2.70 star(s) 7 Votes

ENDU_MAKYR

Apr 13, 2020
Bro that's the first area in the game. When you get into the forest, the game literally shows what their weakness is when you hit them.

You don't miss with magic until certain bugs show up in part 3. If you're only going for physical attacks, the accuracy is bad intentionally because the game already said she's a mage and a mage doesn't go in for physical attacks unless she learns how to use a sword which you won't get until after you get past the first area.

The area around Ari's house is a tutorial. You grab what you need and rush back to the house. You can run away if it gets obnoxious. You're also supposed to learn the spells from the weapons and then equip something else. The forest area is weak to fire. The plants at the end of the forest are bs because you're supposed to spam fire before they get a chance to actually do stuff. You're also supposed to run away from the worm because multiple NPCs literally tell you its too strong with what you currently got (like in Xenoblade if you try to fight the LV 80 enemies in Gaur Plain upon entering the area). And the game gives you a map to show where you are. To be able to get out of the forest, you literally have to find the 5 poor souls that have got themselves in trouble AKA going off the beaten path.

And yes in early game, doing the request of the villagers is not optional. The church guy gives you the cleric and the witch gives you the mage after you give her 20 apples (which you can literally steal them around the village to avoid going back into the apple forest.

The puyos all have one elemental weakness and then take almost no damage to anything else.
I'm aggravated that you're probably right, but I'm not going to bother again with a game with which the only experience I've had is fury and apathy.

EDIT: Now that I've bothered myself with this game again, I've learned a few of your words are incorrect. Magic can miss. The Puyo do not all have one universal weakness. Green puyos are weak to ice, whilst blue puyos are weak to fire. Like, two puyos are guaranteed to dodge your magic and physical attacks. All the time. Also, the game freezes at the most inopportune moments, but that's just misfortune.

EDIT 2: It's the Score Puyo who are guaranteed to dodge — EVERYTHING.

Last edited:

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
I'm aggravated that you're probably right, but I'm not going to bother again with a game with which the only experience I've had is fury and apathy.

EDIT: Now that I've bothered myself with this game again, I've learned a few of your words are incorrect. Magic can miss. The Puyo do not all have one universal weakness. Green puyos are weak to ice, whilst blue puyos are weak to fire. Like, two puyos are guaranteed to dodge your magic and physical attacks. All the time. Also, the game freezes at the most inopportune moments, but that's just misfortune.

Afaik from my own playthrough of the game, the Score Puyo simply has insanely high evasion chance, as you're meant to use one of the rare means of Guaranteed Hits (that would bypass that chance).
I think there was a magic / weapon that would be able to do that.

This game is the type that has some interesting mechanics, but not overly developed in some ways. Personally, I didn't bother much with the game (beyond its Review) since it had barely-average gameplay, and not much erotic content.

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020

I know the puyos all have one elemental weakness. They are just 5 different colors and all have an elemental weakness.

Blue = Fire
Red = Ice
Green = Ice
Yellow = Fire
Purple = Light

And this applies to the bigger puyo later on.

The black one is the EXP one and its all luck on hitting it. Sense hitting it early game is near impossible, I just ignore it sense its not worth trying to deal with it. When you do have the skill that guarantees a hit, it's not even worth the EXP at that point.

The rock puyos show up later which does change their weakness. And the puyos will eventually have censor bars on them showing they're stronger but still have the same weakness.

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
The erotic content happens AFTER you get out of the FIRST forest area. The forest area only has 3 bad endings. Once Ari fights the human enemies, then there's more h-scenes. The bad endings are mostly achieved through losing but there are as many of them that result in you not equipping the right item at the right time, doing a certain code wrong and getting caught when the game becomes stealth based.

And the game being hard at the beginning is just so people stop playing before it gets good because the first area can be a game in itself.

ENDU_MAKYR

Apr 13, 2020
The erotic content happens AFTER you get out of the FIRST forest area. The forest area only has 3 bad endings. Once Ari fights the human enemies, then there's more h-scenes. The bad endings are mostly achieved through losing but there are as many of them that result in you not equipping the right item at the right time, doing a certain code wrong and getting caught when the game becomes stealth based.

And the game being hard at the beginning is just so people stop playing before it gets good because the first area can be a game in itself.
So I'm at the second chapter, or some part after the beginning forest, and I've stumbled on a roadblock. The enemies hit harder. Do I merely power-grind until they become irrelevant or is there something else to do?

2.70 star(s) 7 Votes