VN Ren'Py Foster Home for Fantasy Girls [v0.3.8 Final Frontier] [CardinalRed & Tired Txxus]

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

Zekethor

Feb 25, 2018
wow I discovered this game yesterday, it's amazing, engaging story, characters with different characteristics, beautiful erotic scenes, I find all this anger of the main character particularly interesting, which is usually built perfectly in the stories, but this one changes along, it's clear the suffered brainwashing, I leave it as a suggestion since the ""orc"" has a big tongue who knows in the future she can do a rim... ahem to mc, good you know haha, well this game has a future!.

Reactions: Boardguy and Txxus

Txxus

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2017
wow I discovered this game yesterday, it's amazing, engaging story, characters with different characteristics, beautiful erotic scenes, I find all this anger of the main character particularly interesting, which is usually built perfectly in the stories, but this one changes along, it's clear the suffered brainwashing, I leave it as a suggestion since the ""orc"" has a big tongue who knows in the future she can do a rim... ahem to mc, good you know haha, well this game has a future!.
Glad you enjoyed it, it has been a lot of work. This would be a nice review. Wink wink.

Reactions: Zekethor

majdaddin

Nov 29, 2019
This is not a VN... A VN doesn't require doing the same action 20 times to move forward. I don't know if it's a sandbox, but it's definitely not a VN.

Reactions: wiwem71072

majdaddin

Nov 29, 2019
So Wizard Climber, Black Bunny, Kamidori series, Venusblood series aren't VNs?
Interesting take.
Isn't that what a VN is? That you don't have the repetitive 'gameplay'? What's the difference between games with and without the VN prefix? If it's an adventure game, it's not a VN. A VN is simpler. Maybe I just don't know what any of these terms mean. Where's the dictionary?

To answer your question: yes, those aren't VNs. A VN doesn't have turn based combat. If that's a VN, I don't see how some games aren't.

Txxus

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2017
Isn't that what a VN is? That you don't have the repetitive 'gameplay'? What's the difference between games with and without the VN prefix? If it's an adventure game, it's not a VN. A VN is simpler. Maybe I just don't know what any of these terms mean. Where's the dictionary?

To answer your question: yes, those aren't VNs. A VN doesn't have turn based combat. If that's a VN, I don't see how some games aren't.
It's really not that important to me. I'm just trying to make a good game. If you played the game and were expecting something else due to the tag, all I can do is apologize that you had a bad experience.

majdaddin

Nov 29, 2019
It's really not that important to me. I'm just trying to make a good game. If you played the game and were expecting something else due to the tag, all I can do is apologize that you had a bad experience.
It's not important, but tags/prefixes are meant to be useful. Either I'm misunderstanding what VN means on F95, or this should have the VN prefix. My complaint isn't about your game, it's about it's metadata.

Txxus

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2017
It's not important, but tags/prefixes are meant to be useful. Either I'm misunderstanding what VN means on F95, or this should have the VN prefix. My complaint isn't about your game, it's about it's metadata.
Eh, Idk, man. My suggestion is don't trouble yourself too much with that kind of stuff. In my case I wish there was a pixel art tag, but my request was denied. But thank you for your concern. If it continues to bother players in the future I'll try to figure out what genre would be more appropiate to describe my game. But for now I want to focus on making progress whenever I have energies. This is what I'm doing atm: 1654177938994.png

PonderPraetorian

Aug 18, 2021
I totally get where you're coming from. There's a lot of tags on F95 that are a bit confusing, leave things to be desired, or are misleading. Stellar examples commonly raised include the NTR tag (and lack of tagS), the loli/shota tags (legal vs regular, arguably oppai) and the omnipresent RPGM tag that doesnt add much value when a game is clearly not RPGM-formulaic.

The general rule I'd apply when seeing "VN" is:
"Does this entry/game deliver a story by focusing on a narrative supported by imagery with varying degrees of interactivity."

That stands opposed to:
"Does this entry/game deliver a story by focusing on letting a player play the game and use various mechanics with a story supporting the gameplay focus."

(Not that that definition isn't without flaws, but generally speaking, I feel it gets you through most things if you're just looking for an idea of when something'll get the VN tag. It's _very_ liberally given on F95, that's for sure. Basically anything with stills and text gets the tag, especially if it's made with renpy.)

But just to reaffirm: I totally get where you're coming from here.

Eh, Idk, man. My suggestion is don't trouble yourself too much with that kind of stuff. In my case I wish there was a pixel art tag, but my request was denied. But thank you for your concern. If it continues to bother players in the future I'll try to figure out what genre would be more appropiate to describe my game. But for now I want to focus on making progress whenever I have energies. This is what I'm doing atm: View attachment 1845803
New art is always nice to see/status updates are always cool, no matter how big or small.

Reactions: wiwem71072

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017

VN stands for "Visual Novel". A VN, therefore, is a game where the majority of gameplay consists of reading a paragraph of text and then clicking/hitting space/whatever to get another paragraph of text. It's a novel where the player can look at pretty pictures while they read it.

Given we're still mostly selecting options from a list and reading the results I'd say we're probably still a visual novel.

Edit: It's worth mentioning that Sandbox and Visual Novel are not mutually exclusive. There exist sandbox VNs, as "sandbox" is not a genre but a description of linearity.

Reactions: hofom77573

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
This is not a VN... A VN doesn't require doing the same action 20 times to move forward. I don't know if it's a sandbox, but it's definitely not a VN.
this looks like a sandbox to me.
you got the sandbox itself (city) which cantains a smaller one (mansion)
you can then do things in whatever order. and you repeat actions for numbers for progress (money, affection, etc).
looks like a classic sandbox to me. which is good since sandbox is my favorite
VN stands for "Visual Novel". A VN, therefore, is a game where the majority of gameplay consists of reading a paragraph of text and then clicking/hitting space/whatever to get another paragraph of text. It's a novel where the player can look at pretty pictures while they read it.
which is kind of ironic. as visual novels somehow came to be expected to be a choose your own adventure novel. Which resulted in linear VNs where you make no real choices to be called kinetic novel. (because you have to click to see every sentence)

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Well, with Visual Novels being a variety of Video Game it makes some sense. The expectation is that a Video Game allows the player to make some kind of agent decisions - even if the plot is very linear and there's no real way to change that, the player is usually expecting the chance to engage the antagonists with some amount of option. Look at a linear FPS like Halo:CE for an example. While the Master Chief will always wind up almost firing and then blowing up Halo with the assistance of Cortana and cannot, say, go and join the Covenant on their Great Journey, the player does have some agency in which guns they carry and how they prefer to engage the enemies present in each level. This is also true of games without antagonists.

A Kenetic Novel needs to be distinguished because it isn't really a video game, it's a digitized Light Novel with perhaps some voice acting. It's closer related to an audiobook than any game. As such it requires a distinction to separate it from the expectation of agency.

Terut

Nov 16, 2017
So will the nudist patreon version become public, but delayed, so like when 4.0 public comes out, 3.5 nudist will come out as public. That kind of thing?

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
That would mean redoing a lot of scenes with an arm variant or making it an exclusive ending. Doubtful or at best not happening anytime soon.
dont be ridiculous. renpy uses layering. in fact many high quality games use this technique to lower the need for rendering and art. glowing doors or other hotspots? most likely layers. impressively emotive characters? probably layering. tits flopping around, cum squirting everywhere and still going at it? definitely layering.
what needs to be done is drawing an arm for every frame and put it in the scene via an if arm=true equation. not without work, but not redrawing everything work.

• Haha
Reactions: hofom77573

hofom77573

Apr 17, 2021
dont be ridiculous. renpy uses layering. in fact many high quality games use this technique to lower the need for rendering and art. glowing doors or other hotspots? most likely layers. impressively emotive characters? probably layering. tits flopping around, cum squirting everywhere and still going at it? definitely layering.
what needs to be done is drawing an arm for every frame and put it in the scene via an if arm=true equation. not without work, but not redrawing everything work.
It's not an insignificant amount of work even if they do rush through it with a pin the tail arm on the donkey girl. Will a lot of scenes seem odd and out of place doing it that way? Of course, they were made taking her disability into consideration. So your fabled place one image on top of another isn't a miracle cure all. And besides the technical aspects how many of their 162 patrons would want to pay for them to update old content instead or working on new content? Unless it's a lot it likely isn't happening.

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Since it looks like there's only been one reference, and no jokes:

When do the blue dildo, the hispanic minotaur, the basketball player, and the weird bird show up?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Txxus
4.70 star(s) 55 Votes