4.10 star(s) 31 Votes

sheridan101

Oct 26, 2017
In which folder these files should be? I have also saves in old version and in new one. But in both versions I cannot find files named Savegame....vndata or something similar.
it used to save in user/$user/appdata/local but for some reason this update switched to appdata/roaming
but yes the file name is vndata

Botopa

Aug 18, 2018
It is a visual novel maker game. The images are encrypted with a key. You can find the program to decrypt in this post. You will need to use the keyguesser from the 1.2 version which requires python3.

If you dont want to install python you can also try to use the key I found yesterday in my post here.

Reactions: Taimant and nfb13

trifork

Mar 22, 2020
I can't even load into my saves anymore, it got slower and slower, and not it's just a full black screen on every single save file

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
I can't even load into my saves anymore, it got slower and slower, and not it's just a full black screen on every single save file
Perhaps old saves are not fully compatible with the new version. This has often been the case for earlier releases of the game.

nanar

Feb 8, 2019
So i have some constructive criticism for this update:
These endings seem very short, its like a trailer of what the actual ending should be in my opinion.
Other dartoz games have loooong nice endings that last much more. i know in this game there will be lots of endings but still.... 5 or 6 short endings cant compare. in good faith i hope this wasnt all the work dartoz did for this game because the amount of time it took seems a little bit excessive.
I dont want to be rude towards darktoz. I know his work is hard and especific but at the same time i cannot give a 10 out of 10 to an update that sincerely its more like a 6 or 7.
I do like the other content not ending related that was added. that seems good. but the endings are already appearing... does that mean we have 2 or 3 updates left till the game is supposedly finished??

Weta

Jan 27, 2018
Perhaps old saves are not fully compatible with the new version. This has often been the case for earlier releases of the game.
It's a problem with the engine that's been around for as long as I can remember. Saves bloat up and eventually become so big the engine won't parse them properly anymore.

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
These endings seem very short, its like a trailer of what the actual ending should be in my opinion.
Other dartoz games have loooong nice endings that last much more. i know in this game there will be lots of endings but still.... 5 or 6 short endings cant compare. in good faith i hope this wasnt all the work dartoz did for this game because the amount of time it took seems a little bit excessive.
I dont want to be rude towards darktoz. I know his work is hard and especific but at the same time i cannot give a 10 out of 10 to an update that sincerely its more like a 6 or 7.
I do like the other content not ending related that was added. that seems good. but the endings are already appearing... does that mean we have 2 or 3 updates left till the game is supposedly finished??
I think Darktoz has somewhat lost his inspiration for this game... In truth, he has never been working on it exclusively: first he was working on CbDE, and now on SoB. We must give him the credit that he is still making a good faith effort to finish MANTIS, but it is quite clear that his muse has been elsewhere for some time now.

Reactions: nanar

trifork

Mar 22, 2020
It's a problem with the engine that's been around for as long as I can remember. Saves bloat up and eventually become so big the engine won't parse them properly anymore.
indeed, all these saves are from the current version.
Is there nothing I can do?

Jun 10, 2020
Well, some of the endings we got in this update are actually indeed "trailers" of the actual endings. The futa one for example, will be continued in the next update. I didn't expect darktoz to give us half the ending but that's basically what he did, lol.

abadguy87

Apr 19, 2020
I'm trying to decrypt the images using VNMakerBasicDecryptor which I remember working in the past but I can't make it work this time. did the encryption key change? is anyone able to do it?

LurkerGuy

Mar 30, 2019
i think the endings for hannah and elizabeth is enough, tbh. same for the prison. those are 5 scenes each. the other ones are not endings, just scenes

but i would doubt that one mistress suddenly gets 15 seperate scenes for an ending, that is unrealistic to expect because there are just too much characters in the game to do that

FutadomLover

Apr 9, 2018
The new bodybuilder futa is the best char in the game so far! Shame she only appears in the prison ending but I'll take it!

Jun 10, 2020
i think the endings for hannah and elizabeth is enough, tbh. same for the prison. those are 5 scenes each. the other ones are not endings, just scenes

but i would doubt that one mistress suddenly gets 15 seperate scenes for an ending, that is unrealistic to expect because there are just too much characters in the game to do that
For now, but they'll be continued in the next update. I mean, I highly doubt the futa ending is just that one scene, given all the set up.

LurkerGuy

Mar 30, 2019
For now, but they'll be continued in the next update. I mean, I highly doubt the futa ending is just that one scene, given all the set up.
you mean the scene where the army does run a train on you or the futanari jailbitch ending? first one i agree, since they offer to take you somewhere. but prison one is finished imo

warrenitro

Aug 20, 2021
Same here, but it’s not just the old saves. Whole game runs so terribly slow on my machine that it’s barely playable ☹ Thing is the older version ran great, saves and all. I don’t know what Darktoz changed this time around but I hope someone comes up with a fix for it soon.

Reactions: Oedipe
4.10 star(s) 31 Votes