride while a bunch of other guys watch, and then passing her around like a plate of appetizers at a party? I guess you don't need compatibility tests when you can rate your bride-to-be on a scale of thrusts and moans. Might as well call these auditions 'cuckold auditions' and be done with it!

Anways, enter Mr. Smith, the newest addition to this circus of wannabe cuckolds. He cordially extends an invitation to Monica to a lovely pool party. First, there's the small matter of clothing—specifically, Mr. Campbell insists on giving Monica an 'eco-friendly' swimsuit. Little does Monica know that the suit will practically disintegrate in the water! Yup, a 'swimsuit' that's afraid of getting wet. Genius, right?

So, our beloved Monica, clueless as she is always is, takes a dive, and suddenly, she's skinny-dipping without even trying. Cue Mr. Smith's entrance, camera in hand, ready to capture all the magic underwater. Then it's showtime with Monica and Mr. Smith, while the pool cleaner eagerly jumps in to join the party. But hey, what's a cuckold audition without a little bit of cuckolding, right?

And then there's Perry, requesting Monica to clear her $10,000 debt by spreading her legs for three fine gentlemen. Sweet Perry, dear, Monica's selling herself for $50 a pop just around the corner. You know that, too. And you offer her $10,000 to bang three men? Hell, you could've knocked $150 off her tab, but you waive off the entire amount instead! But I guess not being the brightest bulb in the chandelier is what lands you in the slums in the first place.

Nevertheless, a big shoutout to DM. Even though he likely dreams up these nonsensical scenarios while having a tango with a vodka bottle, he does give us some great material to wank off to.

• Haha
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Stan5851 and agn25

agn25

Nov 20, 2017
What's the deal with these 'husbands' in these 'husband auditions'? Getting it on with your potential bride while a bunch of other guys watch, and then passing her around like a plate of appetizers at a party? I guess you don't need compatibility tests when you can rate your bride-to-be on a scale of thrusts and moans. Might as well call these auditions 'cuckold auditions' and be done with it!

Anways, enter Mr. Smith, the newest addition to this circus of wannabe cuckolds. He cordially extends an invitation to Monica to a lovely pool party. First, there's the small matter of clothing—specifically, Mr. Campbell insists on giving Monica an 'eco-friendly' swimsuit. Little does Monica know that the suit will practically disintegrate in the water! Yup, a 'swimsuit' that's afraid of getting wet. Genius, right?

So, our beloved Monica, clueless as she is always is, takes a dive, and suddenly, she's skinny-dipping without even trying. Cue Mr. Smith's entrance, camera in hand, ready to capture all the magic underwater. Then it's showtime with Monica and Mr. Smith, while the pool cleaner eagerly jumps in to join the party. But hey, what's a cuckold audition without a little bit of cuckolding, right?

And then there's Perry, requesting Monica to clear her $10,000 debt by spreading her legs for three fine gentlemen. Sweet Perry, dear, Monica's selling herself for $50 a pop just around the corner. You know that, too. And you offer her $10,000 to bang three men? Hell, you could've knocked $150 off her tab, but you waive off the entire amount instead! But I guess not being the brightest bulb in the chandelier is what lands you in the slums in the first place.

Nevertheless, a big shoutout to DM. Even though he likely dreams up these nonsensical scenarios while having a tango with a vodka bottle, he does give us some great material to wank off to.
Good post, very funny. Though are these auditioning husbands really cuckolds since none are actually yet married or even in a relationship with Monica? Is Fred a cuck because he shares Monica with the neighbour? Here I was thinking I'm playing a whore simulator when it is really a cuckold sim.:)

3.50 star(s) 218 Votes