VN Ren'Py Fleeting Starlight [Prologue v1.1] [Starstorm]

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
1666080416683.png

Overview:

In the Prologue of Fleeting Starlight (Subtitled Amaranthe's Solitary Night), you can follow the night's happenings just before the main game begins and meet Amaranthe, Nina, and Ben, who will play major roles in the story to come.

In Fleeting Starlight, you are a university student who has just moved to the town of Alton to continue his education. In this slice-of-life AVN, you will have the opportunity to befriend, hang out with, and seduce eight university coeds and explore the vast campus and surrounding streets while uncovering your world's secrets.

Find the most beautiful views in the city, chat up some girls, learn about their past, hobbies, and interests, and develop relationships with them, but beware of the approaching midterms! If you play your cards right, you might be able to get a little help...​

Thread Updated: 2022-11-08
Release Date: 2022-11-07
Developer: Starstorm - - - -
Censored: No
Version: Prologue
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Earlier versions:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - -
Android: - -
Mac: - -

Others: COMPRESSED*

Extras: Spanish Translation*
* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

screenshot0007.png screenshot0001.png screenshot0005.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0006.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0008.png screenshot0004.png prologue_intro_2.png

Last edited:

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
I like some of the preview images. Look nice.

One question though. In the description you mention "his". Though in the tags, it says "female protagonist". Does it mean he is a futa or gets transformed into a futa or a female character?

Regardless, this looks interesting. Will keep tabs on this game.

Reactions: Starstorm

Krystle Kris

Nov 16, 2019
So, is the entire game going to be like the prologue? A Kinetic Novel where you just answer some questions to an omnipotent god sometimes on the side? Or do those answers actually change the story?

Krystle Kris

Nov 16, 2019
I like some of the preview images. Look nice.

One question though. In the description you mention "his". Though in the tags, it says "female protagonist". Does it mean he is a futa or gets transformed into a futa or a female character?

Regardless, this looks interesting. Will keep tabs on this game.
Could be a translation thing. A lot of translators seem to default to 'him' even if it's talking about a girl, but the person you are following in the story is definitely a female.

Or, could be that later you play as this "Him" character, but we're just getting a glimpse into the background of one of the characters you'll be able to date. Would explain the more KN nature of this prologue too.

We'll have to wait and see.

Jul 19, 2020
Could be a translation thing. A lot of translators seem to default to 'him' even if it's talking about a girl, but the person you are following in the story is definitely a female.

Or, could be that later you play as this "Him" character, but we're just getting a glimpse into the background of one of the characters you'll be able to date. Would explain the more KN nature of this prologue too.

We'll have to wait and see.
No it's definitely the latter, the text is WAY too fluent in English to be written by someone unfamiliar with English pronouns.

The girl is not the game's protagonist, just the prologue's POV character. I was certain when Ben character told her a new student was moving tomorrow to complete their masters degree. The game description says the protagonist has finished their BA (A Bachelor of Arts) and is continuing their education.

feierflei

Protect pretty exhibitionists at all costs!
Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
No it's definitely the latter, the text is WAY too fluent in English to be written by someone unfamiliar with English pronouns.

The girl is not the game's protagonist, just the prologue's POV character. I was certain when Ben character told her a new student was moving tomorrow to complete their masters degree. The game description says the protagonist has finished their BA (A Bachelor of Arts) and is continuing their education.
tags.PNG

Yeah, the tags on itch.io don't mention anything related to yuri or a female protagonist either. So, I guess I just fell victim to unfortunate tagging :HideThePain:

Still, I wish Starstorm the best of luck with this project. Those are among the best Koikatsu "renders" I have seen yet.
Godspeed!

Starstorm

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
Hey! I'm the dev! I'm Starstorm!
I am unfamiliar on what to do, can I get control of the post here?

To answer some of the questions that cropped up - no, the main game won't be linear, there will be places to go and decisions to be made, and it will also feature a male MC!
This Prologue aims mainly to introduce some of the characters that will play major roles in the game and as a sort of tech demo, as the Ren'Py project already contains most of the features that will be required for Fleeting Starlight proper.
There are a lot of things I have planned (like yuri) for later versions, but the story has to get there first!
If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Last edited:

Starstorm

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
You can. Open a ticket to get the Game Developer tag, and while on it, ask the staff member for ownership of this thread (y)
Thanks, will do!
It's refreshing to see good writing and high quality custom KK content in a sea of abysmal AVNs filled with reused assets, awful grammar and typos every couple lines. Liking the characters so far, although the H-scene was kind of a tease more than anything. Looking forward to more!
Thank you!

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019

To answer some of the questions that cropped up - no, the main game won't be linear, there will be places to go and decisions to be made, and it will also feature a male MC!

Will it ONLY feature a male MC, do we pick our MC, or is it a multiple protag sort of deal?

ding123

Apr 5, 2019
Fix the tags otherwise more people will be disappointed when searching for tags and land here because of the wrong tags.
For myself i will just put this thread on my ignore list as workaround.