VN Ren'Py Fates Collide [v0.4b] [KatanaVN]

4.60 star(s) 57 Votes

T4t0rt

Feb 22, 2023
Quick question: in the end, only one girl will be the one with a stable bond, right?

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Quick question: in the end, only one girl will be the one with a stable bond, right?
No one knows for certain, as it's possible we could get a throuple path with someone in the future tho I don't see that happening to be honest. But since it's slow burn romance I want to say we will only get 1. That's why I have a save for every girl.

Reactions: Simpgor

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
this is the first game im struggling to chose only 1 girl besides BADik, Valentina, Avis, Eiko, Serena, holy shit !!!! it is so hard to chose 1 girl
Yeah out of the 55 AVN's played only like 8 have made me feel like that.

Out of the ones in this game the only ones I have a hard time picking is between Koko, Raiko , Avis maybe Serena and Valentina will join in on that later but right now they need more character development to get on the level of those 3 girls. Eiko i'm unsure of as well I like the character alot but to much mystery right now to have an opinion on her.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I gotta say, i liked all the songs, but the one that sounds in the party when you dance with serena the first time of the game, is so fucking good i actually searched it on shazam, what an amazing music, thank you, this goes to my spotify list.

Well i reached the end of Episode 4. now im fucking interested for real in Eiko, she seems to have su much troubles and she puts a brave face over all the shit, well, i dont know when i will play again this game but i will surely waiting it
Yeah I can't wait for Eiko developments the most. This game is one of the ones I will replay either when a updates drops or when im bored.

Reactions: Gyatu!!!!

T4t0rt

Feb 22, 2023
Until now i've done: Full path Avis (54/61, idk what i missed, i used the reference up there), Partial path Serena(15/28), KoKo(19/52), Raiko(41/51), Valentina(18/24), Levy(20/23) and.... totally avoided Eiko. Someone knows what i missed for Avis? And for what i see, Koko seems to be the other "main romance" like Avis. I'm saying this because the relationship points are big like Avis's ones and Raiko's ones.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I just read the progress report that was posted on patron lol it makes me want to replay the game again I can't recall any of the loopholes or plot holes mentioned that are going to be changed / fixed. I probably spent to much time enjoying spending time with the girls haha to notice. I'm glad about the removal / change of the covid talk in it that's one thing that always bugged me.

Jan 24, 2021

ChristmasRender.png

Merry Christmas everyone!
If you are celebrating or not, I hope you still enjoy these holiday days and take it easy with a cake or two

Here are Serena and Eiko wishing you some amazing holidays too. Serena heard Eiko was all alone and came for a surprise visit with gifts

I decided to also bundle a progress report here, which is the 2nd one so far (first one is , it's for patrons only). I won't repeat too much of the first progress, but so far, this 1 month was... Good. Christmas related activities definitely took a bit of time, and I had covid in the first 2 weeks, but besides that, I've been working hard on Ep4.5. The script/dialogue is much much better now in Episode 1, with lots of problematic or weird choices removed, covid talk gone, changed/removed that old story that was supposed to have gang wars lol etc. I am much happier with Episode 1 script now and I think I managed to fix all loopholes inside of it. Episode 2 still left to do. Some stuff I won't say here as they are new additions, and some I already said in previous report, so I hope people will enjoy all that when it comes ^^

Last two weeks were on renders focused and they've been extremely tough for multiple reasons. When I started working on remastering them, I quickly realized that my thinking of "replace old characters with new + new lightning" isn't as simple as it sounded in my head. Not only did some of the old scenes load a bit weird (sure, I can still remove charas+ lights myself), but some scenes turned to be... flat out broken. Like bugged broken, that I showcased in my patreon discord channel. It could be related how my studio used to be broken for a whole year during ep1-3, but whatever the reason is, it makes the old scenes basically useless, meaning I need to make them from scratch. And once I started hitting that roadblock, I asked on my discord server for people to tell me which maps and character clothes they found the best/worst in ep1-3, and I got a ton of responses (if you wish, you can write on this post too!) It turns out a lot of ppl noticed some worse looking maps, mostly the bad textures (like that airplane with Koko, metro with Avis), and I took those comments to heart. Why use the exact same old map that people dislike if there might be a new map available now, as hs2 isn't brand new like back then with limited choices? Same with clothes. For some stuff I might not have a replacement, but those are quite rare (supermarket possibly).
So I am doing exactly that, I am checking the map/scenes options now and looking at what can be improved. I am also commissioning maps (aka using the patrons support to pay modders to make maps for me), and you will see a few maps first time ever in my ep4.5, never seen before in any other VN due to it
I've also had some people actually go through my game a bit more in depth (and not just looking at the girls and butts), and even they saw multiple plotholes which just proves even more that my decision to fix old stuff was the right one. The journey won't be an easy one, but I am working my damnest to make it best I can so I don't have any more regrets, and also the fastest so we can finally continue with Ep5 too. It might not be in 3 months as I hoped, but I'll do everything I can to do it fast, as I am still relatively free in life.

And of course, patrons can expect in a few weeks the very first sneak peeks preview, altho I posted quite a few behind the scene work in my patreon discord channel already

Thank you for reading, your patience, and I wish you once again a Merry Christmas and an enjoyable week ^^

Love you all, Kat <3

CKFM

May 25, 2018
just a suggestion. regarding the point system. could you put a stat overview on the current progress so we know if we have enough for the current scene. anyways thanks a lot.

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
Soo-ah is so fine and though i’m glad we get a scene with her, it’s always a shame when throwaway characters and background characters like Janet at that birthday party are so much more attractive looking than the LI that’s also in the event.

Koko is okay but Soo-ah and Janet both look so much better to me

Reactions: lunar517

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Soo-ah is so fine and though i’m glad we get a scene with her, it’s always a shame when throwaway characters and background characters like Janet at that birthday party are so much more attractive looking than the LI that’s also in the event.

Koko is okay but Soo-ah and Janet both look so much better to me
I didn't even know there was a Soo-ah scene I kinda of ignored her wasn't into her. since I liked koko more but that's cause i wasnt looking at their appearance either but good to know for my next replay.

Jul 20, 2020
Discovered this one recently and it took me a while to finally play it.

While a lot of the characters are you stereotypical archtypes, they're still done rather well. Overall I'm glad to have found this one and I'm eager for more updates. I don't see it listed (yet), and on the stats screen I see "Open" on the relationship section, I wonder if this will have it where you'll have more than one LI at a time (Harem or throuple etc?) in the end or if you'll be forced to choose.

starkj

May 17, 2022
Discovered this one recently and it took me a while to finally play it.

While a lot of the characters are you stereotypical archtypes, they're still done rather well. Overall I'm glad to have found this one and I'm eager for more updates. I don't see it listed (yet), and on the stats screen I see "Open" on the relationship section, I wonder if this will have it where you'll have more than one LI at a time (Harem or throuple etc?) in the end or if you'll be forced to choose.
I don't think this game will be a harem, i think the developer said so once. Best bet is to make multiple saves and focus more on the girl you want to go for.

4.60 star(s) 57 Votes