Mod Ren'Py Completed Follow the Leader - Walkthrough Enabler & Scene Restoration [1.0] [LightmanP]

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
SuperWriter has added his own built-in walkthrough, so I've converted the mod to allow enabling this walkthrough via the quick menu and restore Anoushka's scene.

I'm marking it Completed as it should work with all future versions. If it's not due to some specific changes that would obstruct it in the future, feel free to let me know.

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
SuperWriter has added his own built-in walkthrough, so I've converted the mod to allow enabling this walkthrough via the quick menu and restore Anoushka's scene.

I'm marking it Completed as it should work with all future versions. If it's not due to some specific changes that would obstruct it in the future, feel free to let me know.
thank you~

STATE_

Nov 14, 2021

its not working with new update for me

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
You won't see the wt option if you overwrite the default quick menu with something else.
You can always do walkthrough_mod_enabled = True in the console.

Reactions: botc76

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
the option to activate the mod step by step does not appear in the quick menu as said in the post
OK, if you extracted and placed the mod into the game folder (FtL-0.10-pc) while game isn't running. Now run the game exe, and if the mod is installed properly...you should see at the bottom of your screen the word walk through...Now click on the walk through text to turn it green. (Green walk through mod enabled...white text not enabled as shown in the image.)
screenshot0001.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Prancing Pony

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022

Don't want to piss on anyone here but the built-in walkthrough is really not as good as yours was. With the old walkthrough we were given the exact number of points for each choice, and that was perfect. The built-in is just confusing and sometimes doesn't even work. A good walkthrough give good precise infos and I feel like that's exactly what the old one was doing and not the built-in one.

Is there a chance that you could actually redo it, please ? I mean I'm not begging, if that's a no I might do one for myself instead but just poking the elephant in the room here and say what most people seems to think, that the built-in walkthrough is not as good as the one we had before. Just so we're all on the same page.

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
Don't want to piss on anyone here but the built-in walkthrough is really not as good as yours was. With the old walkthrough we were given the exact number of points for each choice, and that was perfect. The built-in is just confusing and sometimes doesn't even work. A good walkthrough give good precise infos and I feel like that's exactly what the old one was doing and not the built-in one.

Is there a chance that you could actually redo it, please ? I mean I'm not begging, if that's a no I might do one for myself instead but just poking the elephant in the room here and say what most people seems to think, that the built-in walkthrough is not as good as the one we had before. Just so we're all on the same page.
I don't see a big need for it anymore. A lot of choices were simplified, so it's mostly just 1 correct or choose any now. And the dev will always know better what his plans are about choices, etc.
Thanks for the esteem, though :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tinuss

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
I don't see a big need for it anymore. A lot of choices were simplified, so it's mostly just 1 correct or choose any now. And the dev will always know better what his plans are about choices, etc.
Thanks for the esteem, though :)
So I looked up at the code and I understand that indeed it's mostly 1 correct choice, though it's only true for the last updates. For people who play or replay from the beginning, I find it better to know which choice do what exactly. One example at the top of my head is the choice to flirt with Ten from an early updates (forgotten which one but pretty early in the game). While it's good for Ten's path, I find it also good to know that it makes the player lose one point with Eight. There's some other examples like this throughout the game but for me knowing exactly what a choice does is what makes a good walkthrough. And that logo we get now don't give these informations. Plus there's even some choices that don't actually say what points we gain or lose in the new walkthrough, and some little things like we can't talk to all the girls when we're in prison. Anyway, overall I think that the need is still there, at least for people who love the game but can't or don't want to do a walkthrough for themselves.

I mean I love the game, and SuperWriter does a good job with the story and the model and everything. But for me the built-in walkthrough is just a mistake on their part. It's more confusing than helpful alltogether, and it doesn't improve the experience of the game for people who want the good infos.

I understand that you won't do it out of respect for the dev, though. I've already inspired myself with your old walk to make one for my own experience. So yeah, thank you nonetheless :whistle:

LastOne24/7

Dec 29, 2020
I installed it, clicked on walkthrough on the mini menu on the bottom, it turned green. I've gone through two choices in the latest chapter and there is no indication at all. Either it doesn't work, or the choices don't matter. Shouldn't it say that if that is the case?

Reactions: Roar Shark

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
I installed it, clicked on walkthrough on the mini menu on the bottom, it turned green. I've gone through two choices in the latest chapter and there is no indication at all. Either it doesn't work, or the choices don't matter. Shouldn't it say that if that is the case?
Same here. I will wait until it is complete and hopefully gets a working WT.

ghostch15

Mar 22, 2018
ok i hit the walkthrough on the bottom it turns green then pops up a screen asking for a patron's code ?

JustAnIllusion

Sep 26, 2019
Any chance this works with Sun Breed? Or maybe there is one in the pipeline specifically for Sun Breed? That'd be dope.