Baltidouble

Apr 21, 2020
So now that the demo is posted, anyone knows if these places are just dead ends or are they actually accessible?

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
So now that the demo is posted, anyone knows if these places are just dead ends or are they actually accessible?
After finally playing this, it seems to be another test build, pretty much the ability to fight some enemies, and do the sex animations with them, some old, some new never before seen.

No double jump which is what you would need to progress through that platform part, and no hammer to progress through the rock part. (this is me using my knowledge of the abilites from the original versions of the game.)

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Looking good!
The future of Shiro is pretty black, but FOBS's remains blue.

It's pretty barebone, but the new animations and the maps look really better. I wouldn't mind a copy/paste of good old FOBS just like that. Let's throw some salt to ward off any Ansala from this potentially great game.

Kinrad

May 19, 2019
Looking good!
The future of Shiro is pretty black, but FOBS's remains blue.

It's pretty barebone, but the new animations and the maps look really better. I wouldn't mind a copy/paste of good old FOBS just like that. Let's throw some salt to ward off any Ansala from this potentially great game.
Honestly, better off to just ready some sticks, torches and pitchforks and just hunt them down to not taint our fetishes with their petty maledom...

P.S This is JUST A JOKE.

Baltidouble

Apr 21, 2020
Shiro no Yakata was interesting to me because of the ambience and and the horror content, but if they are doing basically a Succubus Affection spin off with different characters, it would not feel the same. I liked the plot of the game, being captive in a mansion deep in the forest was attractive, but now I feel that if the game remained horror oriented it would be done by now. As they had to change the genre of the game, I think that is the reason why the game is taking longer than expected. It will be a great game Imo, but it is going to be sad that the thing we got in the demos is now different. Just my opinion btw

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
I tried my luck a month or so ago to reach out to a MonsterGirlsUnlimted forum member for the discord info, no dice aka no reply on steam (only thing I could find, I don't blame him, I'm a rando on the internet).

So I figured I'd ask here, does anyone have the discord for MonsterGirlsUnlimited's discord? or other similar discords/websites?, specifically looking for MonsterGirlsUnlimited, since that's where the FOBS guide is, and the website is down and I can't find either if they transferred somewhere else or if there's another site with a similar/or copied guide.

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Awww :( What am I gonna do with all this gazolene?

I don't care about sub or dom or switchever. I just want(ed) a good game.
Why did you lose hope then? If you don't care about the sexual content focus, what part of the new news has dissuaded you from the future of the game?

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Gas hoarder confirmed lol
Beats toilet paper hoarding if you ask me.

I don't know much, but I know this:
- Zell was the sole dev for FOBS. It's fun, puzzles are clever, controls are reactive and use few keys, collisions are handled just fine.
- Ansala was the dev for SA. It's slow, there's pointless shota, stats get broken after a few salads, controls and physics suck, there's no sense of challenge, and translation is worse than no translation. The only saving grace is Zell's art. Zell was only the artist, in case that simple fact was forgotten. I wish I knew how much Zell earned from SA, compared to Ansala.

But enough pessimism. We won't know until it's out. But we can expect way less information, or behind paywalls, with Ansala lurking around now.

• Haha
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
you know it was just MTL and didn't get an official translation until a little while ago, right?
I didn't. Not to keep kicking dead horses, but the early Steam version gave my eyes and brain cancer. I'm not keeping track of, much less touching that game again.
But well, that was my least important point by far. And Ansala can only get better, the way I see it. I'm looking forward to having a reason to think otherwise: I'd love SnY to be a good game in the end.

Let's forget about non-Zell works, and get back to FOBS? SnY won't have a thread in a while anyway.

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
I didn't. Not to keep kicking dead horses, but the early Steam version gave my eyes and brain cancer. I'm not keeping track of, much less touching that game again.
But well, that was my least important point by far. And Ansala can only get better, the way I see it. I'm looking forward to having a reason to think otherwise: I'd love SnY to be a good game in the end.

Let's forget about non-Zell works, and get back to FOBS? SnY won't have a thread in a while anyway.
That first translation wasn't the steam translation.

There were 2 translations. One was done by English DLsite. That one was awful. I'm pretty sure it was mostly MTL, and it even missed some text. The other one was done by the publisher Kagura games. This translation was the steam release. This translation is great and has no issues whatsoever.

Have you played the latest Pixel Gamemaker version of FOBS? It's still just a CG viewer and not a game (and it's full of bugs.) I don't think Zell has any interest in being a solo dev anymore.

Code_V5

Oct 16, 2020
did zell consolidate the a and b versions into one demo, and does anyone have a walkthrough and control scheme of the 1128 version?

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
did zell consolidate the a and b versions into one demo, and does anyone have a walkthrough and control scheme of the 1128 version?
If what you're talking about is what I think you're talking about, then
1: I... have no fuckin idea. Most of the enemies are completely new ones, and if they aren't I've only seen them in A.
2: No walkthrough, it's essentially just an animation gallery with very limited exploration. And the controls are basically the same, but masturbation is unlocked from the beginning and hitting space will reset you to your house if you're in an H-scene I believe.

4.40 star(s) 14 Votes