jiminifokit

Jul 18, 2017

Hey folks just a quick little "how are you doing?" - update.
But first, if you're a patron in a tier with bughunt perks, don't forget to download the Halloween side story project which I uploaded today and please let me know about any bugs and or other weirdness you might encounter.

So I finally finished the Halloween side story and uploaded it today. For the next couple of days, I'll be killing bugs and hopefully adding/improving some things.
Finishing the bughunt today, felt a lot like coming up for air after diving. Wonderful! I've just finished answering a bunch of pm's which were all gathering dust.
I haven't done nearly the amount of stuff I wanted to, but that doesn't mean I'm not happy with the result. It was a crazy couple of weeks and I had a couple of bugs which were absolutely horrendous and at one time had me doing little dream tests.
That means I seriously wondered if I was dreaming and this was one of those unsolvable dreambugs which I encountered in my sleeping stages. So I tested whether I could do things I can't do in the real world, like breathing through a closed nose. I've never seen 3:00 AM (and later) appear on this much of a continual basis on my alarm clock.

I also started doing exercises before sleeping which someone told me would cut down heavily on my sleeping time without feeling sleepy the next day. Maybe those exercises are working or maybe I'm just on a weird sort of high, but I'm feeling dandy.
More importantly, the few times I talked with the coder is leading me to believe he's really been perking up. I'm still not 100% certain I can trust him on his word when he says he's doing great, but I'm feeling reasonably good about it.
I asked whether he wanted to play an early version of the bughunt build, assuring him it was entirely okay if he didn't feel like it yet, but he was all into it and sent me back a truly endless list with spelling mistakes. That's a good sign. Not for my spelling abilities, but it is for his energy levels.
Sooo I'll try and cross the t's and dot the i's of this mini side chapter and in a couple of days it'll be ready for a proper release! Just in time for Halloween.
The great thing about having to do this by yourself is, one: your really appreciate the stuff the coder has to go through. And second, when we're going back to our original routine where the coder codes and I just draw... it'll feel like a vacation to me : )
So yeah, sit tight until I can get all of oddities flattened and maybe add some stuff.
I'm feeling good, coder is feeling better and I hope you all feel awesome. Have a great (what's left of it anyway) weekend and talk to you later!

Hank Moody

Jul 6, 2017
I'll pass on the broken rushed awful Halloween side project

Despicable that it's only available if you pay 20 bucks

Pathetic tbh

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Respected User
Donor
Apr 7, 2017
Quit arguing back and forth. You'll get banned. Everyone's entitled to their opinions.

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
The thread is to help others with the game. Not for people to shit on each others opinions and start a multi-page argument. Gotta nip it in the bud before people piss the staff off.
I think people should be allowed to comment on the meta of the development - this seems like the best place for that. Granted it's not the most constructive argument but censoring criticism of devs is never the way to go.

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Respected User
Donor
Apr 7, 2017
I think people should be allowed to comment on the meta of the development - this seems like the best place for that. Granted it's not the most constructive argument but censoring criticism of devs is never the way to go.
It's a pirate site. We're Pirates. Criticism is welcomed. Just respect the opinions of the people criticizing. We don't need a back and forth. That's all I'll say on the subject.

4.50 star(s) 271 Votes