First ever render. Would like some feedback from you guys. Trying out characters to make a game, maybe?

aikiriu

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Finally got the hang of DAZ, took me a while to learn it, gave up like 10 times.
My first ever renders are bellow. :D

One of the models is futa. Can't get the futalicious penis to cooperate in colors(dunno how).
Spoilers in case you don't wanna see the futa.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After getting some advice from the people below I can say I've improved my scenes by quite a lot I think.
Thanks guys :D

Yoga girl

She caught us peeping!

Futa girl, a little improvement on the penis texture I think.

Last edited:

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
The background looks good. Nice lightning set-up that fits the sober and dark setting you seem to go for.

The girl looks sick though. The arm at the frontview looks alright qua skin color, but the rest is a bit greyish. Especially the face has a sick look. Like she is on chemo.

If that's what you are going for well done, otherwise I would look into maybe putting a bit of light on just her, or changing the skin itself a bit.

Reactions: 215303j and aikiriu

aikiriu

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
The background looks good. Nice lightning set-up that fits the sober and dark setting you seem to go for.

The girl looks sick though. The arm at the frontview looks alright qua skin color, but the rest is a bit greyish. Especially the face has a sick look. Like she is on chemo.

If that's what you are going for well done, otherwise I would look into maybe putting a bit of light on just her, or changing the skin itself a bit.
Honestly I don't know why that happened. I'll try playing with the lights a bit more to fix that.
Thanks that helps, I didn't even notice tbh!

aikiriu

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
"We'll fix it in post" :p

View attachment 531129

Hah, we do need more futa games... Don't give up! (11th time is the charm ha)

Around there are also some threads for tips, you can Google wordhere site:f95zone, if you cant find something more specific, like this or this.

To fix the img in PS, it was easy too. Not sure if there are any guides around.
I don't even have PS anymore it's been so long. But damn that looks so much better.
Any advice on how to change the penis color with futalicious because I'm kinda stuck here.

215303j

Well, let me start by saying I can't do what you did there.

But as a critic:

Outdoor scene:
- I really like the background, although I feel that the building completely in the back should be moreout-of-focus / blurry
- The girl does look sick... And I'm not entirely loving the model, especially the eyes are too big

Sex scene:
- There are clipping problems with the hands. The futa's right hand finger disappears but the other hand, as well as the hands of the girl don't touch the other character
- The position itself looks weird / not natural
- Neither looks like she's enjoying it. The futa seems angry, the girl seems bored
- Lighting is wrong / off

All in all, the outdoor scene looks pretty decent. The sex scene just has too many problems, especially (for me) with the posing and facial expressions.

Reactions: BigIrishLug

aikiriu

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Well, let me start by saying I can't do what you did there.

But as a critic:

Outdoor scene:
- I really like the background, although I feel that the building completely in the back should be moreout-of-focus / blurry
- The girl does look sick... And I'm not entirely loving the model, especially the eyes are too big

Sex scene:
- There are clipping problems with the hands. The futa's right hand finger disappears but the other hand, as well as the hands of the girl don't touch the other character
- The position itself looks weird / not natural
- Neither looks like she's enjoying it. The futa seems angry, the girl seems bored
- Lighting is wrong / off

All in all, the outdoor scene looks pretty decent. The sex scene just has too many problems, especially (for me) with the posing and facial expressions.
Well the sex one was a preset and everytime I tried to correct it something else broke xD.
Anyway thanks that was helpful. Currecntly working on something using your and others' tips.

• Haha
Reactions: Cul

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Don't fear to embrace the lightning and go crazy with it. Make scenes more contrast full of light/dark light sources and more stylish. So many daz games look the same and most of them are so dark and gloomy.
taking-a-break-cyborg-woman-fantasy-art-daz-studio-iray_full.jpg

aikiriu

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Don't fear to embrace the lightning and go crazy with it. Make scenes more contrast full of light/dark light sources and more stylish. So many daz games look the same and most of them are so dark and gloomy.
View attachment 531379
Ok that looks fantastic. I've been playing around with lights for like 2 hours trying to figure it out but the best I can get is a low gloomy light. The rest just looks like a low poly playstation 1 lighting game...

MHappy

Feb 21, 2019
The yoga girl looks good & has nice facial expressions. Her curves go well with her physique except for her boobs. Maybe make them a bit smaller & more firm. She'd look much better that way.

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
your art's not bad. my only issue is the models (the futa at least) looks pretty generic and out of the box. I'd try mixing multiple models together at a ratio that adds up to 100%.