Mod Abandoned Freeloading Family: Incest Mod [v0.12] [bas & gigan]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harel

Jun 19, 2018
While it works with 0.9, in what I presume is a later scene with Nile(Leah), the conversation includes some info that doesn't mesh with being actual siblings. So some modifications are likely necessary for that content.

Thanks for the mod. I like this much better than step-siblings; more risk and tension, even if only because of how 'it works IRL'.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Hi,
just an FYI-the 0.10 version has a new "Show Path Points" Preferences setting, and this v0.9 mod seems to disable it. I have tested this on both the PC and the Mac versions. Removing the mod restores it with no problem :)

Reactions: bas

DeisEsMachine

Feb 19, 2018
Hi,
just an FYI-the 0.10 version has a new "Show Path Points" Preferences setting, and this v0.9 mod seems to disable it. I have tested this on both the PC and the Mac versions. Removing the mod restores it with no problem :)
But if we disable the mod, we're not be playing the "incest" mode but the "childhood friend" mode. correct me if I'm wrong

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Yes, you will have to decide which one to go with for now, I think.
Just been looking at this, and without the Incest Mod, the "show path points" in the upper left only comes up for me when using the chapter selection menu. It does not come up when loading a save or a starting a new game or loading a save.

Is it doing something different for you? Because then I added the mod, and got the exact same results.

Reactions: FranceToast

DeisEsMachine

Feb 19, 2018
Just been looking at this, and without the Incest Mod, the "show path points" in the upper left only comes up for me when using the chapter selection menu. It does not come up when loading a save or a starting a new game or loading a save.

Is it doing something different for you? Because then I added the mod, and got the exact same results.
nope, same thing. It's visible on Chapter Selection. I don't mind since I'm playing the game in both "path". besides, in most options (or answers to be easy to understand) in the game, it's shown which path and how many points you'll have upon selecting that said option.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
nope, same thing. It's visible on Chapter Selection. I don't mind since I'm playing the game in both "path". besides, in most options (or answers to be easy to understand) in the game, it's shown which path and how many points you'll have upon selecting that said option.
If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying the "Show Path Points" is not different with/without the mod for you?

DeisEsMachine

Feb 19, 2018
sorry about that. my head still spins, haha. check preference, there's an option to show the path points or not. haven't yet tried the game WITHOUT the incest patch. again, my bad.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
sorry about that. my head still spins, haha. check preference, there's an option to show the path points or not. haven't yet tried the game WITHOUT the incest patch. again, my bad.
No problem :)

The option is there in preferences with or without the patch. I'm trying to understand if the option does anything in the game outside of the "Chapter Selection". If you use the "Chapter Selection" menu, then it will show when you enter the game for me with/without the incest mod.

But this is the only place I can see it, regardless of with/without mod; When I start a new game, it's missing even when enabled, and when I load a saved game it's missing even when enabled in preferences.

DeisEsMachine

Feb 19, 2018
No problem :)

The option is there in preferences with or without the patch. I'm trying to understand if the option does anything in the game outside of the "Chapter Selection". If you use the "Chapter Selection" menu, then it will show when you enter the game for me with/without the incest mod.

But this is the only place I can see it, regardless of with/without mod; When I start a new game, it's missing even when enabled, and when I load a saved game it's missing even when enabled in preferences.
so you're trying to say is with or without the mod and enabled in preferences, it doesn't show up? I read the changelog of V0.10 and it states that the creator added the corner counter. Let me try everything and I'll let you know.

DeisEsMachine

Feb 19, 2018
Loading a saved game from v0.09 (without the mod) in v0.10 (without the mod), counter is visible.
Loading a saved game from v0.09 (without the mod) in v0.10 (WITH the mod), counter is visible.
Starting a game in v0.09 with the mod doesn't show the counter.
Starting a game in v0.10 using the same mod doesn't show the counter.
Starting a game in both version WITHOUT the mod shows the counter
Loading a saved game from v0.09 (with the mod) in v0.10 (with or without the mod), counter is NOT visible.

I guess the mod has something to do with it since starting a new game, the counter is NOT visible.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Loading a saved game from v0.09 (without the mod) in v0.10 (without the mod), counter is visible.
Loading a saved game from v0.09 (without the mod) in v0.10 (WITH the mod), counter is visible.
Starting a game in v0.09 with the mod doesn't show the counter.
Starting a game in v0.10 using the same mod deson't show the counter.
Loading a saved game from v0.09 (with the mod) in v0.10 (with or without the mod), counter is NOT visible.

I guess the mod has something to do with it since starting a new game, the counter is NOT visible.
Thanks. Well, I'm stumped. There's nothing in the mod that messes with the code that enables/disables this. I dunno.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018

Without the Incest mod, I do get the Show Path Points when starting a new game (3rd screen actually, with The Developer intro talking about Stepsister).

I also see the Show Path Points when I load a game that I saved with Show Path Points visible.

But like you, I do not see it on a loaded save from a previous version.

And with the mod, I do not get it at any point.

edit: Thanks for looking into this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.