VN Ren'Py Freaky Friday [v0.5] [Game and Zen]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

frozted

Jan 28, 2018
Actually, I'm fairly certain you can't copyright titles. You could, in theory, trademark a made-up word and use that word in or as a title, but there have been many many books, movies, songs, etc. that shared titles and are completely unrelated works made by different people. I once tried to find a book I remembered from my childhood called "The Uninvited." It was a HUGE pain in the ass, because a ton of books and movies have used that title, and they're mostly all horror stories. More to the point:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that "Dragon Ball Infinity" may have contained other references protected IPs.

I'm about to download and check this out. I am hoping that those two purple-haired near identical looking women are not the ones getting body-swapped. I get that they're mother and daughter, but still. For one, if they're the two main characters, wouldn't it be better to have some variety in there? Also ... I mean those two people look like they could just pretend to be each other and no one would even notice.

EDIT: I still don't know what the deal is with these files marked "file.zip.exe" that anonfiles is trying to push on me, but I ain't falling for it. Sus as all hell as far as I'm concerned.
Anonfiles does that shit a lot. I would use a different download if I were you.

Stringy Bob

Apr 12, 2021
Anonfiles does that shit a lot. I would use a different download if I were you.
You can actually trademark movie titles, Disney does this all the time. Even if that werent the case a story about Mother/Daughter body swap called Freaky Friday is going to draw attention. And you dont mess with the House of Mouse, even when you win they hurt you bad enough that you may as well have lost.

bcool

Donor
Sep 29, 2018
How long will this game last on Patreon, while it violates their stupid prohibitions ??

frozted

Jan 28, 2018
You can actually trademark movie titles, Disney does this all the time. Even if that werent the case a story about Mother/Daughter body swap called Freaky Friday is going to draw attention. And you dont mess with the House of Mouse, even when you win they hurt you bad enough that you may as well have lost.
No idea why you are quoting me, I was not talking about anything related to that. Lol

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
FreakyFriday-0.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
I still don't know what the deal is with these files marked "file.zip.exe" that anonfiles is trying to push on me, but I ain't falling for it. Sus as all hell as far as I'm concerned.
It's an attempt to catch people who install Windows {or buy a box with it already installed, more likely} and don't know to change the default setting that leaves the filetype off when it shows you files.

Running Windows in default mode, your example file name would show up simply as "file.zip" and the noo0b would click it ...

Reactions: Guyin Cognito

megamanx06

Mar 13, 2019
The Disney movie is based on a . You can trademark movie titles but given that this is a new medium and not even necessarily based on that particular movie (there have been multiple), that doesn't apply.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
... You can trademark movie titles but given that this is a new medium and not even necessarily based on that particular movie (there have been multiple), that doesn't apply.
While this has some truth, you also have to consider how Intellectual Property laws work. You see, once you have a trademark, you absolutely MUST defend it, and be seen to defend it, or you can lose the trademark permanently. That's simply how the laws were written, partly to handle when a trademark becomes part of common terminology, but also for when a company goes bust, the ownership of trademark becomes murky, and it can be assumed to be no longer protected - to have lapsed. But it means companies have to be hyper aggressive with trademark use, or lose it all.

Reactions: Stringy Bob
3.50 star(s) 2 Votes