Female Protagonist game lovers-Are you.....?

Fem-Pro lovers-Are you...?

• Straight Male

Votes: 1,084 66.7%
  • Straight Female

Votes: 129 7.9%
  • Gay

Votes: 23 1.4%
  • Lesbian

Votes: 72 4.4%
  • Bisexual Male

Votes: 189 11.6%
  • Bisexual Female

Votes: 129 7.9%

• Total voters

SpoiledPrince

Apr 23, 2019
Someone asked some posts ago why would a gay man play female protagonist games. The answer is very simple: you wouldn't be pursuing women and simping for a crumb of the pussy you obviously don't like, but being pursued by a variety of hot males.
In most straight male protagonist games you don't even get to see the MC, but a disembodied dick, a faceless non-entity, yet get bored by being shown every inch of female skin in different angles until you can pass a Gynecology PhD exam with your eyes closed. And that, my boy, is deeply disappointing (and a huge time loss, unless the plot is engaging enough to compensate for the burned retinas).

Reactions: Urbosa

johnreturns

Oct 13, 2020
Well, fantasy and perspective can be the same...as lesbian i dont want to see any dicks, in a game fantasy i can play a male protagonist and still enjoy the game for the story and/or the hunting girls aspect, but i cant play a female protagonist who gets fucked by guys...and in both cases i drop the game if i must see some guy fucking my girls...just like real life, i dont keep girls who fuck guys, it just disgusts me ;)
Squicks are squicks, I get it. There's a lot I'll experience and even vicariously enjoy in a fantasy that I won't put up with in real life.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
in a game fantasy i can play a male protagonist and still enjoy the game for the story and/or the hunting girls aspect, but i cant play a female protagonist who gets fucked by guys...
This pretty much.

I do enjoy male protag games, some of my fave games are male led however if I play female protag I do want to put myself in their place and make choices i'd make and that only involves other women.

Reactions: NukaCola

Sshar22

Aug 19, 2020
I'm surprised too.

Thou on topic:
give me a bloody good story/game and I play whatever
ex: Mass Effect 123, played bro shep, fem shep, lez shep, gay shep. Same goes for DAI

Cheers

Reactions: NukaCola

xxx3me

Jun 19, 2020
I didn't read the entire topic, so sorry if someone already said it.

What I think some people don't get is: female protagonists, sometimes, give the player a "control fantasy". At least for me, as a straight male, it was always like a "god game", where I make that character do this or that: be naughty or nice, corrupt or pure, etc.

It's not about "I would like to be in her shoes" - where much of this nonsense "those gays are gays" comes. It's "I want to see her doing this".

baxtus

Apr 15, 2021
With Female Protag games, I'm interested in Lesbian content (particularly situations where the other girls dominate the FMC)

Reactions: NanasBananas

wolfroxela

Jan 6, 2021
Just a quick note for game developers; I'm a straight woman (or female, whatever you prefer), and I really like female-protagonist that gives me the options. I mean, when I like a character that would be a bonus to have the option of continuing on a spicy paths with them, otherwise if I can simple have a normal interaction with them and move on that will be great.
For gamers here; I really like to develop a connection with characters, specially large size men and beasts and unfortunately I haven't been lucky in finding any good content on this. If you know any, that would be great if you can share them here with me.

Reactions: justcuriousyouknow

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
For gamers here; I really like to develop a connection with characters, specially large size men and beasts and unfortunately I haven't been lucky in finding any good content on this. If you know any, that would be great if you can share them here with me.
Have you tried the furry kitchen sink games? Corruption of Champions, Trials in Tainted Space, Lilith's Throne etc.
Very fetish-heavy, lots of gay (including m/m) and bisexual options so even though I can't point to any specific characters chances are if you can stomach the overall setting and presentation you'll be able to find some beastman hunks. All three games I listed technically allow you to play as a human female to my knowledge although you might need to savescum a bit in CoC to avoid RNG furry transformations.
Obviously go for the named NPC stories not the generic opponents, some of them have quite elaborate questlines.

Past that "+female protagonist -rape -corruption -no sexual content" plus filters for visual and engine preferences probably won't leave many games to test unfortunately.

• Red Heart
Reactions: wolfroxela
Nov 27, 2018
  • Red Heart
Reactions: wolfroxela

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Decidedly male, and I don't self-insert in any type of game. I've been put off by a number of games by male MCs that were horny idiots (Four Elements Trainer immediately springs to mind). I don't play these games for the male characters, I play them to see corruption of female characters. So seeing more of said characters and having a first-person perspective on the corruption is preferable. But I can enjoy with games where the male MC is a schemer and explicitly sets out to corrupt. Female would be just as good, but that's a rarity.

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
Straight male but I don't play all female protagonist games. If it's a whoretagonist type game it'll be ignored if you have actual choices where you can avoid whatever you want I'll play it and if it's a lesbian game I'll definitely play it.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Gay men here, but I can't get into any female protagonist game. Besides the obvious self insertion problem, they end being like the MC straight ones: just a fest of boobs and pussy taking faceless cocks, usually being the slut of town. I don't mind playing as that (in fact, most gay games play as the town's slut. My game is like that) but the bodyless cocks (or with a transparent/faceless figure) gets to me every time. Full lesbian games are an automatic skip for me.

And when I come across a japanese game, it's either, a rape fest of a woman with balloon sized boobs (or a loli) or it's a yaoi style game, which I can't stand. So I end avoiding the games with only fem protag altogether.

However, I could play one of these if only they had something like this:

If the game had bara-like men, I could consider playing it. But outside gay/bi games, you can't find them anywhere else.

Last edited:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Everything depends on the quality of the story and options the game offers to me. Gender that I play as doesn't matter.
I'm fine with being.. pretty much anything. Monster, alien, demon... talking pendant tucked in between a pair of nice tits.
IF it will be interesting for me to do so, i will assume any role.

dfhghhjukfghd.jpg

Last edited:

hkennereth

Mar 3, 2019
As a straight male, I usually don't mind if the protagonist in a game is male, female, futa, animal, vegetable, mineral, or anything in between: all that matters to me is having a good story.

That said, I usually avoid female protagonist games for one simple reason: they are still written as male power fantasies. I have nothing against a power fantasy in and of itself, I just don't want to play a game where the protagonist is a constant victim in their own story. Give me a game with a strong female lead any day, even give me a story where the lead keeps getting themselves into trouble, but when the girl you are supposedly controlling just goes around getting sexually assaulted every room they get in, and the only option you (sometimes) get is to not see that content, this game has nothing to offer me.

If you can't control the situation and have no option besides running away, that's not a game, it's a nightmare simulator.

wolfroxela

Jan 6, 2021
Have you tried the furry kitchen sink games? Corruption of Champions, Trials in Tainted Space, Lilith's Throne etc.
Very fetish-heavy, lots of gay (including m/m) and bisexual options so even though I can't point to any specific characters chances are if you can stomach the overall setting and presentation you'll be able to find some beastman hunks. All three games I listed technically allow you to play as a human female to my knowledge although you might need to savescum a bit in CoC to avoid RNG furry transformations.
Obviously go for the named NPC stories not the generic opponents, some of them have quite elaborate questlines.

Past that "+female protagonist -rape -corruption -no sexual content" plus filters for visual and engine preferences probably won't leave many games to test unfortunately.
Lustful Desires has lots of bara men
has but I think there's no sexual content as of yet
Teraurge - you can marry the dilf blacksmith (guy in the first picture) and have sex with some other large creatures

Also: https://f95zone.to/forums/recommendations-identification.104/
Thank you Sphere42 and justpassingbyreally for your suggestions. When I was writing my thoughts earlier I felt people are going to think I'm a dumb person, but it turned out, at least so far, this is a safe place to comment. I really appreciate your suggestions. I'll try them and if I find them interesting I'll DM you.

wolfroxela

Jan 6, 2021
Gay men here, but I can't get into any female protagonist game. Besides the obvious self insertion problem, they end being like the MC straight ones: just a fest of boobs and pussy taking faceless cocks, usually being the slut of town. I don't mind playing as that (in fact, most gay games play as the town's slut. My game is like that) but the bodyless cocks (or with a transparent/faceless figure) gets to me every time. Full lesbian games are an automatic skip for me.

And when I come across a japanese game, it's either, a rape fest of a woman with balloon sized boobs (or a loli) or it's a yaoi style game, which I can't stand. So I end avoiding the games with only fem protag altogether.

However, I could play one of these if only they had something like this:

If the game had bara-like men, I could consider playing it. But outside gay/bi games, you can't find them anywhere else.
justpassingbyreally suggested a few games earlier to me. I'm 30 min through Lustful Desires and so far it's been fun and about an hour through Teraurge and I really like this one too!

I 100% agree with you on "when I come across a japanese game, it's either, a rape fest of a woman with balloon sized boobs (or a loli) or it's a yaoi style game, which I can't stand".