ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Avatar rear view allows us to do things like spank marks, cum shots on her back or ass, and visible body mods like tramp stamps and butt tattoos. We're also adding new features in this update that include selectable facial features, varied bikini lines, and messed up hair/makeup.
I would apreciate it a lot if we can make our agent avoid tan lines (with a little help of the exhibitionist trait). I don't like tan lines and my female agent doesn't either.

Reactions: cellsase and Tanzie

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
I would apreciate it a lot if we can make our agent avoid tan lines (with a little help of the exhibitionist trait). I don't like tan lines and my female agent doesn't either.
As a tanline enthusiast, I would like the option to have them, but I would also like the game to have enough variety for people that don't share my view to avoid tanlines if they so choose...

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
Or maybe the way to use those "hypno flashbacks" lies elsewhere. What if their appearance was more random (I'm sure some kind of hidden skill roll could be devised), but they actually helped lower Stress when they appeared (meaning an agent who chose not to undergo hypnosis would have one less means of lowering stress than an agent who was hypnotized).
I have once or twice pitched for the Agent to discover a recording her shrink made of their sessions, which would unlock the ability to make hypno sessions playable.

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
I've always assumed that Dr. Campbell's hypnosis sessions had a much more sinister purpose, as if he had some other plans for you after the Bangkok mission. Clark might also join in at some point.:p

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
I've always assumed that Dr. Campbell's hypnosis sessions had a much more sinister purpose, as if he had some other plans for you after the Bangkok mission. Clark might also join in at some point.:p
I don't think one precludes the other: Dr. Campbell might've a sinister purpose, but the hypnosis might also have «beneficial» effects, like reducing stress, therefore allowing agent to be more willing

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Is there any bondage content in this game? - If so what kind (and what other kinks are catered too)
Check it out, it is fun to play. At the moment there is not so much content fetishwise, and you won't find any bondage stuff at all. But the way the story unfolds, it would makes sense to implement such stuff later, when the game really starts - the most awaited step to Bangkog. After all it is about an agent (how many times did we see James Bond held captive and having to escape? Only this time it is a sexy agent who is ready to use her assets, it is going to be nice) and going the stripper/whore route. Patience is the key, and this very nice game requires the maximum of patience one can bring up due to its very slow development. Come back in a year or two and there will be bondage, I bet.

Reactions: Crushstation

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
There is slow development and then there is this... chances of getting Bangkok content during 2019 are slim to none and chances of getting it in 2020 are only slightly better considering dev keep adding unnecessary features.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
There is slow development and then there is this... chances of getting Bangkok content during 2019 are slim to none and chances of getting it in 2020 are only slightly better considering dev keep adding unnecessary features.
You are totally wrong! There are many important details missing which are extremely important in an agent's life. Everyone who saw James Bond movies knows that it is a lifesaver to know whether a person is lefthanded or righthanded. If he kicks the ball with the right or left leg. The drink stirred or shaken? White or red wine with the fish - or even beer? Missionary, cowgirl or from behind? Spit or swallow? Hot pants or skirt, panties or go commando? Rolling Stones or Beatles? Tea or coffee? And so much more!

So you see, there is quite a lot to implement yet which will have a heavy impact on the story - before we even get to Bangkog. This game might become the second "Newlife", but still the basic idea is just great and the content so far is promising despite the strange accumulation of details which don't seem to make any sense.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
So you see, there is quite a lot to implement which will have a heavy impact on the story - before we even get to Bangkog. This game might become the second "Newlife", but still the basic idea is just great and the content so far is promising despite the strange accumulation of details which don't seem to make any sense.
I agree, the basic idea is rather refreshing and have a lot of promise. Hell, even things Crushstation is planning to do look good in theory. Which is what is the problem here... it looks good in theory, but in the end what we'll get is the game with so much grind that all of the other games on this site combined couldn't match. Yes, that grind might be polished but in the end it will still be grind.

I'm also fairly certain that improvement to NPC generator and Sex engine will require rewrite of "Lifepath" section and rewrite of "Operation Lioness" which will in turn require another rework of NPC generator and Sex Engine which will require... well, you get the point. Honestly, at this point I'm starting to loose hope that we'll ever see any Bangkok content.

Reactions: Tanzie and JasDoc

DinosaurUnion

Mar 14, 2018
Remember how every encounter is decided before you start with the fetish checkboxes, all the XPs toward languages, gymnastics, basket weaving mean literally nothing.

You don't even discover fetishes in the college encounters, you get whatever you ticked at the start.

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Remember how every encounter is decided before you start with the fetish checkboxes, all the XPs toward languages, gymnastics, basket weaving mean literally nothing.
The skills have been made available for writers to use in Bangkok. They can also affect your agent's stats: Gymnastics, for example, improves your agent's Strength and Daring. These currently have a minor effect (e.g. they make the agent more likely to pass Operator training; if the agent gets in a fight with Scarface during the Norway training mission, she needs to make a Daring roll to bite him), but again are available to use when writing Bangkok.

Without the skill system, in Bangkok we'd have to write all the quests in quite a generic way. One of the things I'm trying to get away from is the "choose your own adventure" model, where player choices lead to the same outcomes and randomisation is arbitrary, towards an "RPG" model, where the interaction between different characters with complex stats and a random element creates emergent outcomes.

You don't even discover fetishes in the college encounters, you get whatever you ticked at the start.
When designing these, my intent was to create sexy encounters that fill out the agent's sexual backstory – the wild shit she did (or nearly did) at university. Each one currently has three broad paths you can follow – the agent can be sensible/chicken out, or nearly go all the way (like a non Promiscuous agent can get topless and make out with the two guys in the bathroom at the party), or go all the way (if she has the right Kink).

I'm interested in your idea about "discovering" fetishes, can you expand on that a bit? The college encounters (Kink Vignettes) system is ready for more to be added over time (in fact, a fan started work on one set at a rock concert just yesterday!).

Reactions: Nymphonomicon

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
I agree, the basic idea is rather refreshing and have a lot of promise. Hell, even things Crushstation is planning to do look good in theory. Which is what is the problem here... it looks good in theory, but in the end what we'll get is the game with so much grind that all of the other games on this site combined couldn't match. Yes, that grind might be polished but in the end it will still be grind.
To me, "grind" is when you have to do activities over and over in a game in order to unlock new options. This is something I see quite a lot in adult games (e.g. you have to suck 100 cocks at the gloryhole before you unlock the ability to fuck at the gloryhole). It's not a mechanic I enjoy and I don't intend to implement anything like that in Female Agent.

If by grind you mean repetitive actions then yeah working in the brothel is going to be repetitive to a certain extent – the agent's shift there is going to involve a repeating cycle of stripping onstage, flirting with tourists until she can convince one of them to hand over a fistful of baht for a suck or a fuck, then taking the client to a backroom and getting him off. I know that you're in favour of glossing over these scenes, but I really think that glossing over the brothel scenes in a game about going undercover in a brothel is kind of like Call of Duty glossing over the shootouts. To me the real challenge is making the brothel scenes interesting and that's why I built SURPS, and why I plan to change the way the NPCs are generated and the Sex Engine works. It's all prep for Bangkok.

I'm also fairly certain that improvement to NPC generator and Sex engine will require rewrite of "Lifepath" section and rewrite of "Operation Lioness" which will in turn require another rework of NPC generator and Sex Engine which will require... well, you get the point. Honestly, at this point I'm starting to loose hope that we'll ever see any Bangkok content.
The NPCs and sex scenes in the Lifepath run independently of the NPC generator and the Sex Engine. We may revisit the Lifepath to give it an upgrade later, but that doesn't need to happen before Bangkok. LIONESS will get overhauled as part of the Sex Engine upgrade (since the 3 post-club sex scenes and the backstage casting scene use the Sex Engine).

The other thing LIONESS needs is a rewrite to take the agent's backstory into account – as @DinosaurUnion complained above, the choices you make during the Lifepath don't yet have any effect on the game – but I don't feel like that's an urgent task.

Reactions: Zurrlock

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
You are totally wrong! There are many important details missing which are extremely important in an agent's life. Everyone who saw James Bond movies knows that it is a lifesaver to know whether a person is lefthanded or righthanded. If he kicks the ball with the right or left leg. The drink stirred or shaken? White or red wine with the fish - or even beer? Missionary, cowgirl or from behind? Spit or swallow? Hot pants or skirt, panties or go commando? Rolling Stones or Beatles? Tea or coffee? And so much more!
I've read that writers often create very detailed backstories for their characters. Not all of this stuff makes it to the screen or the page, but the writer chooses which bits to bring out in the story. (It would surprise me if Ian Fleming did not know whether Bond were right- or left-handed, for instance, and Bond does express a strong preference for coffee over tea in one of the books.)

So you see, there is quite a lot to implement yet which will have a heavy impact on the story - before we even get to Bangkog. This game might become the second "Newlife", but still the basic idea is just great and the content so far is promising despite the strange accumulation of details which don't seem to make any sense.
The Lifepath is an attempt to let the player make decisions about their character's personality, preferences and prior life experiences (in a more interactive and hopefully engaging and fun way than just completing a massive questionnaire at the start of the game), like a writer creating a detailed backstory for their hero. The details are being accumulated so that Female Agent writers can make use of them in the future, and players can play the character they want instead of the one I pre-generated for them.

Crushstation

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Is there any bondage content in this game? - If so what kind (and what other kinks are catered too)
There is actually an interrogation scene where the agent is handcuffed and naked (to play this scene, join the agency as a case officer (US/Canada) or operations officer (UK, Aus, NZ). The bondage is non sexual, but we wrote it as a test for sexier future scenes obviously. :)

euthanasia.

Jul 17, 2017
I'm interested in your idea about "discovering" fetishes, can you expand on that a bit? The college encounters (Kink Vignettes) system is ready for more to be added over time (in fact, a fan started work on one set at a rock concert just yesterday!).
He probably means the MC should start the game without fetishes and as you do more promiscuous acts your character slowly develops a promiscuous attitude etc. I think it's a good idea too since it won't lock you out of all content since most of the kink content (like 40% of the game if not more) is just locked out behind a patreon paywall. Also it would make more sense for the MC to develop kinks as they grow up instead of starting the game with 'x' kink. Kind of like how it works in Free Cities however in this case you could develop multiple kinks/fetishes without losing others.

Also may I suggest an attitude or confidence level, like in The Company which changes if your character is sub/dom which in turn would affect sex scenes.

Reactions: Zurrlock

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
In one of my earlier posts when I talked about kinks that are similar to "perks", which reveal themselves by player choice, I was thinking of something like this...

1st page : You are presented with an event involving "rough sex"...

Option A: Go with it (Jump to second page)
Option B: Protest (Results in not getting the "rough sex" kink)

2nd page: You are being asked about your opinion about the event...

Option A: Loved it (You get the "likes rough sex" kink)
Option B: Didn't like it. (Results in not getting the "rough sex" kink)

Choosing "Option B" on each page doesn't necessarily mean that your locked out of ever getting that kink, you may still be presented with another event later on which gives you another opportunity to get the kink.

Also, choosing "Option B" might also give you a different perk (e.g. "doesn't like rough sex") which may have its own uses in the game.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
To me, "grind" is when you have to do activities over and over in a game in order to unlock new options. This is something I see quite a lot in adult games (e.g. you have to suck 100 cocks at the gloryhole before you unlock the ability to fuck at the gloryhole). It's not a mechanic I enjoy and I don't intend to implement anything like that in Female Agent.

If by grind you mean repetitive actions then yeah working in the brothel is going to be repetitive to a certain extent – the agent's shift there is going to involve a repeating cycle of stripping, selling her ass, then fucking the client. I know that you're in favour of glossing over these scenes, but I really think that glossing over the brothel scenes in a game about going undercover in a brothel is kind of like Call of Duty glossing over the shootouts. To me the real challenge is making the brothel scenes interesting and that's why I built SURPS, and why I plan to change the way the NPCs are generated and the Sex Engine works. It's all prep for Bangkok.
That is exactly what I mean... yes, agent's shift in the brothel will be repeating cycle of stripping, mingling with potential clients and fucking those clients. Problem here is that since you plan to introduce "suspicion" value showing how suspicious gang is of agent that mean she'll need to keep up appearances and fuck multiple clients during every shift. How many depend on how long her shift will be... for 8 hour shift she'll probably need take 4-6 clients and for 12 hour shifts she'll need 7-10 in order to avoid suspicion.

Since I don't think you plan for her stay in Bangkok to be under two months (and it will probably be closer to six months, if not longer) that mean that over the course of the game the lower amount of clients we'll have to deal with is anywhere between 250 and 600 (and that's just for two months of in-game time!). So we'll have to go over that amount of scenes that will involve one off character that won't be seen again and that don't advance the main plot in any way. I really don't think you can make them remain interesting for long before they start becoming a grind you skip over as fast as you can.

I know you may not think of those scenes as grind, and while they might not feel like it at the beginning they will became one soon enough. That is why I suggested you reduce scenes with generic NPC to a bare minimum and instead add scenes with scripted unique NPC's that represent repeat customers or a special customer or are somehow tied to side quests we get to open while working at a brothel.

Reactions: Eldar

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
The skills have been made available for writers to use in Bangkok. They can also affect your agent's stats: Gymnastics, for example, improves your agent's Strength and Daring. These currently have a minor effect (e.g. they make the agent more likely to pass Operator training; if the agent gets in a fight with Scarface during the Norway training mission, she needs to make a Daring roll to bite him), but again are available to use when writing Bangkok.
I must have played the game 20 times in its 1.4 iterations, and I have yet to fight Scarface; the most I get is to tell him to fuck off. What am I missing?

3.50 star(s) 111 Votes