BastHouse

Jun 15, 2018
Is the writing well regarded? I've found individual lines funny but no great sense of characterization in the actual talking to the girls part. I doubt people would notice if someone else started writing their own brand of irreverent dialogue. Maybe it's not fair to judge because I skip all the tedious dream sequences with the annoying snake and spirit characters. I did notice the writing was bad in book 2 in terms of continuity. Try playing the love route without romancing Mai, your character keeps forgetting he is romancing Azula and barely knows Mai.

Considering everyone who's looked says the code is badly written and the coder is apparently the idiot with the fetish for awful minigames I think the talented artist was being weighed down before the coder turned into a flaky albatross. I doubt the artist would replace the coder now, but I hope they pick someone else to work with on their next project.

Reactions: splamo

Balrog

Jan 10, 2018
Is the writing well regarded? I've found individual lines funny but no great sense of characterization in the actual talking to the girls part. I doubt people would notice if someone else started writing their own brand of irreverent dialogue. Maybe it's not fair to judge because I skip all the tedious dream sequences with the annoying snake and spirit characters. I did notice the writing was bad in book 2 in terms of continuity. Try playing the love route without romancing Mai, your character keeps forgetting he is romancing Azula and barely knows Mai.

Considering everyone who's looked says the code is badly written and the coder is apparently the idiot with the fetish for awful minigames I think the talented artist was being weighed down before the coder turned into a flaky albatross. I doubt the artist would replace the coder now, but I hope they pick someone else to work with on their next project.
Personaly i liked it, it could be improved but it's better in term of humour and characters than like 99% of what i'v seen for that kind of game.

Trello

Jan 15, 2018
Mity make good money for what he does so he already get rewarded for it, we are in no way obligated to be any more lax or nice than we would be for anyone else from that point on, if it was charity work it would be another story but it isn't.

People can be dubious of what happens and talk about the infos they got and their opinions on it, chill out and accept it.
"MITY makes money so I'm allowed to be a complete asshole even though there's no justification to do so"

Reveals quite a lot about who you are as a person if you act like an utter twat to everyone who doesn't do what you want instantaneously.

Ouryuken

Apr 28, 2017
The halloween story is mostly (not entirely, tho) reused assets from other different books, with like, 5mins of dialogue

Its seems long because Shady limits your skull game to 1 per day, if there wasnt a limit or if you cheat the money (or sell your soul), you realize you can finish it extremely fast

JRZ17

Dec 5, 2017
I am never horribly late, maybe 10 days, like last release. Generally speaking, for me it's real life. I have a full time job in a very challenging field. Luckily, I have nice lulls that require nothing, so I can be full time on the game.

But if the dev has made more than a single release in a year, they aren't the worst!
Wait is this a crossover episode. The dev of one of my favorite games commenting on the game thread of the game that introduced me to this games.

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
Wait is this a crossover episode. The dev of one of my favorite games commenting on the game thread of the game that introduced me to this games.
Haha, I @'d him a couple pages ago because we were having a discussion on devs that get verbally assaulted.

Reactions: JRZ17

Zwart

Jun 16, 2018
Wanted to try the game, immediately got an error during the intro, when the world map is shown:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Screen worldmap is not known.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 1645, in script
  File "*Path*\renpy\ast.py", line 1828, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "*Path*\renpy\ast.py", line 1816, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "*Path*\renpy\statements.py", line 177, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "*Path*\renpy\exports.py", line 2705, in call_screen
    show_screen(_screen_name, _transient=True, *args, **kwargs)
  File "*Path*\renpy\display\screen.py", line 1068, in show_screen
    raise Exception("Screen %s is not known.\n" % (name[0],))
Exception: Screen worldmap is not known.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Anyone had this problem before? Couldn't find it using the search.

HmmmYes777

May 10, 2018
Can someone tell me when the main game is going to update?
I thought it was october
October was for the halloween side update. And honestly I think that for the main portion of the game we're going to get an update soon given that the halloween update a month ago allowed more time on the main game to be properly shaped.

IdarksoulsI

Jun 26, 2017
October was for the halloween side update. And honestly I think that for the main portion of the game we're going to get an update soon given that the halloween update a month ago allowed more time on the main game to be properly shaped.
I wouldn't count on that. Everything from "best update ever" to "meh" is possible.

Sommion

Apr 13, 2018
I dare to say that even that "halloween" update sure took to much time from the main project, and the next update only will be 2 or 1 new scene.

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
I dare to say that even that "halloween" update sure took to much time from the main project, and the next update only will be 2 or 1 new scene.
... Just get out. I'm sick of people who comment without understanding the situation...

The Halloween update is, and was the previous time as well, cobbled together by the artist in his free time.
He has finished the art for this update, he finished the art (what little new art there was) of the Halloween update, and has begun work on the NEXT update, due to the circumstances with the coder.

Seriously, the same arguments are getting old, on ALL the threads on this site.
I think this is a forum rule that just isn't enforced, but I'm not sure: Either way, I'll say it clearly for you:

READ UP ^^ or SHUT UP :X

splamo

Jun 26, 2018
... Just get out. I'm sick of people who comment without understanding the situation...

The Halloween update is, and was the previous time as well, cobbled together by the artist in his free time.
He has finished the art for this update, he finished the art (what little new art there was) of the Halloween update, and has begun work on the NEXT update, due to the circumstances with the coder.

Seriously, the same arguments are getting old, on ALL the threads on this site.
I think this is a forum rule that just isn't enforced, but I'm not sure: Either way, I'll say it clearly for you:

READ UP ^^ or SHUT UP :X
I was going to respond to that comment, be it a little more diplomatically, but the point was essentially the same.

MITY is doing his best for us over here. I'm bummed about the delay too, but there's only so much that is in his hands.

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
I was going to respond to that comment, be it a little more diplomatically, but the point was essentially the same.

MITY is doing his best for us over here. I'm bummed about the delay too, but there's only so much that is in his hands.
Fair enough XD
Just really, really sick of the vitriol from the folks here, most of which is given without prior understanding. Not to mention "save plz", "update plz" "how to fix?". As I stated above, I'm pretty sure reading prior posts before posting is a rule.
Be it an argument or flaming of a game, or a question, or pestering for content, check to see if it's been asked ;.;

batman321456

Nov 26, 2016
Hate to ask but any idea what the problem is, it only happens with crab battles in chapter 3

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/bk3_s_arena_shit.rpy", line 14813, in <module>
NameError: name 'hit_chance' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "stand_dealerplays.rpyc", line 14, in script call
  File "bjstart.rpyc", line 90, in script call
  File "bjstart.rpyc", line 93, in script call
  File "blackjack.rpyc", line 138, in script call
  File "stand_dealerplays.rpyc", line 13, in script call
  File "bk3_l_maze.rpyc", line 3081, in script call
  File "bk3_s_arena_shit.rpyc", line 14813, in script
  File "C:\Users\James\Documents\New folder\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.8.3c-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1729, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\James\Documents\New folder\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.8.3c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1943, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\James\Documents\New folder\Four_Elements_Trainer_v.0.8.3c-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1936, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/bk3_s_arena_shit.rpy", line 14813, in <module>
NameError: name 'hit_chance' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Four Elements Trainer 0.8.3c
Tue Nov 19 04:59:41 2019

4.50 star(s) 276 Votes