VN Ren'Py Fleeting Starlight [Prologue v1.1] [Starstorm]

Starstorm

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
Fix the tags otherwise more people will be disappointed when searching for tags and land here because of the wrong tags.
For myself i will just put this thread on my ignore list as workaround.
Fixed!

_tewi

Aug 4, 2020
Another game that removes the auto function for no reason -_- looks good otherwise

_tewi

Aug 4, 2020
Wait, is that actually something people use?
I removed it to make the quick menu less crowded, but I can easily readd it if there's demand for it.
I know it's a common complaint in games that remove the function, I keep a script on hand to plug into games that do it that re-adds it, but it's kinda ugly/ghetto looking so it's always better when devs do it since idk how to copy the existing quick bar style. But yeah, for me anyway, dialogue heavy games really benefit from it, sometimes I just wanna sit back and watch the dialogue flow...other times I'd rather have both hands available, I have an extremely large penis afterall, like most people here

Reactions: Otherguy2012

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Well for a slice of life well done.. but since it's a slice of life I got really bored quick. I can say those who like slice of life should love this one it is very well done just not my cup of tea.

Starstorm

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
I know it's a common complaint in games that remove the function, I keep a script on hand to plug into games that do it that re-adds it, but it's kinda ugly/ghetto looking so it's always better when devs do it since idk how to copy the existing quick bar style. But yeah, for me anyway, dialogue heavy games really benefit from it, sometimes I just wanna sit back and watch the dialogue flow...other times I'd rather have both hands available, I have an extremely large penis afterall, like most people here
Very well, I shall add it back in in the revised Prologue release

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
Currently in the process of revamping things based on feedback, here's the updated sky:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looks pretty good. Better then the random stars you get for most skies. Tho it makes it clear it's not the Milky Way. (That's actually what I hate most about the generic starfields you usually get. The sky does NOT look like that) What with there being no 'milky way' band across the sky. And just speaking as 'me'(nothing to do with game stuff, just my astronomy hobby), I'd be nervous to be able to see a star birthing region that clearly. That'd mean it was REALLLL close. As in extinction event close if one of those stars had a GRB (gamma ray burst) or went supernova.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Starstorm

Starstorm

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
Looks pretty good. Better then the random stars you get for most skies. Tho it makes it clear it's not the Milky Way. (That's actually what I hate most about the generic starfields you usually get. The sky does NOT look like that) What with there being no 'milky way' band across the sky. And just speaking as 'me'(nothing to do with game stuff, just my astronomy hobby), I'd be nervous to be able to see a star birthing region that clearly. That'd mean it was REALLLL close. As in extinction event close if one of those stars had a GRB (gamma ray burst) or went supernova.
I was looking for quite a while for some kind of galaxy picture online that had a high enough resolution, and then the JWST decided to bless me with Stephen's Quintet :)
I had to edit it extensively to get it working in Koikatsu, but I think it turned out pretty well in the end. I will be the first to admit that it's not even close to being scientifically accurate in its looks, but I did calculate the approximate angular sizes of the galaxies, and used those numbers when making the skybox asset. Keep in mind that it will appear in different sizes in game screenshots though, due to different FOV / zoom settings.

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
Currently in the process of revamping things based on feedback, here's the updated sky:
It took a few moments for your picture to appear in this post, so I honestly thought you posted an entirely blank, black sky to illustrate "bereft of the ... veil of stars" from the OP! o_O
e-d :)

• Haha
Reactions: Starstorm

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
So if I'm getting it right, the Main Protagonist is not the girl? I'm not seeing any Male Protagonist tags here anywhere. Moreover, is there gonna be harem? You said there's Yuri so I hope its extent are just near the Harem (if there is any) H-scenes. Unless, there really is an actual Yuri plot going on here then sadly I'm gonna stop playing then. Those stuff are not that interesting to me.

Make sure to succinctly put as many of your Planned Tags on the thread. Every single thing you think would apply must be put there, so people can finally clarify and ask some stuff on what your gonna do.

Others can fill in, though while I'm hoping they could come play and inspect this game. The fact is, that there is still so few details of future stuff planned in here might push others on looking upon this game.

I marked the game's name but I didn't bother playing at first, because of the few tags and other details still left unsaid. Took me months to finally play it this time, especially as the game only has 150 MB at the moment. I thought that I should just play it to finally get it off my backlogs.

Starstorm

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
So if I'm getting it right, the Main Protagonist is not the girl? I'm not seeing any Male Protagonist tags here anywhere. Moreover, is there gonna be harem? You said there's Yuri so I hope its extent are just near the Harem (if there is any) H-scenes. Unless, there really is an actual Yuri plot going on here then sadly I'm gonna stop playing then. Those stuff are not that interesting to me.

Make sure to succinctly put as many of your Planned Tags on the thread. Every single thing you think would apply must be put there, so people can finally clarify and ask some stuff on what your gonna do.

Others can fill in, though while I'm hoping they could come play and inspect this game. The fact is, that there is still so few details of future stuff planned in here might push others on looking upon this game.

I marked the game's name but I didn't bother playing at first, because of the few tags and other details still left unsaid. Took me months to finally play it this time, especially as the game only has 150 MB at the moment. I thought that I should just play it to finally get it off my backlogs.
Yes, the protagonist will be male, and there will be a harem route. There's gonna be yuri content but it will be optional if you want to have it happen at all.
I will add planned tags when I release the first version of the main game, because by then I will have... planned out manymore things than I currently have. For now this is only a prologue, so I only have the tags which apply to it, and not the main game.

I'm actively working on the map where the majority of the game will take place, and until that's completed I unfortunately can't start making scenes, so completing that is top priority at the moment.

I post more updates on stuff in the Discord server, and it's an easier place to reach me if you have further questions. Cheers!

Starstorm

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
Last Patreon post is from March. Any new updates?
For now I'm still in the preparation stage for the main game - making the map. There are regular updates on the Discord server, if you want to check them out. I've attached two of the previews.

Starstorm

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
Update on the map!
The campus, which is the last part of the map that needs making, is coming along nicely, I'm done with almost all modelling (this includes every building), just adding terrain now.
You can check the included screenshot for details, most of the roads in the first part are already placed.
As usual, there are more updates happening on Discord, if anyone is interested.

Reactions: Aslor

Starstorm

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
KK had a few shortcoming which I was all too keen to fix, so I delved into plugin creation for a while:
If you use KK you can get some new plugins from my .
Also released some mods: , updated Vanilla+ shaders (v1.4.3) ( )( )
These will help me make prettier stuff faster, hopefully making up for dev time in the long run.