Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017

Looking like it's something related to direct X, which may involve reinstalling/updating graphics card, or reinstalling/updating Direct X.

if all else fails google/search engine other solutions with this copy paste:

The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_39.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

BuPa

Aug 21, 2017

I posted a solution that worked for me earlier in the thread:
I had the d3dx9_39.dll and (0xc000007b) issues, and it's taken me a good three hours of steadily growing insanity and bullheadedness, but I think I've managed to finally grasp and (so far, at least) solve them!

The answers in this thread and on google were almost no help. Downloading the dll in question and putting it in either the game folder or my SysWOW64 folder got rid of the d3dx9_39.dll error, but it was then replaced by the (0xc000007b) error. Installing the latest .NET frameworks did nothing, changing DPI settings in the compatibility section of the exe's Properties did nothing, installing and attempting to use Locale Emulator did nothing, and a number of other suggestions (mostly from googling, but a few here as well) of what to try seemed too off the mark for me to attempt them given how high-effort or even potentially damaging they sounded.

So, the problem – as I understand it from further research, anyway – is that FOBS is looking, very specifically, for a d3dx9_39 dll, which belongs to a specific version of DX9. I have DX12, but going into my SysWOW64 folder, it's apparent that my installation also came with DX9, 10, and 11. But my relevant dll there for the DX9 installation is 'D3DX9_43.dll', from some later version of DX9 than what FOBS was expecting to find. I assume that just pasting in the _39 dll I downloaded fixed FOBS's "find the expected file" problem, but that the _39 dll was somehow incompatible with my actual, more up-to-date _43 installation.

Thus, my solution: go to your SysWOW64 folder, find your particular d3dx9_## dll, place a copy of it into your FOBS game folder, and then rename that copy to the expected 'd3dx9_39.dll'.

Doing this has at least gotten me to the title screen, so it's more progress than anything else has managed to give me. Hope this helps anyone still struggling with either of those issues.
Best of luck if that doesn't fix it for you.

Baltidouble

Apr 21, 2020
I mean, there are monthly uploads about Shiro no Yakata, but not on Zell's blog.

I would like to remind you that the last actual update of ANYTHING was a whole 3 months ago, with a blog update a month ago being him losing his game download site. At this rate, Milfy City is going to be completed before one of his games is done

Heckerman

Jun 26, 2020
As Balti has linked, AnswererUnity's ci-en (the guy who worked with zell to make SA) is also working on Shiro no Yakata, which gives us the idea that it'll be a better game to play than if it was made on Gamemaker like fobs.
Latest update, today, goes over the base system and things you can do daily, a bit about the AI, and items that you can pick up or craft.

As for fobs, zell is still working on it - remaking it. redoing ALL animations from the start, as he has pretty much already done the forest, redone some gameplay elements, and the update today adds back in the forest boss's fight, as well as the updated panel animation(?), though it also has about 5 girls that AREN'T in normal fobs, too. It also has monthly updates, on the 27th each month so far.
The latest version i've been able to find, though, is July's.

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Gamemaker like fobs.
FOBS was made in 2D Fighter maker 2nd.
If it was made in Gamemaker our lives would be so much better.

AnswererUnity's ci-en (the guy who worked with zell to make SA) is also working on Shiro no Yakata, which gives us the idea that it'll be a better game
Well sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but apparently SnY is going into a more actiony direction due to Answerer's influence.
The other kid character who was getting raped by unknown is also going to be removed for a solo protagonist.

Answerer is more into male dominant sex, and prefers his monster girls much less monstrous so his influence is definitely gonna be felt in SnY now.

Sep 4, 2017

Well sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but apparently SnY is going into a more actiony direction due to Answerer's influence.
The other kid character who was getting raped by unknown is also going to be removed for a solo protagonist.

Answerer is more into male dominant sex, and prefers his monster girls much less monstrous so his influence is definitely gonna be felt in SnY now.
Sad....just sad...

Heckerman

Jun 26, 2020
Coulda sworn it was Pixel-gamemaker something, but I guess I got confused between them all. Thanks for pointing that out.

Drat.
It looked like it still had some of the games original integrity from the posts on ci-en, but if you're right, that gif on the latest post with the pink rabbit thing looking like an SA enemy makes a lot more sense.
Can only hope zell doesn't let Answerer mess it up too much.

Reactions: bwardyunbip

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

This is a tragedy, maledom of all things *Shudders*.

What is that, girl rolls onto her back and pulls MC on top of her to make him climax?

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017

What is that, girl rolls onto her back and pulls MC on top of her to make him climax?
To be fair, there is some femdom mixed in if we're talking succubus affection (since that seems to be the way of gameplay/story/way characters are going to be done going forward), some of it's even in the win scenes, mostly in the lose though.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019

Why is everyone focused on that part? The game's gonna be 90% female leading for sure. Art for most enemies is already done. I'm talking about design and general influence.

Also FOBS has a lot of male dominant stuff. Yamabiko, Thief cat, prison girl, Ass puzzle, Gargoyle, sheep and more. Hell SnY already has a few even w/o Answerer's influence.

What I'm worried about is the mentality affecting the gameplay, like needing to fuck the girls to capture them which wouldn't fit in this style of game.

4.40 star(s) 14 Votes