ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
at the beginning it was considered good, but as it spread that kaspersky disproportionaly employed russian three-letter-agency people, users become suspicious. it also didnt help the detection accuracy grew bad and lots of things started slipping through.
I know those allegations about FSB, the problem is that their sources are exactly that the source for which the anybody who is Russian is automatically a friend of Putin, or if you prefer, part of the "evil empire" or of the "axis of evil", and has someone else pointed out, were caught red handed in some of their own snooping.
I am old enough to have grown in the Cold war (the original one), but I also know some techniques, and I am still young enough to have read books and even original documents on which the yare based that are not secret anymore and confirm that "our" side was definitively not more truthful than the other side.
Which also includes any "a priori". It's like some years ago the "smoking gun" for the attribution of an hacking was, according to a three letters from USA (no, not based in Virginia :)) the fact they found a word written in cyrillic.
It was a show of ignorance rather than a "court grade smoking gun", "cyrillic" cover alphabets with a common core of character but differences, used in countries as varied as Russia, Bielorussia, but also Ukraine (and for Ukrainian, not only for Russian), Bulgaria, Serbia...
Sorry, since I know this kind of conversation can get heated on F95, if someone wants to contest my post, be my guest, but I will not reply further, I don't want to end up contributing too much to an off topic conversation, or ending up in political conversation (I have nothing against them, but they are in theory forbidde on F95).

Reactions: Laxard
2.30 star(s) 4 Votes