• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Fan Art Foot of the Mountains - Fan-Art

Terminatorgames

Nov 2, 2019
Mostly That yeah. I still don't understand how to handle interior light properly. Either everything is white or everything is black /D
Ok! About lights, for example, when i render in Melinda's bedroom, I create a plane by the size of the room, put it on the top, almost touching the roof,in surfaces i set his opacity to 0,0001 to make it invisible and set the emission to values that satisfy me, and i's done! It's a lazy way but it works!
When you do the render, just make sure he is selected to show in the scene! So there's nothing of art here like our partners, but it works!
Also, the lights on the roof and the lamps on both tables are not enough to the scene, you have to change their emission values!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: CosmoK and eriador

eriador

Mar 10, 2017
That room has lights as part of the package. Content Library, then find STZ_Bedroom_6, load the full scene, and in the STZ_Bedroom_6 Lights subdirectory you have Lamp_Off and Lamp_On (select the lamp in the room and then double click Lamp_On. Also you can create a light in the room: Top left menu Create then choose New Distant Light or New Spot Light, etc. Once you create the light, then select it and in Parameters, go to Light and then Photometrics, there you vary the intensity and light colour. Also, the room has windows so you could create a light outside and position it so that it shines into the room through the windows. There are also other ways of creating light (e.g. emissive surface). To see how the light you created affects the scene, go to Render Settings, Environment, Environment Mode. Ah, one more thing. When you are using a Camera view, select the camera, then go to Parameters, Headlamp, Headlamp mode. I turn off the headlamp. Effects of all of the above are best seen in NVIDIA Iray preview mode.
Ok! About lights i think Cosmok and Firefunk and Psico75 know much better then me, but for example, when i render in Melinda's bedroom, I create a plane by the size of the room, put it on the top, almost touching the roof,in surfaces i set his opacity to 0,0001 to make it invisible and set the emission to values that satisfy me, and i's done! It's a lazy way but it works!
When you do the render, just make sure he is selected to show in the scene! So there's nothing of art here like our partners, but it works!
Also, the lights on the roof and the lamps on both tables are not enough to the scene, you have to change their emission values!
Wow, Thanks for all the advices :)

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Looks Like Melinda has an idea for tonight program .

(It's like my 3rd render in DAZ any feedback is appreciated)

View attachment 904512
It's good. A few pieces of feedback:
1. Maybe she should be looking or at least glancing at Daniel? And/or walking towards him?
2. If Daniel's going to be in the picture, maybe a more compelling view of him? We can guess his expression but the black shirt kind of does nothing for me.
3. Experiment with camera angles and lighting, poses and facial expressions a lot. It will pay off.

Reactions: eriador

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
Previously on Foot Of The Mountains 1 Year later
updates from this serie will be posted here

FOTMR23.jpg

FOTMR24.jpg

no cash no content ;)
if you want the serie from the start you need to ask your mother for 6$

Deleted member 34473

Engaged Member
May 15, 2017
what is wrong from my lighting ???
View attachment 913942
hello, what do you use for melinda? try with fr lizette and mix with little alexandra and caroline ... you can also use only lizette and do a little manual modifications, also do a simulation, if you look closely the red dressing gown gets inside the skin, however good job, for the lights you will find many tutorials

Reactions: Terminatorgames

utuhkajung

Dec 1, 2018
I don't say your lights are wrong! Maybe you're rendering in low quality or low conversion rate, that´s why so many dots.
When you finish a render and you're not satisfied with the quality, before you save the render , increase the quality and the conversion rate on the render settings and hit resume button in the render window, so it will continue your render!
if you wish, may I be given the rendering settings for my VGA card only 500 mb

utuhkajung

Dec 1, 2018
hello, what do you use for melinda? try with fr lizette and mix with little alexandra and caroline ... you can also use only lizette and do a little manual modifications, also do a simulation, if you look closely the red dressing gown gets inside the skin, however good job, for the lights you will find many tutorials
I will try to do friends, do you have any suggestions how it should be so that this does not happen again

Deleted member 34473

Engaged Member
May 15, 2017
I will try to do friends, do you have any suggestions how it should be so that this does not happen again
if you use a dforce suit ... do a simulation, if you don't solve it, use the manual settings (there are the dforce tutorials ... follow them you will need them), usually this inconvenience happens after the installation, however in your case it was imperceptible, It often happens to me too, when I'm in a hurry I don't pay attention, we wait for other jobs, the more we are ... the more this section grows

utuhkajung

Dec 1, 2018
if you use a dforce suit ... do a simulation, if you don't solve it, use the manual settings (there are the dforce tutorials ... follow them you will need them), usually this inconvenience happens after the installation, however in your case it was imperceptible, It often happens to me too, when I'm in a hurry I don't pay attention, we wait for other jobs, the more we are ... the more this section grows
thank you for the enlightenment friend

utuhkajung

Dec 1, 2018
What is the cpu you use and how many RAM you have installed and how many free space do you have in your hard drive?
What is the windows version in your computer?
I'M ASKING THIS JUST TO KNOW HOW TO HELP YOU...
I use Intel core i3, my RAM is only 8 GB, the space left on drive C is 19 GB, and drive D is 30 GB, the window I use is Windows 7

utuhkajung

Dec 1, 2018
OK! SO THAT'S HOW IT WORKS!
As you said your gpu has only 500Mb so it's not enough to render the room, the lights and two people, i wold say 6Gb to 8Gb. So what i think it hapens is, your render starts with your gpu but immediatly turns to your cpu, because your gpu do not have suficient memory!
So it's not a gpu matter!
I'm at work now, tomorrow i will explain you better about render settings!
Thank you in advance friend, happy working for you

Reactions: Terminatorgames