Mod Abandoned Freeloading Family: Incest Mod [v0.12] [bas & gigan]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeisEsMachine

Feb 19, 2018
I'm no programmer but I took a peek in your code and I found something I can't understand.

def aliceName( text ):
def innerChange( m ):
if m.group(0) == "Alice": return sis_name <------ this

and below
elif m.group(0) == "somethnig": return "something"
elif m.group(0) == "te yawn": return "the yawn"
elif m.group(0) == "Allie": return sis_name <------- this
elif m.group(0) == "friendzon": return "friend-zon"

should "Allie" be "Alice" or that's a different thing?

Reactions: bas

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
I'm no programmer but I took a peek in your code and I found something I can't understand.

def aliceName( text ):
def innerChange( m ):
if m.group(0) == "Alice": return sis_name <------ this

and below
elif m.group(0) == "somethnig": return "something"
elif m.group(0) == "te yawn": return "the yawn"
elif m.group(0) == "Allie": return sis_name <------- this
elif m.group(0) == "friendzon": return "friend-zon"

should "Allie" be "Alice" or that's a different thing?
In addition to being an incest patch, the mod also allows you to change Alice's name to something else and stores that choice in the variable 'sis_name'.

"Allie" is the nickname that Leah has for your sister, so I couldn't leave it since if you have her called "Helen" for example and then her nickname is still "Allie" it doesn't really follow. There's no programmatically decent way to have it take your name choice and then come up with a nickname that makes sense, so I did that.

Hope that clears it up? :)

Reactions: TheDevian

DeisEsMachine

Feb 19, 2018
I understand the variables, I just got lost in the "Allie" part since I haven't played both the "step-sister" and "childhood friend" mode. Thanks for the clarifications. Anyway:

modF95 "{i}Your sister's name is {b}[sis_name]{/b}."

should there be a {/i} somewhere?

Reactions: Burt and bas

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Without the Incest mod, I do get the Show Path Points when starting a new game (3rd screen actually, with The Developer intro talking about Stepsister).

I also see the Show Path Points when I load a game that I saved with Show Path Points visible.

But like you, I do not see it on a loaded save from a previous version.

And with the mod, I do not get it at any point.

edit: Thanks for looking into this :)
Thank you - just figured it out thanks to your help and @DeisEsMachine's and fixing now. Will have updated mod available shortly.

I understand the variables, I just got lost in the "Allie" part since I haven't played both the "step-sister" and "childhood friend" mode. Thanks for the clarifications. Anyway:

modF95 "{i}Your sister's name is {b}[sis_name]{/b}."

should there be a {/i} somewhere?
Ren'py closes tags automatically at the end of each "say" statement, and I'm happy to let it ;).

Reactions: FranceToast

DeisEsMachine

Feb 19, 2018
Thank you sir. By the way, I'm playing in mac and I would like to ask where the saved files are stored. Any ideas?

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Thank you sir. By the way, I'm playing in mac and I would like to ask where the saved files are stored. Any ideas?
Should be under ~/Library/RenPy/

Edit: It is-however it is in the 'hidden' Library folder in Sierra and High Sierra-if you go to your home directory (your name probably) and Command-Shift-Period in the Window it should show the hidden files, including Library/Renpy/

Reactions: bas

DeisEsMachine

Feb 19, 2018
Should be under ~/Library/RenPy/

Edit: It is-however it is in the 'hidden' Library folder in Sierra and High Sierra-if you go to your home directory (your name probably) and Command-Shift-Period in the Window it should show the hidden files, including Library/Renpy/
Thank you!

Blakwhole

Aug 12, 2018
Anyone know if this needs to be updated to work with v0.11 or will this one work as is with v0.11?

johnconnor

Jul 24, 2017
There's at least one spot where you're still the "step brother"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, so the patch probably needs to be updated.

EDIT: There are other spots where you are correctly labeled sister and brother with the patch.

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
Bro every time i search for something you have already made it!
Thank you! Without you help i cant play the game in the right way they where made!

Status
Not open for further replies.