rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
This may be valuable data for those inspiring to make it on patreon:unsure:
Not surprisingly, most won't make it. It's not because they're not good, and not because their ideas are not good. Instead, they may find that they need to fill their days with things that they didn't expect, don't like, or have trouble doing at all. They may also find that the lull between startup and profitability will take too long for them. This is why I studied Crush (and some others) well before I did anything. I checked up on one of them (not Crush) after a few years. Everybody knows who it is but I won't say. Their game is hardly more progressed than it was 3 years ago, but they are successful. What are they doing? 1) Had a good idea. 2) Used some good visuals, either in the game or on Patreon. 3) Engaged with customers and continues to engage with them. I feel good, like I saved money by not subscribing to this unnamed person and then forgetting about it.

I only continue to subscribe to 2 Patreons at the moment. One is on about my level in coding. One is noticeably worse. Both are less active. However, I subscribe to them both because I personally like them. It's a factor not to be underestimated. People who interact well with others make money. Even highly skilled people who interact poorly--have a greater chance at failure.

SecondsSince

Feb 24, 2021
I don't understand why so many of you are getting upset about the delays. It's nothing new, right? Expecting different at this point is more your own issue than the devs imo. Also, pretty sure most if not all of us are getting it for free. Just do something different and have some patience. Good way to handle stuff in general...

berny

Jun 8, 2017
View attachment 2846811
Honestly, this is getting kind of hilarious. He just can’t do it
I'm only here for that reason. I gave up on the game a long time ago, but following this game's development has a certain fascination.
I know the logical thing would probably be to just ignore the thread and the game and never return but it's a combination of "old habits die hard" and a car wreck. You just can't look away.

Last edited:

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
I'm only here for that, I gave up on the game a long time ago, but following this game's development has a certain fascination.
I know the healthy thing would probably be to just ignore the thread and the game and move on but it's a combination of "old habits die hard" and a car wreck. You just can't look away.
Yeah, it's the same for me (from time to time).
Maybe it's the fascination of seeing someone making a lot of money on the line between a scam and legit work.

Reactions: berny

TheLoneDalish

Nov 12, 2018
God I hope he doesn't release it today, it would be so fucking funny.

Why the fuck people paying his Patreon go so easy on Crush? If it was free content for them I would understand, but those guys are financing this project, put the pressure on him for fuck sake.

Crush needs to either come clean that he spends most of the day scratching his nuts instead of working, or he needs more realistic deadlines.

Reactions: MrAnarchy
Apr 23, 2017
I don't understand why so many of you are getting upset about the delays. It's nothing new, right? Expecting different at this point is more your own issue than the devs imo. Also, pretty sure most if not all of us are getting it for free. Just do something different and have some patience. Good way to handle stuff in general...
Personally, I've got no more nervous cells to burn, so I'm totally unemotional towards FA and Crush. Pure technicality.

Delays and upsets and nothing new, yet they still sucks, just like viruses and sicknesses are nothing new, but they still suck. Henceforth, emotions. After all, we're not robots.

The fact that most people here getting it for free doesn't strip people of their status of "Potential customer", or perhaps a "Connoisseur of indecent Arts". Alienating potential client base is a bad idea, seen this happens way too many times, never ends well.

Me, I'm checking this thread after work and stuffs, when I literally have nothing else to do, I'm not even touching grass, I am grass, bro.

TheLoneDalish

Nov 12, 2018
The fact that most people here getting it for free doesn't strip people of their status of "Potential customer"
This is right here. I used to donate to his Patreon for a few months a couple of years ago after finding his game here, then I lost my job so I had to stop. Now I can't bring myself to go back to supporting Crush because I can't believe he works as much as he claims he does, and because of the constant delays. Dude has no consistency at all.

3.50 star(s) 113 Votes