VN Ren'Py Fates Collide [v0.4b] [KatanaVN]

4.60 star(s) 59 Votes

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
After some thought, I removed it. You can pursue multiple girls for quite some time (even in many future episodes), but considering the amount of choices and that you might miss some scenes due to them I opted to remove it. Not to mention the very ending isn't harem planned, at least not atm.
There are quite a few questionable "harem" tagged games here and I would rather prefer it safe with tags than betray people's expectations of that tag. Hopefully this answers your question.
Ok, thanks for the reply.

Are there many LIs? Could the MC establish a romantic relationship with only one of them and avoid both the relationship and the sex scenes with the rest?

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
After some thought, I removed it. You can pursue multiple girls for quite some time (even in many future episodes), but considering the amount of choices and that you might miss some scenes due to them I opted to remove it. Not to mention the very ending isn't harem planned, at least not atm.
There are quite a few questionable "harem" tagged games here and I would rather prefer it safe with tags than betray people's expectations of that tag. Hopefully this answers your question.
Oh well, I liked most of what I played in the first release but with the harem tag removed there is no point for me to continue to play the game.

no harem = no fun

KatanaVN

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
Ok, thanks for the reply.

Are there many LIs? Could the MC establish a romantic relationship with only one of them and avoid both the relationship and the sex scenes with the rest?
There are 5 main ones, and a few side girls. If you mean will you be forced to see scenes from other girls? No, it is up to you.
Oh well, I liked most of what I played in the first release but with the harem tag removed there is no point for me to continue to play the game.

no harem = no fun
Sorry that the game is not up to your preferences then.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
There are 5 main ones, and a few side girls. If you mean will you be forced to see scenes from other girls? No, it is up to you.
It's nice that the MC can have a romance path with only one LI and romantically (and sexually) avoid all the others (main and side)

I'll try to see if out of the 5 LIs I'm only interested in one.

Reactions: KatanaVN

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Sorry that the game is not up to your preferences then.
The annoying thing is that it isn't the first time and will probably not be the last time a dev tagged a game as harem to later say it isn't a harem game. In the end, it's another false advertised game either because the dev changed his mind or simply has no clue about the tags.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
To avoid the scenes is it necessary not to have points with the LIs?, Or can you avoid both the romantic relationship and the scenes even if you get the points with the LIs?

I'm sure the first LI the MC meets, Koko, isn't going to be the one. Most likely, unless she has a fetish that I don't like, the only one that interests me is the redhead (for now I haven't met her in the game). So far I have given Koko some points (mainly for using answers that I liked best, not for the fact of giving her points)

Lebeaubrun

Oct 27, 2019
Worried about how much this story seems to want to branch out like how we can only see one girl at the beach, only a few at the club etc. A gallery that gives hints about what we miss would be great if you go the branching path. Personally prefer a more simple structure with the only choice being which scenes we wish to skip, also makes for longer playthrough and usually more coherant stories.

Reactions: Skylaroo

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Worried about how much this story seems to want to branch out like how we can only see one girl at the beach, only a few at the club etc. A gallery that gives hints about what we miss would be great if you go the branching path. Personally prefer a more simple structure with the only choice being which scenes we wish to skip, also makes for longer playthrough and usually more coherant stories.
hopefully there will be a mod that allow us to play every scene

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Well, the game isn't intended to be harem, so these kinds of choices are normal. Personally I hope that I'm only interested in one LI (the redhead) and focus on her and ignore the others as much as possible.

KatanaVN

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
The annoying thing is that it isn't the first time and will probably not be the last time a dev tagged a game as harem to later say it isn't a harem game. In the end, it's another false advertised game either because the dev changed his mind or simply has no clue about the tags.
Thanks for the input. I was basing it on some other games which in hindsight, might also be wrongly tagged. Lesson learnt. Apologies for the inconvenience! :giggle:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
It would be good to have a walkthrough to know what choices to make to advance as best as possible on the chosen path (Serena in my case). I don't mind losing (in fact I prefer not to have it) all the content not related to Serena. But I really want to have all the scenes of her (except, if there are, in which other LIs participate, those don't interest me at all).

On the other hand, the game has all the ingredients to be a very good harem genre. But, not being that, as I only see one ending, it's going to be Serena's.

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
This is pretty good. I'm really enjoying this game so far. I have found a few issues though:

There are a couple times it seemed like the MC knew things he shouldn't. The one I remember most clearly was him mentioning Serena by name (shortly before he notices the table with the rather suspicious crowd), when no one in the entire first chapter says her name out loud, as far as I can tell. Another was MC thinking something about Avis being annoyed at him for meddling, and her not wanting to be a damsel in distress. The way I navigated their first meeting, that didn't really come across, but maybe this is just me being bad at reading between the lines.

When Avis goes to look for her cat friend, if you decide not to follow her, you get teleported to her anyway, and she tells you to give her a minute. I believe the lines 3551-3563 (in the chapter 2 script) need to be indented 2 more steps.

The image "d1park22" is called twice in the script, but it's suppposed to be "d2park22". At least I assume so, based on it actually existing.

Finally, some random thoughts:

"I should get an alarm or something..." He said while looking at his alarm clock.

Also, damn, this MC is good at recognizing people. When he recognized "the girl from today", I only found out who she was by digging through the script. Turns out she's the girl who was leaning in the uni hallway that I didn't give a second glance. Go figure.

Reactions: KatanaVN

KatanaVN

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
This is pretty good. I'm really enjoying this game so far. I have found a few issues though:

There are a couple times it seemed like the MC knew things he shouldn't. The one I remember most clearly was him mentioning Serena by name (shortly before he notices the table with the rather suspicious crowd), when no one in the entire first chapter says her name out loud, as far as I can tell. Another was MC thinking something about Avis being annoyed at him for meddling, and her not wanting to be a damsel in distress. The way I navigated their first meeting, that didn't really come across, but maybe this is just me being bad at reading between the lines.

When Avis goes to look for her cat friend, if you decide not to follow her, you get teleported to her anyway, and she tells you to give her a minute. I believe the lines 3551-3563 (in the chapter 2 script) need to be indented 2 more steps.

The image "d1park22" is called twice in the script, but it's suppposed to be "d2park22". At least I assume so, based on it actually existing.

Finally, some random thoughts:

"I should get an alarm or something..." He said while looking at his alarm clock.

Also, damn, this MC is good at recognizing people. When he recognized "the girl from today", I only found out who she was by digging through the script. Turns out she's the girl who was leaning in the uni hallway that I didn't give a second glance. Go figure.
Thanks for the detailed report!
I will take a look at all of those reports, the first 3 being seemingly mistakes with my code. I didn't get these reports in beta but I also did some small changes just before release, might have been some blunder. Will be fixed in the upcoming 2.5 update.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
The game is definitely interesting. I think the characters have enough uniqueness to make them all feel different from one another. I'm especially looking forward to the Avis-Serena story and hoping for amicable conclusion.

But as mentioned by someone else, I'm a little worried about the potential branches too, but hopefully this is going to be tightened up a bit more in the future.

Fatcatson

Jun 27, 2020
it would be interesting to have a mod that lets us choose all the options so we don't miss any part of the story, for example in the nightclub where we can only make 3 choices and there are about 6 as far as I've seen, it would be nice for the mod to show the 6 scenes.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
it would be interesting to have a mod that lets us choose all the options so we don't miss any part of the story, for example in the nightclub where we can only make 3 choices and there are about 6 as far as I've seen, it would be nice for the mod to show the 6 scenes.
I'm more interested in a guide that tells me what choices I have to make to have the best possible outcome with Serena. But I guess most people would appreciate a mod like the one you describe.

Reactions: Fatcatson

KatanaVN

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2020
Hi everyone!
Sorry if I missed any messages, busy days.
Just a short progress post to share, as in where we stand at the moment. I would suggest people to check my to check for more details about weekly updates, but here are some recent remade images from Episode 1. (left is new, right is old)

d2park128.png d2park126.jpg d2park8.png d2park10.jpg avis2club16.png club200.jpg
Also regarding walkthroughs, no, I didn't have that in mind. At least not in the way people suggest. To make my own walkthrough mod is out of the question as I don't even know how to do it. As a more old school pdf file, I might, but definitely not yet, especially with current remake screens being done. Maybe somewhere after episode 3 release, if I manage to find time to make it properly.
Let me know if someone has some ideas or suggestions for Forum signatures, I would love to have for my own game. I don't know how to make them yet though or whom to contact :cry:

4.60 star(s) 59 Votes