The_Protagonist_Ugh

Dec 9, 2021
I heard something about a remake, and apparently it was 55% done. That was years ago though, so now im wondering: Is this a demo for that remake?

TheYezi

Jul 6, 2022
In this version if u don't press Q it will run slowly but note that you can jump high.
Now if u press Q somehow the game runs smoother in a price that u can't jump high anymore.

Zane Carlson

Sep 22, 2023
TheYetzi
Someone said that might be because if the game operates faster the inputs get detected differently.

As for the slow game someone else noted it might come from the water fall breaking framerate.

joshex

Jan 12, 2019
TheYetzi
Someone said that might be because if the game operates faster the inputs get detected differently.

As for the slow game someone else noted it might come from the water fall breaking framerate.
yep that was me. as a wannabe game dev I make educated guesses about games based on my own experiences in making stuff. I'm fairly confident in them.

the waterfall utilizes an interesting system for it's generation, not sure if it's a particle effect that has had a raster graphic attached to it, or if he really set spawner objects to load copies of the multiple waterfall drop objects in a specific order, but it's definitely a whole bunch of different objects on screen at once, we are talking hundreds of objects all with a specific set of animation frame and movement cycle. so thats what's sapping the speed out of it.

it really is an interesting concept. but.. it's only for closeup stuff and should probably be offloaded from memory when not in view. it seems as though it is already offloaded from memory when not in view, we call that process Occlusion. but yeah, he'll eventually need to limit it to alot less objects/particles to accomplish that same effect. I suggest doing Rows of the various water droplets as a single object with a single polygon, he can use repeating textures for the drops themselves to span the width of the waterfall, and a stencil image with alpha transparency wherever he does not want a water droplet. this way instead of hundreds of objects, it'll take it down to like 20. it will however make it less dynamic, but it'll loop.

The HOP instead of jump when the frame rate is maxed is more easily explained as a "frame skip" being applied to the engine to achieve faster speeds, but when skipping frames you are also skipping actualization of code and physics force/and linear velocity based on input sensors (like a key being pressed or held).

so even if the input sensors are set to fire once per frame if you skip a frame or 2 then that's a frame or 2 that the input sensor is not being detected this causes a break in the consistency of the application of the force and linear velocity of the jump, which causes it to fail as a mere hop.

fixing that will be more difficult. I honestly can't think of a clear fix without having a different amount of force and linear velocity applied per frame when frame skipping is active, than when it's not active. but the problem being inertia, once you stop applying force to something it usually becomes harder to continue the motion you intended requiring alot more force, sometimes way too much, to achieve the same output as if you never stopped applying the force.

.. it /may/ be able to be fixed by applying a negative input sensor for the same key and having that be nesessary to disable the jump physics' actualization, but at the same time, if because of frame skip the engine is seeing a frame gap where the key was not pressed, then this method will not work.

• Wow
Reactions: Kisama33

Zane Carlson

Sep 22, 2023
joshex
This is a feature that wont stick.
It most definetly stay as a demo only mode and therefor doesn't need fixing.
But the waterfall slowing the game down?
THAT is a must fix!

Galgramax

Aug 7, 2018
Oh sweet, I never expected there to be any continuations of this game, so that's fun. My main question is... What on earth are the controls for this demo? Are grabs just flat out inescapable? If you lose and it just goes to a black screen, can you restart at all or do you just need to close and reopen the program? I guess it's a demo for a reason.

Reactions: bwardyunbip

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
Oh sweet, I never expected there to be any continuations of this game, so that's fun. My main question is... What on earth are the controls for this demo? Are grabs just flat out inescapable? If you lose and it just goes to a black screen, can you restart at all or do you just need to close and reopen the program? I guess it's a demo for a reason.
From previous experiences of other members apparently you can't escape them, you can use F5 to restart the game.

Code_V5

Oct 16, 2020
is there anything to do in the new demos, beside fuck and get stuck one one monster, or is there a way to get out for most of them?

Last edited:

domigera

Aug 14, 2019
there are currently 3 differents version of the game : the part A & B was made a solution to get around the engine's limitation that couldn't handle the amount of characters. The new one is a remake & currently on alpha phase, so mechanics are subject to potential changes.

jetalpha

Aug 11, 2017
for the link mega above ( page 168 - Noble Kind )

I downloaded them all for the fobs remake, tested them all and sorted them to keep the latest update, (many following repeats, update sequences with additions ......
the ones I'm going to tell you to download are all the games with all the existing monsters, such as example :
FOBS1128
FOBS1228

normally, it's logical to say that 1228 is the new upadte than 1128 and should be deleted, but that's not true, strangely enough, one monster, alraune, has disappeared in 1228, and it's the same for the other games, either there's an extra monster or some have disappeared, or another animation mode or that the other hasn't .....

here's the list of what you need to download ( only FOBS of course ) so that you have all game monster girl and for your information, the """Demo mashira (Remake) battle""", you must downlade the 2 game ( if you will the fight ):
the game that doesn't have the boss fight has two animations and won the best kappa and the fastest animation
the game that has the boss fight has a new combat mode, very well done and of course, the kappa is very slow

1720349238433.png

Last edited:

Zane Carlson

Sep 22, 2023
Are grabs just flat out inescapable? If you lose and it just goes to a black screen, can you restart at all or do you just need to close and reopen the program?
It only blackscreens you if you run out of HP then pressing any button besides F5.
I mean the UI even displays F5 once you reach that point.
How do so many overlook that part? :unsure:
(side note even on blackscreens you can still press F5 to restart the program without closing.)

4.40 star(s) 15 Votes