• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Partial WIP Fate/Empire Of Dirt (English Translation)

Rockman12

Oct 22, 2020
Did a full play through, here’s what I can report:

Only major (as in, game breaking) issue was when it got to the Steel Children chapter where you have to evade them constantly (the rider clones), the left area of the two available areas (don’t remember the name at the moment) would crash my game consistently. I bypassed this by copying my save data over to an unaltered version of the game, progressing through that section of the story, then importing it back to the English patched version. Played on PC, not using an emulator or anything.

There were three other lingering issues with the patch that were more annoying than game breaking:

1) Text would cut off in longer sentences and never appear.
2) Auto-read would stall, forcing me to turn it off then back on. This seemed to be tied to when the translation was requiring more than 1 dialogue box to convert the Japanese text from what I noticed, though I might be off on that.
3) The holy grail of my issues... the gallery scenes don’t have the translation at all! Big sad face, very dismay. I don’t recall if the h-scenes had English translation prior to being replayed in the gallery (as in when they first happen in the story), but they definitely don’t have translations in the gallery.

For one final note, anyone who plays this game: make sure to patch your game with the official patches released by Luwen. They include many important fixes, and if you end up not being able to unlock the Witch’s final h-scene, you need the first patch they released to fix that.

To end, I’d like to thank you for the work you’ve done. I was able to progress through the game and reasonably enjoy/understand the majority of it thanks to your work. Even if you’re unable to continue work or things slow down, you sure gave me a lot of fun memories with the work you already put in.

Reactions: FishWitch

FishWitch

Jan 11, 2018
Hey thanks for these! I'll look into them when I'm able to get a chance to do so! The Steel Children one especially, that'll be my first priority when going through these (which, at the latest, will be by the end of the year; no breaks during a rough semester sucks :/ )

As for the other issues:
1) I know a lot of the text during the bond events/hanging out would get cut off, that's an issue with MTL with this program and the way the game is.
2) I hadn't noticed the issue with auto, since I don't use it, but you would be right with the reason why. The TL injects an additional box, basically, that wasn't present in the original for overflow; so the auto option in game doesn't recognize it and gets stalled at those points.
3) That is a pretty sucky issue, even if not game-breaking. The files might be located elsewhere in the game that I wasn't able to extract from and that's why it had issues with not translating those, sadly. I'm not sure if I'd be able to get them with what I have, but I'll also give that a shot when I can.

But I'm glad you enjoyed the game and were able to play through it with minimal issues all things considered, in the end that was the goal! Even if I'm not the dev and just someone somewhat tl'ing, thanks for playing and helping out others by pointing out these issues!

KiwamiLorenzo

Formerly 'PabloLorenzo'
Oct 10, 2017
This is their official site:

You can use Google Translate if you can't read it. There are patches 1.01-1.06 that you'll need unless wherever you got your game came with the patches.
I see, thanks. By the way, i managed to find a link with the current patches included for anyone interested:

Reactions: Gilgamesh333

Qman1057

Oct 28, 2020
Hi I'm new. I have the game and tried moving everything into www data but it is still in Japanese. Can I get some help I'm new to this type of thing

Edit: figured it out but I am having issues with the text popping off screen during dialogue scenes, the game does not recognize the name of the character and crashed when I went to check on it

Last edited:

FishWitch

Jan 11, 2018
Hi I'm new. I have the game and tried moving everything into www data but it is still in Japanese. Can I get some help I'm new to this type of thing

Edit: figured it out but I am having issues with the text popping off screen during dialogue scenes, the game does not recognize the name of the character and crashed when I went to check on it
The text does run a bit over in some spots of the dialogue, mainly in the beginning and some bond events. It's in my plans to adjust to have it fit better. As for the name causing the game to crash, did you change the name from what it originally was? I hadn't tested that out, so I'm not sure if that's causing an error somewhere

Qman1057

Oct 28, 2020
The text does run a bit over in some spots of the dialogue, mainly in the beginning and some bond events. It's in my plans to adjust to have it fit better. As for the name causing the game to crash, did you change the name from what it originally was? I hadn't tested that out, so I'm not sure if that's causing an error somewhere
yeah I tried to click on it then it crashed. I’m currently at the start of chapter 3. Overall I think you did pretty well with it outside of an official translation. There was one area can’t remember the name but it was the one in chapter one where you get the mystic code from the lady. A lot of the dialogue when you get there is not translated. Also enemy buffs and debuffs aren’t translated as well. I’ll let you know if I spot anything else. Take your time and keep up the good work!

Qman1057

Oct 28, 2020
So I did the Rama chapter and couldn’t find any clues. Got the bad end and expected the chapter to start over but nope I had to load from my last save which was right before the end. Please tell me I don’t need to start completely over and where the hell are those clues