VN Ren'Py Fates Collide [v0.4b] [KatanaVN]

4.70 star(s) 58 Votes

dreamgoat

Oct 10, 2020
Really enjoyed it great story and the characters had a blast. The only I would hope to see is the point system for the girls being shown somewhere on screen or at the end of each episode. If I was playing it from the beginning I would never see their points until I get to the last update. Keep up the great work dev!

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I must say after finally getting around to the recent update i'm happy you let the player hear Avis's full story and didn't leave that on a cliffhanger till later. Before the update it was a toss of a coin if I liked Raiko or Koko more ( tho Raiko probably would win because how cute she is). But Now after this update and that outfit Avis was in starting to feel like all 3 of them are tied for me. With Raiko most likely to barley win haha. ( Tho I like all the LI alot so far just those 3 win by a large margin)

Even tho it's going to be awhile for the next update I already cant wait for the next one. All the new things start are starting to get set up and fall in place of the story seriously makes me cant wait to see what comes next.

I do agree with the post above mine be nice to see a point system you can see as you go cause when I get to the end I cant help but wonder where I missed points even if it isnt by much for my chosen path. ( But it isnt something that is needed just be a nice for Quality of Life )

PS : This game has the best use of pouts out of any honey select game so far for me. They are always great

Last edited:
Reactions: lunar517
Oct 13, 2023
Guys, is the update worth playing? I

played 0.3 a while ago (like 6 months) but i forgot most of the game, i will likely have to replay which im not really fond of unless the game is pretty good.. so is the story worth it?

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Guys, is the update worth playing? I

played 0.3 a while ago (like 6 months) but i forgot most of the game, i will likely have to replay which im not really fond of unless the game is pretty good.. so is the story worth it?
I personally thought so it answered some questions while also opening the door for new ones. + Raiko was so adorable in this update. It's probably the best chapter yet if you ask me. Honestly this is one of those games I can just replay whenever as long as it isnt too often since there isnt a moment that isnt enjoyable.

Moiraine™

Jul 14, 2021

Hey guys and girls!
It's been a week since public release, so it's time to get back to work ^^

Long post ahead, you know how I like to type my thoughts by now
I always write transparently and write my heart out, so here it goes.

First of all, a big big thank you to each and every one of you. Regular players, patrons, commentators, whoever, thank you ❤
Before the release, I was extremely scared. It's been so long, will anyone even play it? Do people even remember the game? Before the Early access, I was worried if I'll even have 2 people voluntary play the beta without me begging people. And when the time for Beta came around, I saw multiple new faces that decided to support me in a big way. I was extremely grateful, but still worried. Will they even like it? Are they the only people left interested? If they waited for so long, justifiable with my uni or not, and then dislike the update...
It was hard to put out my worry, but as each new tier dropped and nobody was negative about the game, I started to have more and more hope. Maybe I am wrong, please, correct me if I am. But in the end, it genuinely seemed like players enjoyed the update.
The wait times have been long, and I really wanted to put a good update out, but my university wasn't letting me do so in a quick and reasonable timeframe. I really poured my all in Episode 4, and to everyone who enjoyed it an appreciated it, thank you. Thank you to both my amazing patrons that kept supporting last year, and thanks to all the new patrons joining this month just for the update. Thanks to all those public enjoyers too.

So what is the next step?
There should be no secret that I have some areas in the game that I wished to improve. Almost two years ago, I was already dissatisfied with my look of Episode 2, with that bad lightning, black/blue monochrome npcs in background... it looked terrible, but I had no real time to fix it with my uni. And I was ignoring it, why fix something if it's just visual, players can just push through it.
However, throughout the last year, and especially after ep4 release, I see so many other glaring issues I ignored till now. One of biggest being Eiko. When I was writing Episode 3, I wanted to have Eiko in it. She barely appeared before, so makes sense. But the more I thought how to add her, the more I realized how fucked I am with the cards I dealt myself before. As those very few OGs here might remember, my original Ep1 was quite different (will return to this point soon). Eiko's original personality was - a baddie and slutty. Yup, that's it. That's all I had before. In original Ep1, she drugged the mc in the club. Hell, I even back then had idea of her seducing outside the club and her being the first lewd. Yup, old Katana was dumb and wanted to be one of those vn games with a lewd scene first episode. Thank god I didn't do that. ‍♂
Even if I slightly changed it, I never thought deeply about who she is. During ep3 work, I even considered of making her a side character instead. I mean, Falazio, Simon, hell, "Npc male character/s" have more dialogue lines than her. Thankfully, I decided against it, and told myself that I'll make her a deep character and think of everything about her. Her past, present, future, thoughts, ambitions, worries, all of it. And so I did. Now she is as deep and characterized as all other girls. And while she has some different personas (to be explained in future), none of those is "slutty". With that in mind, last 2 weeks I've been asking patrons/players to list all inconsistencies or bad areas from earlier episodes, to see how much there might be work if I decide to tackle it.
The areas of possible improvements was staggering. Just some of the main ones:
- Unnecessary Covid talk
- Extremely long intro
- Bad Eiko/literally 3 different visual designs in 4 episodes
- cringeworthy "storm is coming" by that one unknown girl and then she never appears again nor does a storm come
- who is Atlas? I guess we will never know
- wtf is scorpios?
- why do songs often stop after a sound plays
- if you don't drink with Eiko, Avis literally has 10 renders where she is in another dress... during same party
- and more but this post is giga long already
My initial script was quite different, and seems some elements I never fixed nor changed to the current timeline and narrative. So I decided, I want to fix it all, all in one fell swoop. And now is the perfect time. I am actually free from studying, and although I might move out, that's at worst 1 week of work. Before you 5 in the back get up and circle on your calendar "2027 ep5 release", no I am not letting long delays happen. I've given myself 3 months from this post to fix everything I can. I am extremely excited to continue the story, especially with how well received the new Avis/Serena part was, the bits with Eiko and others. However after thinking long and through the last 2 weeks, and with talking with some close people, I've realized that it's necessary to fix the past to be able to face the future.
See you all in Ep 4.5 in 3 months

Thank you, and I hope you understand my thoughts. My Discord server is always open for discussions.

Love you all,
Kat <3

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Fates Collide 0.4 Walkthrough mod

This is my first time making a mod for Ren'Py so any feedback is welcome.
The mod has some cheat choices that might break the game and usually make no sense storywise.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wanted to let you know that if you use a better tool to decompile the .rpyc files, you won't end up with all the silly things where else: becomes elif True: It makes it a whole lot easier on you to update in the future.

Go try this one next time: https://f95zone.to/threads/unrengui...nren-powershell-forall-v8-15-unren-old.92717/

Reactions: xyzyzyz

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
Is it just me or does Eiko look way way better on the first chapter or so? In the 1st chapter I really thought she had the best looks not only in the game but in many games, probably top 3 in all VNs I have played. Now, something has been lost. Perhaps better quality texture but lesser appeal. Not the best look in the game anymore i fear. That said, I really like the main menu image, or video i guess.

Also, will there be a route for Soo-Ah ? I really hope so.

Koko is great as always. I had not played since before the beach party was implemented and I really enjoyed her scenes there.

The policewoman also looks different than she used to, I guess due to her relationship that did not use to exist in the game iirc... I think I liked her better before.

Valentina is great too, not skipping conversations with her or Koko, and really... this game has so many good LIs, hard to choose but I like that this is not a harem game.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
this game has so many good LIs, hard to choose but I like that this is not a harem game.
Yeah I love it when games had alot of LI that makes it hard to pick 1 and arent harem. Really makes for a excellent relationship building in a game with that combo and not being a harem in my book almost automatically means the LI will actually get good character development and will actually be a bit romantic. Instead of things going too quickly like in alot of harem games.

Reactions: juanito

xyzyzyz

Feb 13, 2021
I get preferring harem or not wanting to play a game multiple times for other routes but this mod (by the mod creators admission) is not a "great addition" to the story it objectively "ruins" the continuity of the story (MC being in two places at once, MC drinking and not drinking with Eiko etc) again no hate to the mod or anybody using it but it does not make the story betetr at all (more playable for you maybe)
& What about getting chance to cover all choices at party with girls & drinking with Falazio & Simon ???

xyzyzyz

Feb 13, 2021

Hey guys and girls!
It's been a week since public release, so it's time to get back to work ^^

Long post ahead, you know how I like to type my thoughts by now
I always write transparently and write my heart out, so here it goes.

First of all, a big big thank you to each and every one of you. Regular players, patrons, commentators, whoever, thank you ❤
Before the release, I was extremely scared. It's been so long, will anyone even play it? Do people even remember the game? Before the Early access, I was worried if I'll even have 2 people voluntary play the beta without me begging people. And when the time for Beta came around, I saw multiple new faces that decided to support me in a big way. I was extremely grateful, but still worried. Will they even like it? Are they the only people left interested? If they waited for so long, justifiable with my uni or not, and then dislike the update...
It was hard to put out my worry, but as each new tier dropped and nobody was negative about the game, I started to have more and more hope. Maybe I am wrong, please, correct me if I am. But in the end, it genuinely seemed like players enjoyed the update.
The wait times have been long, and I really wanted to put a good update out, but my university wasn't letting me do so in a quick and reasonable timeframe. I really poured my all in Episode 4, and to everyone who enjoyed it an appreciated it, thank you. Thank you to both my amazing patrons that kept supporting last year, and thanks to all the new patrons joining this month just for the update. Thanks to all those public enjoyers too.

So what is the next step?
There should be no secret that I have some areas in the game that I wished to improve. Almost two years ago, I was already dissatisfied with my look of Episode 2, with that bad lightning, black/blue monochrome npcs in background... it looked terrible, but I had no real time to fix it with my uni. And I was ignoring it, why fix something if it's just visual, players can just push through it.
However, throughout the last year, and especially after ep4 release, I see so many other glaring issues I ignored till now. One of biggest being Eiko. When I was writing Episode 3, I wanted to have Eiko in it. She barely appeared before, so makes sense. But the more I thought how to add her, the more I realized how fucked I am with the cards I dealt myself before. As those very few OGs here might remember, my original Ep1 was quite different (will return to this point soon). Eiko's original personality was - a baddie and slutty. Yup, that's it. That's all I had before. In original Ep1, she drugged the mc in the club. Hell, I even back then had idea of her seducing outside the club and her being the first lewd. Yup, old Katana was dumb and wanted to be one of those vn games with a lewd scene first episode. Thank god I didn't do that. ‍♂
Even if I slightly changed it, I never thought deeply about who she is. During ep3 work, I even considered of making her a side character instead. I mean, Falazio, Simon, hell, "Npc male character/s" have more dialogue lines than her. Thankfully, I decided against it, and told myself that I'll make her a deep character and think of everything about her. Her past, present, future, thoughts, ambitions, worries, all of it. And so I did. Now she is as deep and characterized as all other girls. And while she has some different personas (to be explained in future), none of those is "slutty". With that in mind, last 2 weeks I've been asking patrons/players to list all inconsistencies or bad areas from earlier episodes, to see how much there might be work if I decide to tackle it.
The areas of possible improvements was staggering. Just some of the main ones:
- Unnecessary Covid talk
- Extremely long intro
- Bad Eiko/literally 3 different visual designs in 4 episodes
- cringeworthy "storm is coming" by that one unknown girl and then she never appears again nor does a storm come
- who is Atlas? I guess we will never know
- wtf is scorpios?
- why do songs often stop after a sound plays
- if you don't drink with Eiko, Avis literally has 10 renders where she is in another dress... during same party
- and more but this post is giga long already
My initial script was quite different, and seems some elements I never fixed nor changed to the current timeline and narrative. So I decided, I want to fix it all, all in one fell swoop. And now is the perfect time. I am actually free from studying, and although I might move out, that's at worst 1 week of work. Before you 5 in the back get up and circle on your calendar "2027 ep5 release", no I am not letting long delays happen. I've given myself 3 months from this post to fix everything I can. I am extremely excited to continue the story, especially with how well received the new Avis/Serena part was, the bits with Eiko and others. However after thinking long and through the last 2 weeks, and with talking with some close people, I've realized that it's necessary to fix the past to be able to face the future.
See you all in Ep 4.5 in 3 months

Thank you, and I hope you understand my thoughts. My Discord server is always open for discussions.

Love you all,
Kat <3
Hey Kat, KatanaVN

I originally liked what MC looked Like & that is what made game unique. I don't understand, why there is need to remodel or change MC to similar to Old MC of Eternum ? It kills uniqueness.

Also, about Eiko, I prefer the original one. Much free personality & stylish & flirty one. I do like her current personality of getting serious which shows she can be responsible but it would have been better if Original Eiko was shown with same gloomy eyes in serious mode than current one.

The girl that says 'a storm is going to come' & greets Falazio in Cafe looks like she is part of something which affects story which is good for suspense & keeping interest alive for further updates. So I don't think you need to change anything about it.

At last, the H Scenes shown also can be set one like shown in Episode 3 instead of moving one up down sideaways. It looks like a copy of Eternum which kills originality of it.

I hope this helps on bettering the game.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.4b + WT by
Warning: I had to start over as none of my saves worked.

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Mega

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 739 MB

Come find me on Discord:
Updated my android port.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
what ending?
Pretty sure he meant the cliffhanger With Eilko / shadow. Since to me it isnt clear if she is going crazy, has split personality or what with how it showed her looking at 2 different versions / copies of her self.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Pretty sure he meant the cliffhanger With Eilko / shadow. Since to me it isnt clear if she is going crazy, has split personality or what with how it showed her looking at 2 different versions / copies of her self.
I just took it more as a visual shorthand tons of movies do it after all ( ). I doubt she is having such vivid hallucinations and is still able to fight or keep the stuff she is involved in running.

I'd put my money on some pretty bad stuff having gone down in her backstory and her having dissociated to help deal with whatever happened.

Last edited:

DickMcFuck

Aug 13, 2019
more like a visual representation of her putting on a "people personality", i have that too but i dont do any gestures to put that on.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
more like a visual representation of her putting on a "people personality", i have that too but i dont do any gestures to put that on.
never thought about it like that that's what's great about AVN's like with this scene we all can interpret it differently.

Reactions: DickMcFuck

xyzyzyz

Feb 13, 2021
Android Port by Blackeye. with WT mod by aushtist

Size 818.4 MB

Consider Supporting
Visit for Ports of Other Games & Updates

Join Discord to know about new Ports & Updates

Cyrianu

Jul 4, 2021
dosenspezi and aushtist I'm curious how well my parsing of the paths in the game so far compares to yours (having released wt mods for this chapter). Would you be willing to take a quick look at these (and thanks in advance if you do)?

I realize they are abbreviated and some are just references to other scenes for brevity sake. I was looking for what paths gave the most available points for the given person, and some of the possible future unlocks which didn't appear to be in use yet.

4.70 star(s) 58 Votes