Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
"Some dialogue dead ends and placeholder text need to be fixed"

6 months and there is still placeholder/dead end text. I expect that if the update was 1/2 months.
"He's doing a text-based game in Twine, those updates should be fired off EVERY month!"
It's amusing to see how divorced from reality people can be here.

Apr 3, 2019
Japanese devs seem to be able to put out finished/semi finished games based on RPG Maker (primarily) and Ren'Py (occasionally) every few months with art (usually character stills), animations (pixel animations or 3D based) and roughly the same amount of text as this game (yes, the whole game), as well as the same rehashed combat system that everyone does.

But somehow almost all of these Twine western games are stuck in development limbo (to say it lightly, because the scamming accusations are getting repetitive). I guess japanese devs have special courses to make lewd games and they have a framework and teams with years of experience...

...or maybe, I dunno, the fact that they only get money once they release it and it's sold is a good incentive.

robin312

Jul 6, 2023
"He's doing a text-based game in Twine, those updates should be fired off EVERY month!"
it's not a game, but a kinetic (that means without routes/choices) novel, basically a simple book divided into slides. and it requires in general the same amount of coding on this stage of development as an ordinary book.

so, yes. I expect that a guy who writes the same book for 7 years will be more productive. Or if he isn't capable of doing so, at least hire some professional writer to help him

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
I'm curious what about that statement makes someone "divorced from reality"...

Because this is a text-based kinetic novel (not a game... it would need branching paths and decisions that matter and make difference for that) with almost no graphic ouside the paper doll... putting out an update EVERY month should be the norm! And that is only because of that paper doll... without it for the amount of story each new update contain TWO WEEKS should be more then enough.

You do realize that this game is by now SEVEN YEARS old and we're still in very early stages of story... with close to a third of current content being written more then six years ago! Even worse, that in those seven years several other developers whose games you can find here that also work on their games alone (which Crush is not!) released multiple full games with fully rendered images and some of them even include animations?

So yeah, I really fail to see what is so amusing about expecting Crush to release and update every month and why would that be "divorced from reality"...

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
putting out an update EVERY month should be the norm!
I wouldn't be this harsh because writing even linear, regular novel can take time (and even the most basic VN has room for scripting errors and such which have to be potentially tested for, spotted and fixed) But yes, it is relatively easy kind of game to develop, one that can be produced at decent pace.

But then, that's a theory. In practice, if you have a look at how similarly amateur devs work on their purely text-based Choicescript games (and there's quite a few of them out there) you'll also see plenty of WIPs which can take multiple months between updates and sometimes more, and it still can take them 4-5 years to complete such game, if they even complete one at all.

3.50 star(s) 111 Votes